Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LnC101 Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
what program would I need to make a music vidoe or a fanfic trailer?

thanks- cool
Lisa

"You don't earn your press pass by making friends."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi,

and welcome to the crazy and easily addictive world you're possibly about to enter: videos.

There are tons of different video programs you can use. Adobe Premiere, Pinnacle Studio etc... There's also this free program - Windows Movie Maker 2 - which works perfectly fine as well: both me and Lynn are using it.

Winows Movie Maker (v.1) is a difficult one: it doesn't really give you that much to go on. So if it came with your machine or something, I wouldn't really recommend using it. But WMM2 will give you a lot. And it's extremely easy to use.

If you can't use those programs, then I suggest going to your local el. store and ask for video editing programs there.

So, if you've got all the L&C episodes and know how to load them onto your computer, then I say you're all set.

Pelican

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That's the biggest problem, getting the footage into your computer. You need a capture card to take it from your VCR and digitize into a file on your computer that you can edit and add text and music to.

Capture cards come anywhere from $100. external from Pinnacle Systems I think, up to huge amounts of money for professional ones.

Hope this helps

Features Writer
Features Writer
Ok guys... now..

talking about all the equipment you need, what kind of computer system is the minimum requirement and what kind of programs should i have before installing all this stuff. confused

it seems to me i´d have to buy a whole new pc cause i am still on stone age here with my state-of-art-almost-part-of-the-family Win 98. grumble

Help your digital illeterate friend on her way to make her own videos.. laugh oh.. and do you have any idea how i can get to Andrea G.? I wanna tell her how i loved her "Bitch" video.. absolutely amazing. notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, you will probably need a new PC. I know people were making videos on Windows 98 computers a long time ago, but things have improved so much since then. It's good to go with a lot of RAM. My video maker program eats RAM like crazy. I have 223 MBs, but I would recommend at least 500 MBs, or even more. Make sure your harddrive is huge, because I often will use up 1-2 Gigabytes of space JUST to hold the clips I've imported to make a single video.

Molly

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard