Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Christina Dark Knight Rises Shooting - 07/20/12 04:06 AM
*shuddery breath*

There are 14 dead and 39 injured (it's unconfirmed, but supposedly there was one child among the dead.) Apparently this happened in Aurora, Colorado. I'm typing one handed or else I would post a link. Right now I'm watching the Aurora, Colorado local NBC affiliate.

I'm getting the feeling that the costumed showing of a movie is going to disappear as a result of this (I want to be clear, this is the least of the concerns about this.)

And to think, usually when I'm up this early I just nurse my baby and then just head back to bed. Now, there;s no way I'll sleep.
Posted By: Artemis Re: Dark Knight Rises Shooting - 07/20/12 10:12 AM
Yes, I saw this on the news this morning. There are so few words that seem adequate to anything. I also feel sorry for the shooter's family back in San Diego.
Artemis
Posted By: EditorJax Re: Dark Knight Rises Shooting - 07/20/12 12:58 PM
I haven't posted in a long time, but I felt compelled to come here. My heart is so heavy today. I saw the breaking news alert on CNN right when it happened because I was up with my baby, and I was stunned.

I was at LAFF 2008 when "The Dark Knight" came out, with LaraMoon, Sue S., Stephnachia, AnnaBanana, Kltypmxm, CatBru ... Such a fun time. Some of them went to see it; some of us went to lunch and shopping instead, and it was just such a fun, lively atmosphere ... I can't imagine if something like that had happened when we were there.

God bless all of the victims, and the people of Colorado.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Dark Knight Rises Shooting - 07/20/12 07:06 PM
Heard about this earlier. Don't know what channel it was on, but I heard 71 shot and 12 killed. Regardless, it's a scary experience and the guy who committed it is a complete and total psychopath. And it could have happened anywhere-- it's not like it had anything to do with the movie, or Hollywood, or even a personal beef with someone (or so it seems). It was random. <shudders>

Very sad and scary. Movies are a place to escape, and everyone was innocent going in.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Dark Knight Rises Shooting - 07/21/12 02:37 AM
Someone on the Twisting the Hellmouth Buffy forums actually lives near there and watches movies in that theatre fairly often - fortunately didn't go to that performance. A horrible thing to happen anyway.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards