Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, that's the one, Malu. That's when I figured out that I'd actually worked with another folc and neither of us knew it at the time. (Michael in case you are wondering.)

What I'd like to know though is how some people posted their pics and they are still there and why others disappeared.

The hooligan behind Beverly is our son James Bartholomew
Did the name come from LnC?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Features Writer
Features Writer
Because when pictures are posted, they are "remotely" stored (not in the Board servers), that is, the picture stays in a different computer/server while being shown in the boards. If you remove the picture or block its address (or if the computer is not online), it won't be available to be shown here.

Actually, that's another problem with posting too many images on a thread: the pictures have to be "downloaded" from where it's being stored, and sometimes that connection might not be as fast as with the computer where these Boards are located.

You can find where the image is stored by either finding the image location or viewing the image properties. It depends on system and browser you are using.

That's why when you post an image, you have to enter the "complete URL" of where it is stored.

Too technical?

malu

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Classicalla:
The hooligan behind Beverly is our son James Bartholomew
Did the name come from LnC?
No. James' name originates somewhere else. Although I did know well before he was born that Jimmy's name was James Bartholomew Olsen.

The funny part is that I have a picture of him where he looks like he really could be Jimmy, red hair and all.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No, not too technical, Malu. So how would I post from my computer? I've used image shack in the past which evidently doesn't work long term.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
For some reason, Bob, I always pictured you as much shorter.

Maybe it's the short, 3-letter name. (Although my husband also has 3 letters in his name and he's 6'5").

Features Writer
Features Writer
That's the problem: finding a storage space that can be longer-term and is very cheap or free.

Looking at the address of some of the images posted on this thread, I can see people have their pictures posted at PhotoBucket and Flickr. I don't use either, so don't know what are the long-term effects.

Anyone care to share their experiences with long-term image storage online?

malu

Merriwether
Merriwether
I have my own domain and webhosting, and installed a Gallery package to showcase all of my pictures. My picture disappeared because I upgraded the software and it changed how it served the pictures. :p

I've never used photobucket or flickr, but I'm guessing that both are fairly long term storage, until they shut their doors. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Features Writer
Features Writer
Just as a quick update (as I did a test yesterday): you can also include images you have posted on your Facebook account. You have to go to the image on the album and "copy the image location". On Firefox, you can do that with a right-click over the image. Or you can "view the image" and get the image location from the address bar.

malu

Top Banana
Top Banana
malu said:
Looking at the address of some of the images posted on this thread, I can see people have their pictures posted at PhotoBucket and Flickr.
I use Flickr because it's free and it was easy to use. I don't know how long it will remain available but that's always the gamble with anything online.

c-mom said:
For some reason, Bob, I always pictured you as much shorter.
Maybe it's the short, 3-letter name. (Although my husband also has 3 letters in his name and he's 6'5").
Well, I'm only 6'4" but I am tall for a physicist/engineer. Would it have helped if I mentioned that I started out in college on a basketball scholarship?

I would still love to see what some of the rest of you look like. However, I understand that we all have different concerns about privacy.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard