Next Thread
Print Thread
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jeanne's been a much valued member of the Archive's editorial staff for a fair number of years now. Towards the end of last year though, she suddenly went MIA and my emails went unanswered. More recently, my emails asking her just to drop me a line and let me know she was doing okay have also elicited no reply.

This silence is most unlike her, so I'm getting quite concerned as to her well-being. So if anyone out there has been in touch with her lately, could you let me know, just to set my mind at ease that she's okay? Thanks.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
You still haven't heard from her, Labby? Please let us know if you do.

ML

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, not a word. I'm becoming seriously concerned as it really isn't like her. The Archive stuff isn't an issue, but I would like to know that she's okay. frown

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Any chance this is her? Or would we even know what she looks like? http://www.facebook.com/jeanne.pare ?
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I honestly don't have a clue, Artemis. Nothing on that page leaps out at me as being uniquely Jeanne - but I really have no idea either way.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Does anyone know if she ever when to any LAFF's? Maybe someone that has gone to a lot of them (say Chris) would know if that is her in the picture on facebook.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi we just had this discussion and no one remembers her coming to a LAff. Anyone know where she is from, it may help to locate her. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've been tracing some clues and putting together some bits and pieces, but I'm none the wiser, sadly.

I know that she lived two hours away from Phil Mogul - but where Phil lived I have no clue. I did discover that the age range is about right on that photo on the Facebook page. But none of that gets us much further forward.

ETA: Scratch that. I suddenly thought to Google Phil for an obit and discovered that he taught at Great Neck South High - which, I gather is in New York?

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Labby,

Phil did live in NY, but when he retired, he and his wife moved to North Carolina- Charlotte, if I'm recalling correctly. I had commented a story he wrote once and he was very appreciative of that feedback. We often emailed one another after that. He talked about a friendship with Jeanne... said that she lived close- Raleigh maybe??? At one time, we had discussed trying to get together.

Don't know if this helps any. I never emailed Jeanne though. Didn't she GE for Jenni Debbage? Does Jenni know anything?

SQD (who is amazed how everyone looks after everyone else around here)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just e-mailed Jenni. She may pop in here. She also might be inundated with e-mails asking about Jeanne smile .
cool
Artemis
echoing SQD's sentiment about looking after each other.
Note:
Jenni just replied to me that Jeanne never GE'd for her stories and she has no idea where she is.
So no luck there.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Not sure if this will help, but Jeanne GE'ed a story for me last year and in some of the emails, her name came up as Jeanne Pare, in others it came up as Jeanne Parietti.

I checked and the email address is the same for both. It also does look like her email address was through her internet provider, so potentially she moved and lost her email so hasn't seen the emails asking if she's okay?

I never interacted with her aside from this one story, so potentially this info was already well known, but in case not...

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
Does anyone know if she ever when to any LAFF's? Maybe someone that has gone to a lot of them (say Chris) would know if that is her in the picture on facebook.

Chris doesn't remember her coming to any LAFF's and has never seen her or a photo of her.

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not sure if this will help, but Jeanne GE'ed a story for me last year and in some of the emails, her name came up as Jeanne Pare, in others it came up as Jeanne Parietti.

I checked and the email address is the same for both. It also does look like her email address was through her internet provider, so potentially she moved and lost her email so hasn't seen the emails asking if she's okay?
Yes, that's right, she did used the two names. I've done some googling on both, but haven't had any luck there.

I would be surprised if she'd just lost her email because I'm sure that if that was the case she'd have mailed by now to let me know. She was always very concientious regarding the Archive and her GE work, so I'm sure she wouldn't have stayed out of touch for so long. But you never know...

I mailed her again recently, but still no response. I suggested that if she was answering my mail but for some reason I wasn't receiving her replies, she could PM me here or even respond on this thread, but nothing.

So I guess unless I hear from her out of the blue in the future or from someone who knows her this one is just going to have to remain a mystery... frown

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
There's only one Jeanne Parietti on whitepages.com, and she lives in North Carolina, which is where you guys are speculating that she lives: http://www.whitepages.com/dir/a-z/parietti/jeanne If you're really worried, it might be worth giving that listing a call. The worst she'll do is think you're a loon smile

I found an obituary here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nctimes/obituary.aspx?n=william-frank-bill&pid=148265909 that lists a Jeanne Parietti as a surviving sister and falls into the time frame when she went dark. Could be another thing worth looking into.

I hope you find her frown

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm delighted to report that I got a wonderful surprise just now when I logged onto my email and found an email from Jeanne in my mailbox.

She'd drifted away from LNC, changed her eddress and had only just become aware that we've been concerned at her absence. She is just fine and somewhat touched by the concern for her wellbeing. She thanks you all.

I'm just delighted to hear that she's okay and that that mystery is finally solved.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for posting that, Labrat. Jeanne was my GE (and a very helpful one!) It's good to know that she's fine. smile

carol

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Glad to know! smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard