Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ACdrift FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 01:17 PM
Wow ML,

I really enjoyed your take on childbirth with Lois and Clark. This brought back memories about when my daughters were born. I remember quite clearly how mad I was at their father for causing all of this trouble. My oldest just turned 18! How quickly the time goes by.

It's great to see you posting here. I just read your last epic, "Curiosity Killed the Reporter", from the archives and loved the plot. I have been enjoying my vacation and your writing has been a major part of that laugh

Write on!
Anne (One of your biggest fans)
Posted By: gerry Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 01:27 PM
I read this again, ML, and I still love it. You've really got that hard-nosed, sarcastic Lois here.

And here's my all-time favourite part,
Why did he have to sound so much like a cheerleader anyway? What did he want her to do - catch the football and win the Stanley Cup or whatever the big prize was called? What was he going to say next? ‘Lois. Lois. She’s our man. If she can’t do it, no one can.’ “Argg,” she groaned pushing as hard as she could until she finally collapsed back onto the bed.
smile1

gerry
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 01:44 PM
Great little story ML, it brings back *shudder* too many memories! wink

So sweet, I can imagine Clark just brimming with love.. blush

~Liz
Posted By: Poussin Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 02:05 PM
That was a great fanfic. There's very few vignette I like, but I love this one. It was so sweet and funny. I loved it. Thank You for posting.

Why was the nurse giving Lois’ child to that man? Didn’t she know he was the villain in this piece? He responsible for all of this. Yet he wasn’t the one who had been forced to push something the size of a bowling ball from his body! He’d contributed a moment’s pleasure to the creation of this new life. Nothing more! This was her child!

Lois’ internal rant suddenly ended and her insides unexpectedly turned to mush when she observed the extreme tenderness on Clark’s face as he looked down into the face of his newborn son for the first time.
So adorable !
Posted By: MLT Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 03:06 PM
Hey, guys. Don't have time to say much at the moment, but I just wanted to pop by to see what you all thought of my little fic before heading out of town for the next few days.

Glad to see that you're enjoying it. I'll see you when I get back to say more.

ML

wave
Heh laugh So Lois of Lois!

Nice story, ML.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Karen Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 04:48 PM
Wow, you could knock me over with a feather when I looked at the boards. ML actually posted a *story*!!! And I loved it. The first line made me blink a few times, but it was a definite hook. And it followed through wonderfully. clap
Posted By: Shadow Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 05:50 PM
Why did he have to sound so much like a cheerleader anyway? What did he want her to do - catch the football and win the Stanley Cup or whatever the big prize was called? What was he going to say next? ‘Lois. Lois. She’s our man. If she can’t do it, no one can.’ “Argg,” she groaned pushing as hard as she could until she finally collapsed back onto the bed.
Hilarious! I just had to roll in laughter over this rant.

Christ, I'm never having kids. goofy
JD
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 06:33 PM
I'll second Gerry - this is still fun the second time through, ML. smile The rants are so Lois, and so is her easy succumbing to Clark's devious sweetness - beware men with ice chips. laugh

c
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 07:12 PM
She looked up at him, tears congregating in the corners of her eyes. “It wasn’t so bad, Clark,” she said, before looking back with love at her newborn son.
WHAT!?! goofy

Cute post ML! thumbsup

TEEEEEEEJ/having flashback shudders over her own 11.9 pound li'l darlin'
Posted By: Laurach Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 07:16 PM
Holy crow TJ! 11.9 pounds!What did you have a toddler? Anyway nice little story and yes Clark has lost his mind to be bringing up number three when number 2 is just entering the world. Laura
Posted By: Meerkat Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 07:20 PM
This was a fun story! I liked seeing Lois and Clark's future, and I thought both Clark's wanting a baby (cute puppy-dog eyes) and Lois's uncertainties (and the way she dealt with labor) were very in-character. Bad idea for Clark to mention the possibility of a third right after she's finished #2, though! Should wait until she's got a preschooler and a toddler and is remembering the infant days more fondly. Also, should actually do all the midnight feedings when possible, so that she *does* have some fond memories of the infant days.
Posted By: Tank Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 08:44 PM
I think it's ML who has lost their mind.

Why don't we have a retching icon? wink

Tank (who wonders how any sane, caring man could put a woman through that kind of ordeal)
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/11/05 09:20 PM
Count me in with Karen on the "ML posted shock factor"!! goofy

And what a post! This was a great story, ML!! (Not that I'm surprised... haven't read anything of yours that I didn't love)!!

I loved the switchbacks from memories to present time!

Sara (who still needs to read the Curiousity story when she gets time...)
Posted By: rivka Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/12/05 02:28 AM
Wonderful! I think my uterus is clenching in sympathy! wink

I think the main reason men survive childbirth is the mommy is too wiped to kill 'im. laugh

I loved the switchbacks from memories to present time!
Yes, very well done. smile

May there be many more ML fics posted here!
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/12/05 05:48 AM
Hi ML.

Just want to join the others and say I loved this funny, yet sweet vignette.

It was just so Lois and Clark! wink

Yours Jenni
Posted By: Artemis Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/12/05 01:30 PM
Yea! I knew Tank would like it! Yes, such memories! So very real! If only Clark could feel pain. But then we forget and forgive.
Great story, ML. Post more here!
cool
Artemis
Hi,

Cute! hyper
ML,

LMAO! Great Story. I Loved it. Glad you posted.

Rach
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/13/05 08:21 AM
ML

I'm glad to see you posting here. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool
Posted By: silm Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/13/05 09:56 AM
ML, this story`s sooo nice, funny and sweet.
thank you for sharing this with us,
Sil
Posted By: MLT Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/13/05 05:26 PM
I want to thank everyone for their responses.

I was particularly pleased to see that Tank enjoyed it more than I thought he would smile1 (After all, he didn't mention it making him want to kill himself even once thumbsup ) Obviously, I'm not the only one who thought about Tank upon posting this story (Gerry and Artemis). Maybe we should have a whole subsection of this type of story dedicated to Tank wave (and, wow, I think my comments here might just have been longer than my entire story blush )
Posted By: Artemis Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/14/05 10:57 AM
I think Tank has a point here:
Why don't we have a retching icon? [Wink]
We could also use it for pregnancy/childbirth/baby/toddler stories as a warning since there is usually a lot of that involved in those stages. My grandchild was just here and it brought back memories of much cleaning up and laundry.
cool
Artemis

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gerry Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/14/05 04:37 PM
ML wrote
Karen, the first line, the one that made you blink, is actually my favorite line. I'm not sure why but... There's just something about it that tickled my funny bone blush
Tickled your funny bone ML? I was hysterical rotflol

gerry
Posted By: jackiek Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/16/05 11:32 AM
This one hit a little too close to home. It actually made me cry, which just goes to show you how great of a writer you are ML. I very rarely cry. Having had my first child only 2 months ago, I definately remember it well.

Why was the nurse giving Lois’ child to that man? Didn’t she know he was the villain in this piece? He responsible for all of this. Yet he wasn’t the one who had been forced to push something the size of a bowling ball from his body! He’d contributed a moment’s pleasure to the creation of this new life. Nothing more! This was her child!
That is exactly how I thought I'd react. During labour,I actually told me husband that if they tried to give him the baby first that he better refuse. Then when it came down to it, I was only able to hold my son for 1 minute before they passed him to my husband so that they could (eek) stich me up.

Lois’ internal rant suddenly ended and her insides unexpectedly turned to mush when she observed the extreme tenderness on Clark’s face as he looked down into the face of his newborn son for the first time.
Turns out I was so happy to see my husband and new baby boy together. It was the sweetest thing ever. You captured the emotion perfectly.

Great job! So happy to see you posting here.

Jackie (who can't believe TJ had an 11.9 lbs baby when she thought hers (at 9 lbs 7 oz) was huge!)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/16/05 09:42 PM
Jackie (who can't believe TJ had an 11.9 lbs baby when she thought hers (at 9 lbs 7 oz) was huge!)
dizzy

While I loved this story and think Lois's change of heart was sweet, I always remembered how bad it felt for me(and all those other women who say they forget the pain...NUTS!!) I tell both my daughters constantly how much pain I was in, in hopes they will NEVER, EVER want to get pregnant.

TEEEEEEEJ
Posted By: MLT Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/17/05 01:39 AM
Artemus, you're right. Most other message boards I've been to seem to have a retching icon. Maybe we should get one. laugh

Gerry, I'm glad you enjoyed my first line - at least after I changed it from 'breading' to breeding' blush

Jackie, I'm sorry for making you cry. But I loved your newborn story. smile

TEEEEJ, I remember asking my mother once (years ago) if she forgot the pain when she had me. She told me that she would never forget the pain - but that I was worth it. Of course, that was back when I was nice. I wonder what she'd say now wink .

ML wave
Posted By: jackiek Re: FBK: Have You Lost Your Mind, Clark? - 07/17/05 09:43 AM
ML, don't appologize. I loved your story! smile

TJ, all I have to say about the pain is EPIDURAL!!! I now recommend it to everyone. goofy I was in no pain at all after taking it (which is nice since I was in labour for 24 hours). Of course since my son was delivered by forceps, as soon as I left the hospital and the drugs the pain came rushing back. I am still recovering! Of course, my son is definately worth it! smile

Jackie
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards