Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ACdrift Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow ML,

I really enjoyed your take on childbirth with Lois and Clark. This brought back memories about when my daughters were born. I remember quite clearly how mad I was at their father for causing all of this trouble. My oldest just turned 18! How quickly the time goes by.

It's great to see you posting here. I just read your last epic, "Curiosity Killed the Reporter", from the archives and loved the plot. I have been enjoying my vacation and your writing has been a major part of that laugh

Write on!
Anne (One of your biggest fans)

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
I read this again, ML, and I still love it. You've really got that hard-nosed, sarcastic Lois here.

And here's my all-time favourite part,
Why did he have to sound so much like a cheerleader anyway? What did he want her to do - catch the football and win the Stanley Cup or whatever the big prize was called? What was he going to say next? ‘Lois. Lois. She’s our man. If she can’t do it, no one can.’ “Argg,” she groaned pushing as hard as she could until she finally collapsed back onto the bed.
smile1

gerry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great little story ML, it brings back *shudder* too many memories! wink

So sweet, I can imagine Clark just brimming with love.. blush

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
That was a great fanfic. There's very few vignette I like, but I love this one. It was so sweet and funny. I loved it. Thank You for posting.

Why was the nurse giving Lois’ child to that man? Didn’t she know he was the villain in this piece? He responsible for all of this. Yet he wasn’t the one who had been forced to push something the size of a bowling ball from his body! He’d contributed a moment’s pleasure to the creation of this new life. Nothing more! This was her child!

Lois’ internal rant suddenly ended and her insides unexpectedly turned to mush when she observed the extreme tenderness on Clark’s face as he looked down into the face of his newborn son for the first time.
So adorable !

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hey, guys. Don't have time to say much at the moment, but I just wanted to pop by to see what you all thought of my little fic before heading out of town for the next few days.

Glad to see that you're enjoying it. I'll see you when I get back to say more.

ML

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Heh laugh So Lois of Lois!

Nice story, ML.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, you could knock me over with a feather when I looked at the boards. ML actually posted a *story*!!! And I loved it. The first line made me blink a few times, but it was a definite hook. And it followed through wonderfully. clap

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why did he have to sound so much like a cheerleader anyway? What did he want her to do - catch the football and win the Stanley Cup or whatever the big prize was called? What was he going to say next? ‘Lois. Lois. She’s our man. If she can’t do it, no one can.’ “Argg,” she groaned pushing as hard as she could until she finally collapsed back onto the bed.
Hilarious! I just had to roll in laughter over this rant.

Christ, I'm never having kids. goofy
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll second Gerry - this is still fun the second time through, ML. smile The rants are so Lois, and so is her easy succumbing to Clark's devious sweetness - beware men with ice chips. laugh

c

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She looked up at him, tears congregating in the corners of her eyes. “It wasn’t so bad, Clark,” she said, before looking back with love at her newborn son.
WHAT!?! goofy

Cute post ML! thumbsup

TEEEEEEEJ/having flashback shudders over her own 11.9 pound li'l darlin'

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy crow TJ! 11.9 pounds!What did you have a toddler? Anyway nice little story and yes Clark has lost his mind to be bringing up number three when number 2 is just entering the world. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was a fun story! I liked seeing Lois and Clark's future, and I thought both Clark's wanting a baby (cute puppy-dog eyes) and Lois's uncertainties (and the way she dealt with labor) were very in-character. Bad idea for Clark to mention the possibility of a third right after she's finished #2, though! Should wait until she's got a preschooler and a toddler and is remembering the infant days more fondly. Also, should actually do all the midnight feedings when possible, so that she *does* have some fond memories of the infant days.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I think it's ML who has lost their mind.

Why don't we have a retching icon? wink

Tank (who wonders how any sane, caring man could put a woman through that kind of ordeal)

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Count me in with Karen on the "ML posted shock factor"!! goofy

And what a post! This was a great story, ML!! (Not that I'm surprised... haven't read anything of yours that I didn't love)!!

I loved the switchbacks from memories to present time!

Sara (who still needs to read the Curiousity story when she gets time...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Wonderful! I think my uterus is clenching in sympathy! wink

I think the main reason men survive childbirth is the mommy is too wiped to kill 'im. laugh

I loved the switchbacks from memories to present time!
Yes, very well done. smile

May there be many more ML fics posted here!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Columnist
Columnist
Hi ML.

Just want to join the others and say I loved this funny, yet sweet vignette.

It was just so Lois and Clark! wink

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yea! I knew Tank would like it! Yes, such memories! So very real! If only Clark could feel pain. But then we forget and forgive.
Great story, ML. Post more here!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
ML,

LMAO! Great Story. I Loved it. Glad you posted.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
ML

I'm glad to see you posting here. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard