Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
My husband just sent me two pics from the new Superman movie with Henry Cavill in costume. Take a look: [img]http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/04/henry-cavill-is-superman/[/img]

In case the images don't view, here is the site: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/04/henry-cavill-is-superman/

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, his Superman looks good... thumbsup At least, he's wearing the right suit. thumbsup Although what's with the muted colors on the suit?

But isn't that Superman's hairstyle on Clark Kent? confused I'd love to see him with the glasses.

Nervous about the scenery surrounding Superman. That wouldn't be some spaceship or mechanical spider, would it? <<shudder>>

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Looks like a vault to me. huh

*sigh* He's no Dean, that's for sure.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
But isn't that Superman's hairstyle on Clark Kent? I'd love to see him with the glasses.
That was what they did with Lois and Clark - gave Superman the slicked-down hair and Clark the relatively curly styling.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
Kerth
No, he's not Dean's equal, DC... frown though Caville's looks do seem more reminescent of Christopher Reeves' (which is good for the traditional Superman... Routh was just sort of a pretty boy they stuck in a costume with high heeled boots... that's not to say i'm bashing pretty boys... it just wasn't my Superman. He made a great spy on Chuck laugh ).

I like the look though! thumbsup It seems more traditional Superman (thank god after so many upheavals in comic book land grovel )

But don't worry so much Virginia- I think that it's not so much muted colors in the suit as it is the filters in the light for the photo (after all, lighting is key to setting the mood of the scene, *and* the more pressing priority is to leave the audiences satisfied but not revealing all- these released shots are just enough to draw people in) wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Nervous about the scenery surrounding Superman. That wouldn't be some spaceship or mechanical spider, would it? <<shudder>>
Looks like a vault to me huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
The Radio Times have also got an article about the film's casting, with the Superman pic and a poll on who's the best Superman on their website, here , if anyone's interested.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Nervous about the scenery surrounding Superman. That wouldn't be some spaceship or mechanical spider, would it? <<shudder>>
Looks like a vault to me huh

Michael [/b]
Deadly Chakram and Michael: Obviously you haven't heard Kevin Smith talking about his version of the script for Superman Lives. rotflol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes, the downfall of every present or future Superman actor. And every potential Hollywood heartthrob. And pretty much every man, ever.

Dean Cain set the bar pretty high. wink

(just one lady's opinion, of course)

Molly
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LNCroxmysox:
Yes, the downfall of every present or future Superman actor. And every potential Hollywood heartthrob. And pretty much every man, ever.

Dean Cain set the bar pretty high. wink

(just one lady's opinion, of course)
That he did. That he certainly did.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
he looks like he's making it work. This better be good

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard