Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Me: What are you doing with your hair for the play (Taming of the Shrew)?

Child: I don't know yet, but I think there's going to be facial hair involved for at least one scene. I'm supposed to be in disguise. I think Shakespeare lives in the same universe as Superman: nobody has any facial recognition ability whatsoever.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol *high fives the kid*

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
clap Perfect reasoning!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Brilliant!! laugh

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh /roaring with laughter/ laugh

I remember reading something about "As You Like It", where the author pointed out that on the Elizabethan stage, female roles were commonly performed by boys.

So... we have Rosalind, the daughter of the Duke, disguising herself as "Ganymede" (male cover identity).

Plot summary:
Orlando, a young gentleman of the kingdom who has fallen in love at first sight of Rosalind, is forced to flee his home after being persecuted by his older brother, Oliver. Rosalind, also in love with Orlando, meets him as Ganymede and pretends to counsel him to cure him of being in love. Ganymede says "he" will take Rosalind's place and "he" and Orlando can act out their relationship.
So we have a boy (actor) playing a girl (Rosalind) playing a boy (Ganymede) playing a girl (pretending to be Rosalind for Orlando.)

Just wanted to mention that.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If Shakespeare plays and Superman are in the same universe someone needs to do a crossover. Given their ability to get stuck in strange places maybe Lois & Clark can get stranded on Prospero's island? Superman is affected by magic.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by dcarson:
If Shakespeare plays and Superman are in the same universe someone needs to do a crossover. Given their ability to get stuck in strange places maybe Lois & Clark can get stranded on Prospero's island? Superman is affected by magic.
Oooh! I second this! A Shakespeare crossover would be awesome! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
clap Brilliant! Someone should have thought of this sooner! If I had time, I would definitely do it (Shakespeare-obsessed person here blush ) but as it stands, no can do. But please, please, PLEASE somebody follow up on this!!!

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
clap Brilliant! Someone should have thought of this sooner! If I had time, I would definitely do it (Shakespeare-obsessed person here blush ) but as it stands, no can do. But please, please, PLEASE somebody follow up on this!!!
The only ones I remember well enough are Hamlet, Macbeth, and King Lear, but I can't figure out how to make a successful crossover with those.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
I don't know about crossover, but I think that "Much Ado About Nothing" would be a good match. It's a love story amidst tragedy but with a happy ending- Clark would make a good Claudio, though he could pull off Benedick. But Lois is definitely Beatrice...

And Tempus and Don Jon could be relative equals. I think they work, anyways. laugh Not sure about other stories, "The Tempest" maybe, or any of his comedies, really.
huh
Somebody should definitely do something like this, though. Seriously.

--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Taming of The Shrew?

So many options. The most classic would be Lucy wants to marry and has to get Lois wed first. Or something more elaborate with an accidental wedding from the other thread ?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
the Tempest crossover potential got me thinking, Maybe a Midsummer Night's Dream for a sequel? much magic in that forrest.

Although "Something wicked this way comes" (Macbeth)
- but then who appears? Lex Luther? or Superman? (but not Clark Kent I think)
or maybe for a a change of tone - it's Cat Grant laugh

c.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by ccmalo:
the Tempest crossover potential got me thinking, Maybe a Midsummer Night's Dream for a sequel? much magic in that forrest.
And who would be Bottom? Jimmy? And who would be the Fairy Queen that seduces him? Cat?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
So... we have Rosalind, the daughter of the Duke, disguising herself as "Ganymede" (male cover identity).
Something like that took place in the movie "Shakespeare In Love" from 1997, starring Joseph Fiennes and Gwyneth Paltrow. In the movie, Gwyneth stars as a young noblewoman who disguises herself as a boy to get into Shakespeare's company of actors and gets cast in "Romeo and Juliet" as one of the girls. Good story. Loved Will's superstitious little dance routine he does before he starts to write anything.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Columnist
Columnist
As much as I adore crazy/obsessive/cut-through Lois, I always say that season one is like one long performance of Taming the Shrew.

.talk nerdy to me.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Kid wins. laugh

And the crossover ideas sound fun!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard