Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: stephnachia What do Folcs look like? - 03/18/10 02:55 PM
So we've done this before but I thought we could do it again. Ever wonder what the person you're chatting with looks like? Post a pic here if you want! Sorry I couldn't get my 2nd pic to shrink.

[Linked Image]

Me and hubby

[Linked Image]

Our first family pic
Posted By: Shadow Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/18/10 09:44 PM
Aw, I love your family photo, Steph!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Heh, I was doing some ridiculous pose in most of the pics I found...but the top one was some normalcy. :p
Jen
Posted By: stephnachia Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/19/10 06:57 AM
Thank Jen! Where are you in the 1st pic? It's beautiful!
Posted By: Shadow Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/19/10 12:26 PM
I went with a couple of friends to the New England Aquarium in Boston, MA, and the harbor was right outside! That was a really happenin' place.

Jen
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/19/10 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Shadow:
I went with a couple of friends to the New England Aquarium in Boston, MA, and the harbor was right outside! That was a really happenin' place.

Jen
I went on a whale watching trip from there when I was last in the USA in 2001. It really was beautiful.
Posted By: bobbart Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/19/10 07:40 PM
Well, here goes:
[Linked Image]

Obviously I'm a sedate and stoic person.

If you look at the name tag I'm wearing, you'll see that I'm the tall one.

The less tall person is The Fabulous Beverly.

Bob
Posted By: TOC Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/19/10 11:30 PM
Great photos, everyone! thumbsup Unfortunately I'm not going to post one. I had enough trouble doing that the last time we posted pictures of ourselves, and I haven't gotten better at it. Plus, I haven't gotten more beautiful.

Bob, does your name tag say that your last name is Bartholemew? So your name is Bob Bartholemew? And your son's name is James Bartholemew?

Wow! No wonder you like Jimmy Olsen! wink

Ann
Posted By: bobbart Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/20/10 12:24 AM
Bob, does your name tag say that your last name is Bartholemew? So your name is Bob Bartholemew? And your son's name is James Bartholemew?
Actually, I can't write very clearly. It's Bartholomew. So my son's name is James Bartholomew (not Olsen) but the spelling is the same as James Bartholomew Olsen in the Superman universe.

Now, that said, after the other thread about disposable characters, I've been toying with ideas where (with apologies to my son) neither Jimmy nor Bill Henderson see the end of the story. devil

Bob
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/20/10 09:43 AM
[Linked Image]
me on the right. with my best friend
[Linked Image] and my boys
Posted By: TOC Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/20/10 10:50 PM
I have commented before, but I need to say again that you all look great. And Steph's little baby is adorable, and Lovesuper's boys look so sweet.

Ann
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/21/10 10:57 AM
thank you toc. no pics of hubby yet trying to get him still lol
Posted By: Tank Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/30/10 05:55 PM
Normally I wouldn't participate in a thread like this because I think there is something to the mystery of not knowing what the other folcs look like. There is a fun aspect to having a mental picture that you equate with the 'name' you see on the boards.

I seriously doubt many people actually look like the mental picture that we create for them. Or even the likelihood that the mental pictures from folc to folc would even be close.

That said, my buddy has begun to create a website for our current band and he stuck a picture on it. You can view the work in progress site at www.thebluerosesband.com

The real reason I mention it here is because the more hits the site takes the further up the google priority line one goes.

Tank (who will not say which of the three indivduals is Tank... the gentle readers will have to guess)
Posted By: TOC Re: What do Folcs look like? - 03/30/10 09:00 PM
It's you in the middle, right?

No, frankly, a little elf whispered in my ear that you're sporting a guitar... laugh

(I like the blue rose, by the way!)

Ann
Posted By: Artemis Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/08/10 06:12 PM
I figured Tank was the guy with the hat since the hair was shorter! Does the gal in the middle know you might come after her with shears?
rotflol rotflol shock
Artemis
Posted By: Nan Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/14/10 01:51 PM
[Linked Image]

This is me, about a year or so ago. My hubby was testing his new camera. Now you know what the old lady who writes all that LnC fic looks like and I've ruined my image <g>.

Nan
Posted By: Meadowrose Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/14/10 09:18 PM
I'm looking forward to many more wonderful stories from you Nan.
Posted By: Classicalla Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/19/10 10:58 PM
Aww... Look how much fun! Bob, I totally pictured you differently.
Posted By: Classicalla Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/19/10 11:08 PM
And, hey, I'm trying to find the other threads with pics but can't find them. Maybe someone else will have better luck?
Posted By: bobbart Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/20/10 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Aww... Look how much fun! Bob, I totally pictured you differently.
I have to smile at this. My reaction was both ridiculous and predictable.
My first thought was, "I look like me. How could anyone picture me differently?" lol

So, how about this one: [Linked Image]
This is a little more recent from our trip to Yellowstone last summer. The hooligan behind Beverly is our son James Bartholomew (not Olsen)

Bob
Posted By: malu Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/20/10 09:01 PM
Classicala,

This is the link you were looking for (I think). It was first posted way back in 2007. Hey, people change in 3 years... I know I have quite a few extra white hairs...

Sorry, won't post my own picture. People say I resemble (a little) this cartoon strip character (the one in red), especially in front of a computer. Add glasses...

[Linked Image]

laugh

malu
Posted By: Classicalla Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/20/10 10:07 PM
Yep, that's the one, Malu. That's when I figured out that I'd actually worked with another folc and neither of us knew it at the time. (Michael in case you are wondering.)

What I'd like to know though is how some people posted their pics and they are still there and why others disappeared.

The hooligan behind Beverly is our son James Bartholomew
Did the name come from LnC?
Posted By: malu Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/20/10 10:36 PM
Because when pictures are posted, they are "remotely" stored (not in the Board servers), that is, the picture stays in a different computer/server while being shown in the boards. If you remove the picture or block its address (or if the computer is not online), it won't be available to be shown here.

Actually, that's another problem with posting too many images on a thread: the pictures have to be "downloaded" from where it's being stored, and sometimes that connection might not be as fast as with the computer where these Boards are located.

You can find where the image is stored by either finding the image location or viewing the image properties. It depends on system and browser you are using.

That's why when you post an image, you have to enter the "complete URL" of where it is stored.

Too technical?

malu
Posted By: bobbart Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/21/10 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Classicalla:
The hooligan behind Beverly is our son James Bartholomew
Did the name come from LnC?
No. James' name originates somewhere else. Although I did know well before he was born that Jimmy's name was James Bartholomew Olsen.

The funny part is that I have a picture of him where he looks like he really could be Jimmy, red hair and all.

Bob
Posted By: Classicalla Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/21/10 07:07 PM
No, not too technical, Malu. So how would I post from my computer? I've used image shack in the past which evidently doesn't work long term.
Posted By: cookiesmom Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/21/10 07:39 PM
For some reason, Bob, I always pictured you as much shorter.

Maybe it's the short, 3-letter name. (Although my husband also has 3 letters in his name and he's 6'5").
Posted By: malu Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/21/10 08:52 PM
That's the problem: finding a storage space that can be longer-term and is very cheap or free.

Looking at the address of some of the images posted on this thread, I can see people have their pictures posted at PhotoBucket and Flickr. I don't use either, so don't know what are the long-term effects.

Anyone care to share their experiences with long-term image storage online?

malu
Posted By: Karen Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/22/10 07:18 AM
I have my own domain and webhosting, and installed a Gallery package to showcase all of my pictures. My picture disappeared because I upgraded the software and it changed how it served the pictures. :p

I've never used photobucket or flickr, but I'm guessing that both are fairly long term storage, until they shut their doors. laugh
Posted By: malu Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/22/10 04:06 PM
Just as a quick update (as I did a test yesterday): you can also include images you have posted on your Facebook account. You have to go to the image on the album and "copy the image location". On Firefox, you can do that with a right-click over the image. Or you can "view the image" and get the image location from the address bar.

malu
Posted By: bobbart Re: What do Folcs look like? - 04/23/10 11:51 AM
malu said:
Looking at the address of some of the images posted on this thread, I can see people have their pictures posted at PhotoBucket and Flickr.
I use Flickr because it's free and it was easy to use. I don't know how long it will remain available but that's always the gamble with anything online.

c-mom said:
For some reason, Bob, I always pictured you as much shorter.
Maybe it's the short, 3-letter name. (Although my husband also has 3 letters in his name and he's 6'5").
Well, I'm only 6'4" but I am tall for a physicist/engineer. Would it have helped if I mentioned that I started out in college on a basketball scholarship?

I would still love to see what some of the rest of you look like. However, I understand that we all have different concerns about privacy.

Bob
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards