Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I've never heard of him, but he certainly looks the part. Glad this movie appears to be getting off the ground finally.

[Linked Image]

New Superman cast

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, he's a Jersey boy! (American joke) Well, he certainly has experience and looks better clean shaven. Henry Cavill
I've got to admit I'd prefer an American,just like James Bond is always British.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He's been terribly cute as Charles Brandon in The Tudors.

There are bound to be some You Tube clips from that show if you want to check him out.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
He's too short. Why can't a studio find someone who's above average height to play Superman.

Since I never saw the Tudors I have no idea as to the fellow's build, though that can be enhanced given time.

Dean had the build for the role but was consistantly criticized for being too short to be Superman.

Tank (who says that the success or failure of this movie will depend on the casting of a different character...do I have to say it)

C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
His height is 185cm.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Too cute
now I wonder who is going to be Lois lane.

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Features Writer
Features Writer
185cm = about 6 feet 1 inch.

Christopher Reeve was 6 feet 4 inches.

malu

Merriwether
Merriwether
With this movie, I'm more interested in the director and screenplay than the actor. As long as it's not someone off-the-wall, I'm fine. (Though I wish people on the movie sites would stop whining "What about Tom Welling?! WAH") A Goyer/Nolan screenplay directed by Zack Snyder should be interesting.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
Just pray that they don't feel that they have to start at the beginning yet again...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Here's an article from today's LA Times on the casting: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011...now-play-superman-batman-and-spider-man/
It's a real British invasion. An now Torchwood will be filmed in LA!
cool
Artemis

Features Writer
Features Writer
so long as he looks muscular. That fae-androgenous pool-boy look sported by Welling and Routh were entirely lacking in masculinity. I guess Dean's manly muscles spoiled me.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Top Banana
Top Banana
What Karen said - the screenplay is hugely important. Also, how the character of Lois Lane is handled and the relationship between Lois and Clark Kent/Superman.

c.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I actually hope they do, Marcus. I've never been a fan of the Silver Age Superman. I was so disappointed when they said the last movie was going to follow the first two. If they can do a modern reboot, I'm all for it.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
What I mean is - everyone knows the Superman story - they don't need to go through the "arrived in a rocket from Krypton, brought up by the Kents" thing yet again. What I want to see is a story that begins with the world already knowing about him, and as much as possible of the background just that - something that we pick up as the plot unfolds, rather than yet another long "rescue Lois and become headline news for the first time" introduction.

Take e.g. James Bond - they don't go through every detail of his life in each film, they just begin with him as James Bond, secret agent with a license to kill, and let the story develop from that.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I haven't followed any of the links in this thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating something already mentioned...

I was reading a text article last night which I thought was interesting. Don't know if it's true though. Apparently, Cavill was once known as 'the unluckiest actor in Hollywood' because he just missed out on the roles of Batman, Bond and was pipped to the role of Superman previously by Routh.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
My hubby is a huge fan of "The Tudors" on HBO so I told him that one of the actors from that series was going to be the next Superman. "He's going to be British?" he asked, then said, "Well they might as well get a Scottish guy," after which he takes the hipfisted superhero stance and said in his best Scottish accent, "THE 'S' IS FOR SCOTLAND!!!"

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Kerth
Kerth
Last thing I read about this movie, Lois Lane is most likely not the female lead. (The female actresses that are considered for the female lead are all blond, and the name of the female lead character is not yet revealed.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't know how good this info is, but apparently Lois will be in it and the other lead female role will be Ursa.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/superman-reboots-villain-revealed-so-what-about-lois-lane/

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ursa was the Kryptonian from the Phantom Zone in the original Chris Reeve Superman movies, so she sounds like a villain. The site was taking too long to load, so I don't know what it says.
Thanks for the info StarKat.
cool
Artemis

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, Henry Cavill has muscles. This is a picture of him from the new movie Immortals as Theseus. This is from Entertainment Weekly. So that part looks promising. He also has the square jaw they are going on about in IMDB.

[Linked Image]

cool
Artemis

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard