Print Thread
#226477 07/20/12 12:06 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
*shuddery breath*

There are 14 dead and 39 injured (it's unconfirmed, but supposedly there was one child among the dead.) Apparently this happened in Aurora, Colorado. I'm typing one handed or else I would post a link. Right now I'm watching the Aurora, Colorado local NBC affiliate.

I'm getting the feeling that the costumed showing of a movie is going to disappear as a result of this (I want to be clear, this is the least of the concerns about this.)

And to think, usually when I'm up this early I just nurse my baby and then just head back to bed. Now, there;s no way I'll sleep.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, I saw this on the news this morning. There are so few words that seem adequate to anything. I also feel sorry for the shooter's family back in San Diego.
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Features Writer
Features Writer
I haven't posted in a long time, but I felt compelled to come here. My heart is so heavy today. I saw the breaking news alert on CNN right when it happened because I was up with my baby, and I was stunned.

I was at LAFF 2008 when "The Dark Knight" came out, with LaraMoon, Sue S., Stephnachia, AnnaBanana, Kltypmxm, CatBru ... Such a fun time. Some of them went to see it; some of us went to lunch and shopping instead, and it was just such a fun, lively atmosphere ... I can't imagine if something like that had happened when we were there.

God bless all of the victims, and the people of Colorado.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Kerth
Kerth
Heard about this earlier. Don't know what channel it was on, but I heard 71 shot and 12 killed. Regardless, it's a scary experience and the guy who committed it is a complete and total psychopath. And it could have happened anywhere-- it's not like it had anything to do with the movie, or Hollywood, or even a personal beef with someone (or so it seems). It was random. <shudders>

Very sad and scary. Movies are a place to escape, and everyone was innocent going in.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Someone on the Twisting the Hellmouth Buffy forums actually lives near there and watches movies in that theatre fairly often - fortunately didn't go to that performance. A horrible thing to happen anyway.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard