Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#228491 08/22/04 09:12 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
From my experience, I've seen that you can be logged in on the boards on multiple computers. I always sign in on friends' computers, and sometimes public computers, and although I usually remember to log out, sometimes I forget. Is there a way to log out of all computers without actually getting to them?

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#228492 08/22/04 11:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No. "Logging in" is handled by browser cookies, files stored on the individual computer(s) in question. That is, whether you're logged in or not, and as whom, is information stored locally on that computer's hard drive. If you don't want to stay logged in on that computer, you'll have to remember to log out on it before you leave.

OTOH, there's no harm to staying logged in. It has no effect when you don't have the boards open on that computer. So, if you leave yourself logged in on your friends' computers, nothing will happen unless they choose to come to the boards. In that case, they could post as you, if they wanted to, but what kind of friends would they be if they did that? wink

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#228493 08/22/04 02:13 PM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It's not the friends that bother me, it's the public computers. wink

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#228494 08/22/04 04:17 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
If you're ever really concerned, you can change your password. Then it won't work on public computers with the old password, only the new one, and you should be safe. Just remember to always log out in the future.

Molly

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard