Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Julie S Logging Out - 08/22/04 01:12 PM
From my experience, I've seen that you can be logged in on the boards on multiple computers. I always sign in on friends' computers, and sometimes public computers, and although I usually remember to log out, sometimes I forget. Is there a way to log out of all computers without actually getting to them?

Julie smile
Posted By: HatMan Re: Logging Out - 08/22/04 03:47 PM
No. "Logging in" is handled by browser cookies, files stored on the individual computer(s) in question. That is, whether you're logged in or not, and as whom, is information stored locally on that computer's hard drive. If you don't want to stay logged in on that computer, you'll have to remember to log out on it before you leave.

OTOH, there's no harm to staying logged in. It has no effect when you don't have the boards open on that computer. So, if you leave yourself logged in on your friends' computers, nothing will happen unless they choose to come to the boards. In that case, they could post as you, if they wanted to, but what kind of friends would they be if they did that? wink

Paul
Posted By: Julie S Re: Logging Out - 08/22/04 06:13 PM
It's not the friends that bother me, it's the public computers. wink

Julie
Posted By: LNCroxmysox Re: Logging Out - 08/22/04 08:17 PM
If you're ever really concerned, you can change your password. Then it won't work on public computers with the old password, only the new one, and you should be safe. Just remember to always log out in the future.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards