Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: fierysicilian New Superman Movie Pics-Henry Cavill - 08/04/11 12:37 PM
My husband just sent me two pics from the new Superman movie with Henry Cavill in costume. Take a look: [img]http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/04/henry-cavill-is-superman/[/img]

In case the images don't view, here is the site: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/04/henry-cavill-is-superman/
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: New Superman Movie Pics-Henry Cavill - 08/04/11 01:07 PM
Wow, his Superman looks good... thumbsup At least, he's wearing the right suit. thumbsup Although what's with the muted colors on the suit?

But isn't that Superman's hairstyle on Clark Kent? confused I'd love to see him with the glasses.

Nervous about the scenery surrounding Superman. That wouldn't be some spaceship or mechanical spider, would it? <<shudder>>
Looks like a vault to me. huh

*sigh* He's no Dean, that's for sure.
But isn't that Superman's hairstyle on Clark Kent? I'd love to see him with the glasses.
That was what they did with Lois and Clark - gave Superman the slicked-down hair and Clark the relatively curly styling.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: New Superman Movie Pics-Henry Cavill - 08/05/11 05:26 AM
No, he's not Dean's equal, DC... frown though Caville's looks do seem more reminescent of Christopher Reeves' (which is good for the traditional Superman... Routh was just sort of a pretty boy they stuck in a costume with high heeled boots... that's not to say i'm bashing pretty boys... it just wasn't my Superman. He made a great spy on Chuck laugh ).

I like the look though! thumbsup It seems more traditional Superman (thank god after so many upheavals in comic book land grovel )

But don't worry so much Virginia- I think that it's not so much muted colors in the suit as it is the filters in the light for the photo (after all, lighting is key to setting the mood of the scene, *and* the more pressing priority is to leave the audiences satisfied but not revealing all- these released shots are just enough to draw people in) wink
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Nervous about the scenery surrounding Superman. That wouldn't be some spaceship or mechanical spider, would it? <<shudder>>
Looks like a vault to me huh

Michael
The Radio Times have also got an article about the film's casting, with the Superman pic and a poll on who's the best Superman on their website, here , if anyone's interested.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: New Superman Movie Pics-Henry Cavill - 08/05/11 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Nervous about the scenery surrounding Superman. That wouldn't be some spaceship or mechanical spider, would it? <<shudder>>
Looks like a vault to me huh

Michael [/b]
Deadly Chakram and Michael: Obviously you haven't heard Kevin Smith talking about his version of the script for Superman Lives. rotflol
Posted By: LNCroxmysox Re: New Superman Movie Pics-Henry Cavill - 08/05/11 01:05 PM
Yes, the downfall of every present or future Superman actor. And every potential Hollywood heartthrob. And pretty much every man, ever.

Dean Cain set the bar pretty high. wink

(just one lady's opinion, of course)
Originally posted by LNCroxmysox:
Yes, the downfall of every present or future Superman actor. And every potential Hollywood heartthrob. And pretty much every man, ever.

Dean Cain set the bar pretty high. wink

(just one lady's opinion, of course)
That he did. That he certainly did.
Posted By: shimauma Re: New Superman Movie Pics-Henry Cavill - 08/05/11 09:22 PM
he looks like he's making it work. This better be good
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards