Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KSaraSara Why can't I take the polls? - 07/08/04 02:50 PM
Perhaps it is my internet provider or something, but for some reason I can't participate in the 'Fun with Polls'. I can read the posts, but nothing happens when I click to vote. And if I try to open the poll in a new window, the page cannot be displayed and "javascript:void(0)" is in the address bar.

Sara
Posted By: LabRat Re: Why can't I take the polls? - 07/08/04 03:01 PM
Sara, I had a problem a time back with the polls, but can't remember if it was the same error message or not.

Anyway, my problem was because of the pop-up blocker I had installed blocking the pop-up screens for the vote and results.

Whether this is the problem here, I have no idea, but it might be worth checking out and temporarily disabling any pop-up blocker you have installed. See if it helps.

LabRat smile
Posted By: HatMan Re: Why can't I take the polls? - 07/08/04 03:03 PM
Sounds like problems a couple others had before. The issue then was caused by a pop-up blocker. Voting and results occur in a new window, which looks like a pop-up ad. So if you have a pop-up blocker, you need to tell it that the voting window is allowed. Generally, you can do that by doing something like holding the ctrl key while you click (that may vary, depending on your program). You may also be able to instruct the pop-up blocker to allow all pop-up windows from this site to open.

All of that assumes you have a pop-up blocker, but they are becoming more and more common, even built into more than one popular ISP.

If not, I don't know what to tell you.

Hope it helps.

Paul
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Why can't I take the polls? - 07/08/04 08:30 PM
Thanks Labby and Paul. It was the popup blocker after all. And Paul...the ctrl key worked. Thanks. laugh

Sara
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards