Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#221111 05/16/09 12:14 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I was so wanting to see this movie and than I did the dumb thing or maybe smart in this case thing of typing in terminator salvation spoilers thinking they might give something about the movie away but instead I found a rumor that most people are saying is true on how the movie ends.

Now it this rumor is true I don't want to see the movie because it would ruin the hold Terminator saga for me.

So when this movie comes out I was hoping if anyone see it they could email me and let me know if they end does indeed following what the links below says:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36947

All anyone would have to do is go to the link above and if the movie did end this way just reply with Yes that's the end.
to my email Jeditheskyisblue@yahoo.com

Thanks to anyone who takes the time and does this for me. I know the movie doesn't come out until next week.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
#221112 05/16/09 12:38 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Doubt it matters - if there's anything that the Terminator saga teaches us, it's that any universe that allows time travel to work is going to have dozens of different histories; some of them may be really strange, but as soon as you have time machines at all history is about as stable as a very wobbly jelly; there's always another time line comes along the next time someone wants to relaunch the franchise.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#221113 05/18/09 07:14 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Holy crap! They wouldn't dare.

What am I saying, it's Hollywood, of course they would dare. I have the book at home. It's a bit down on my reading list, but I may have to thumb to the back of it just to see if this does happen so I'll know whether or not to even bother.

Of course, if the "Superman Returns" book is any means to measure something against then what happens in the book may not necessarily be what happens in the movie.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
#221114 05/20/09 09:37 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I finally skipped to the last few pages of the book. I see no reference to that happening, but again I must caution the "Superman Returns" book didn't mention that the kid was Clark's either.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
#221115 05/21/09 03:05 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for you're replies if you guys end up seeing the movie please let me know if the rumor is true.

#221116 05/21/09 10:31 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
That is just plain awful and would ruin the whole thing for me. I hope it's not true. That's about as bad as the rumors of the Superman remake where Lex Luthor and Clark were both Kryptonians who had no native powers but were super due to their Kryptonian suits. I'd much rather have Superman Returns than that plot line.

Sadly it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Hollywood is intent on remaking everything. As a very current example of Star Trek shows...

SPOILER

Star Trek just invalidated four of their series and ten of their movies with only Star Trek: Enterprise as the only one that remains canon. With history changed, nothing that happened in any of the other series can be counted on to be accurate anymore.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#221117 05/21/09 10:43 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I know with Star Trek I was like you can't destory Valcun what about all those other ST series. But I did like how they said it was a different reality now so that the old stuff still does get to happen just not in there reality.

#221118 05/21/09 05:29 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I agree with your feelings about T4. That's terrible, and if that rumor/spoiler is real, I have no desire to watch the movie, either.

Re the latest Star Trek movie, it didn't invalidate any of the series because Spock Prime made it very clear at the end that

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

the intrusion of the 2 ships through that lightning storm created an alternate timeline, so we weren't watching the characters from "our" future, but ones from an alternate future in which Kirk's father was killed immediately after his birth. So, essentially, it would be like our watching the adventures of the alt-Clark instead of those of our L&C. Nothing that happens in that alt-reality affects what happens in "our" reality.

E

N

D

O

F

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Since we're dealing with time travel, you could view it as another possible future. I watched T3, but I have to tell you, I don't believe it. In my little world, the sacrifices made by the ones who were sent back to stop the Terminators in T1 and T2 prevented that future from ever occurring. That nuclear war never happened, so no Terminators were eventually developed. Our heroes saved the world. I just washed T3 out of my head as one of Sarah's nightmares. wink

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#221119 05/22/09 08:12 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I kind of liked T3 even though the entire movie was a futile attempt to prevent Skynet from causing the holocaust. It was a nice twist at the end where they were directed into a bunker, guaranteeing that John Connor would survive to lead the resistance. On the efforts of those who died trying to prevent the holocaust, they weren't entirely unsuccessful. While their goal was to prevent Skynet from taking over, they also had a second goal of saving John. In that, their efforts were quite successful.

Now if that T4 rumor is true, that's spitting in the face of those characters. In any event, I don't think I'll watch it, if at all, until it comes to cable.

Sorry to hijack this thread further but...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

On the Star Trek re-imaging, J.J. Abrams has basically said that this revision has freed them from the constraints of the old series and that they are now able to do just about anything with the original series characters. Given the success of this Star Trek movie, it looks like a sequel is inevitable and will likely include these new Kirk-era characters. If that is indeed the case, the rest of the Trek universe is essentially moot and the movies will move forward, making the alternative timeline the new current timeline. That doesn't preclude them from using the original universe in the future but that doesn't look likely any time soon. And once they are more set in the current alt-universe, it becomes less and less likely we'll ever see a movie or series based in the original timeline. That would be tragic, IMO.

That's basically like changing L&C into the "Adventures of Alt-Clark" and then creating a sequel called "The Further Adventures of Alt-Clark."

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#221120 05/22/09 10:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I did like the new star trek but I didn't think of them prehaps never using the old time line again that would make me sad because I've really grew up on TNG and the others series.

#221121 05/22/09 11:32 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Following Roger completely off the T1-T4 discussion:
That's basically like changing L&C into the "Adventures of Alt-Clark" and then creating a sequel called "The Further Adventures of Alt-Clark."
I suppose you could see it that way, Roger. On the other hand, I sort of see it as like most of the fanfic about L&C. Very few fanfic writers write within canon, so almost every story in the archives is a variant of the original series, like the latest ST movie is a variant of ST: TOS. Since no more episodes of the original series are being made, I'd rather have all this variant fanfic than nothing at all, even though I am one of the ones who would rather see nothing but stories in canon--either ones that could fit between eps or ones that follow the series.

I really feel that the fanfic relationship to L&C is the same thing as this new Trek to the previous series/movies. However, since none of the L&C fic replaces the original series for me, I assume that none of the new Trek movies will replace the original Trek universe for those to whom it matters.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#221122 05/22/09 04:24 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I looked Terminator Salvation up on Wiki and they've stated there a completley different ending. I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone so I won't say what is posted there but if you're wonder just type in Terminator Salvation and click on Wiki and see the plot of the whole movie.

#221123 05/23/09 03:55 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
The rumor isn't true seen the movie today. I'm not really sure if I liked it or not. I was just so happy that it didn't end the way the rumor said instead it followed what Wiki had about the plot.

#221124 05/24/09 09:32 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ditto. I just got back from seeing the movie, and checked the so-called rumor (since I refused to read it before hand). Put your minds at east, this spoiler is NOT TRUE. Silly people trying to scare the masses... *shakes head*

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard