#228429 07/08/04 10:50 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Perhaps it is my internet provider or something, but for some reason I can't participate in the 'Fun with Polls'. I can read the posts, but nothing happens when I click to vote. And if I try to open the poll in a new window, the page cannot be displayed and "javascript:void(0)" is in the address bar.

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sara, I had a problem a time back with the polls, but can't remember if it was the same error message or not.

Anyway, my problem was because of the pop-up blocker I had installed blocking the pop-up screens for the vote and results.

Whether this is the problem here, I have no idea, but it might be worth checking out and temporarily disabling any pop-up blocker you have installed. See if it helps.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sounds like problems a couple others had before. The issue then was caused by a pop-up blocker. Voting and results occur in a new window, which looks like a pop-up ad. So if you have a pop-up blocker, you need to tell it that the voting window is allowed. Generally, you can do that by doing something like holding the ctrl key while you click (that may vary, depending on your program). You may also be able to instruct the pop-up blocker to allow all pop-up windows from this site to open.

All of that assumes you have a pop-up blocker, but they are becoming more and more common, even built into more than one popular ISP.

If not, I don't know what to tell you.

Hope it helps.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thanks Labby and Paul. It was the popup blocker after all. And Paul...the ctrl key worked. Thanks. laugh

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard