Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Top Banana
Top Banana
1. What does your board name mean?
It used to be my nickname at school, but I upper-cased some letters to reflect the initials of my full name... sort of.

2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place?
Currently (since 10 months) - Dublin, Ireland. I love the sun... whenever it deigns to shine.

3. When did you start watching L&C?
1995: Man of Steel Bars. I was living in a country where some scenes (one or two episodes even ) were censored. I didn't see the series in its entirety until some years ago and they had reruns on TNT, I think.

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference:
I enjoyed them all, but my episode rewatching preference is: Season 2 -> Season 1 -> Season 3 -> Season 4

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss?
None

6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality?
I firmly believe in takeouts and restaurants.

7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck?
Don't really have one, but maybe my alma mater football team?

8. What is something you never leave the house without?
House keys... Otherwise I'll be locked out.

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to?
I think it was Sara Kraft.

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A historian

11. What is something you collect?
Books and Keychains

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll?
Yep

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
OOOOooooo, a poll. I love polls... and your alfredo.

1. What does your board name mean? Long story. But it involves my dad telling me disturbing stories as a child. I find them funny but other people could be offended. PM me if you're super curious.
2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place? Houston, TX - It's TX, which is the best state ever. We're super conservative, have the rodeo, Astros, and surprisingly, not bad traffic compared to some other places I've been.
3. When did you start watching L&C? Hmm...sometime in HS but I think LnC was already off the air. Maybe '99.
4. Rank the seasons in order of preference: 2,3,4,1
5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss? The Office, though I don't usually catch it on tv and have to catch up via the Internet.
6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality? Hamburger Helper - Cheesy Enchilada
7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck? Houston Astros
8. What is something you never leave the house without? What?! Me?! Leave the house? I wouldn't think of it! /says the pregnant lady on bedrest
9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to? Tough One. I think Teej. Though Jenn came shortly afterwards.
10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Honestly, I can't remember ever wanting to be anything. I'm not very ambitious. LOL. I probably wanted to be Princess Leia or something like that.
11. What is something you collect? I used to collect little glass figures of cats (very kitsch). Now, I don't really collect anything.
12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll? Absolutely!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Sue S.:
Hey now, don't be knockin' Pittsburgh!
Well, I've heard about something called "the Pittsburgh toilet" (toilets installed right in the middle of the basements of many Pittsburgh houses, no walls around them or anything)
It's not "right in the middle" of the basement. At least, not the two I've seen. They were against the wall, kind of tucked in the corner along with a shower and a sink. Like dawebb said, they were actually a practical idea since the basement/cellar portion of a house in hilly Pittsburgh will usually have its own entrance from the outside. So the millworkers/miners could come home, go inside and get cleaned up before going upstairs. They certainly weren't/aren't the only toilet in the house!

As to the party connotation, well, let's just say that the ones I've seen were both located in homes being occupied by college students. laugh
My grandfather had one of those in the corner of one room of the basement in his house in Ohio (about 3 hours from Pitt). And that's exactly what he used it for. He worked at a plastics plant, and he'd go in the side door and directly down to the basement to get cleaned before coming back upstairs.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A

It's an operatic solo. I love music and thought it was metaphorically similar to writing fanfic.

I just moved to San Diego last month. I love the weather.

Just before the 2nd season started.

3 2 4 1

Grey's Anatomy

Anything that can go in the microwave smile

I don't watch sports.

My iPhone.

Tobias, a German fan. He needed help understanding some of the more colloquial phrases used on the message boards. We used to e-mail each other every day, but I've long since lost track of him.

I wanted to own a horse farm.

Music!

Yes ;p

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My name, Lisamaree. I'm from New Zealand... so.. I'm a kiwi (that's a BIRD, not a fruit!)... and well... for some reason people seem to call me Evil a lot...

Hong Kong (although for the last 15 years of my life I was in Sydney, Australia, and before that New Zealand). I love the food here... the dim sum are to die for. The chinese roast goose... the fried rice... the fried rice noodles, the street stall foods... *starts drooling*

Um... probably some time in 1995... all I remember is that I was in Sydney and my (now) husband and I used to watch it every week. Then we watched the re-runs on Foxtel!!

2, 1, 3, 4 ... but there are stand out eps in every season

The Amazing Race, America's Next Top Model, Hells Kitchen

I guess my specialty is desserts like chocolate mousse, and I love to bake and decorate cakes and cupcakes... but I'll cook anything.. I love to cook.

My blood runs black when it comes to sports... I support the All Blacks, New Zealand's national rugby union team. Always have, always will. Give me a good ruck and maul any day. *raar*

My octopus card. You can't get around HK easily without one. It's a money loaded smart card you use on public transport, in the grocery store... you can even use it in Starbucks and Mcdonalds!

Um... it would have been on #lanekent... so maybe lorilane? Not entirely sure...

I wanted to fly... NOT like Superman.. I wanted to be a pilot.. or fighter pilot... I have a thing for planes...

Dragons

Uh... yes?

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Initials for my first and middle names

About 30 miles south of Atlanta, Georgia. I moved here from the San Francisco area (which I miss desperately), so I'm still working on loving it here. I do like 4 of the 5 seasons... Fall, and Spring are wonderful, Summer and Winter aren't bad, but I could do without the two months of "hotter than hell".

Late 2006, I think, when a FoLC introduced me to the show. I watched all four seasons on DVD.

There are things I like about all the seasons and it depends on my mood. Right now I'd have to say S2, S1, S4, S3 (blame it on the Argh!)

Doctor Who. Although with the imminent departure of the 10th Doctor, that may not last past the next 3 specials.
grumble

I love to cook (mostly because I love to eat)! My current kick is Japanese food: Nabemono, tonkatsu, tempura, lamb curry with rice or udon, and homemade tsukimono (my favorite is red cabbage pickled in rice vinegar). I also have great recipes for Minestrone and Borscht, lasagna, ginger-pork fried rice and pasta salad.

If I have to pick a specialty, though, then I'd have to say baked goods. I've had compliments on my scones, cobblers, brownies and pies.

I don't really follow sports, but I do enjoy watching every once in a while. I usually root for the underdog (if there is one).

Depends. If traveling by car, then my wallet/drivers license.

Kathy Brown

Wealthy. Oh, did you mean which career? A teacher, an accountant, a mom, a professional student, an illustrator/author of children's books

When I was a kid, I collected unicorns (not the real kind) and books. Now, the only thing I collect are my son's art projects and school papers.

Absolutely!

Columnist
Columnist

It's easy. Jenni, part of my first name and Debb, part of my surname.

I live in Dundee, Scotland. One thing I'm not too fond of is our weather. Apart from that, Dundee is on the coast, but also close to the Highlands of Scotland, so I have the best of both worlds when I want to go for a drive. I do love our scenery. Also, I am enthralled with Scotland's history and enjoy visiting castles and even more ancient sites.

I watched it from when the pilot aired in the UK, though didn't become totally hooked until the second season. Thankfully, Sky 1 showed all four seasons, and without the sweeping cuts which the BBC decided were necessary. Some silly women complained it was too racy for a family show after Virtually Destroyed was aired.

3, 4, 2, 1. Though I have favourite episodes in each season.

Not sure there are any shows around which I cannot miss. I do like Doctor Who, and will copy each episode in case I'm elsewhere. I do like the US show Life, but mainly because I've been a bit of a fan of the UK actor for a few years. He reminds me of one of my cousins. I also watch Supernatural, though I feel that's a guilty pleasure.

I'm not a great or imaginative cook. I can manage plain meals like roast chicken or roast beef, but I cook for necessity, not enjoyment.

I have supported Scotland's rugby team for many years, but the glory days are gone. The current team sucks, but I do keep hoping.

The other sport I and my husband follow faithfully on TV is Formula One motor racing. Is that a Scottish thing? I notice LabRat mentioned it, though my hero is from an earlier era of the sport - Sir Jackie Stewart, and that's not for his good looks!

I'm not sure I have anything in particular. Probably my purse ... the UK meaning of the word. I know the current trend is toward plastic, but I just hate to be without some real money.

Another Scottish folc named JacMac. I went onto IRC thinking I would be talking to people from far off parts of the world, and the first person I met told me I wouldn't know where she came from because it was a very small, obscure village in Fife. I couldn't help but laugh because it's only a few miles away from where I live.

I would have liked to have been a drama teacher, but when I was young you had to pay to go to the Royal School of Dramatic Art, and my family just didn't have that kind of money.

Probably books. I do have a clear out every so often, but there are many I just can't part with.

Lol. Not sure I was bored before I started.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
1. What does your board name mean? It's the first half of my first name with an e added on, and my middle initial spelled out
2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place? I live near Loch Lomond, Scotland and I love the scenery
3. When did you start watching L&C? Only about 5 or 6 years ago
4. Rank the seasons in order of preference: 2, 1, 3, 4
5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss? None, really...I'll watch every episode of Stargate Universe when it starts though
6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality? Spaghetti Bolognese
7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck? The Scottish Football (Soccer) team!
8. What is something you never leave the house without? My phone
9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to? I have no idea
10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? An athlete, a writer or an actress
11. What is something you collect? Star Trek memorabilia and merchandise
12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll? A little smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
1. What does your board name mean? - Smiley was my nickname years ago when I worked as a waitress. I was very shy but smiled a lot so as not to seem unfriendly! The name stuck for years after I gained confidence mainly because there were two Emmas and it was easier for me to be known as 'Smiley'. There a lot a lot worse nicknames!

2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place? I live in a village near Grantham in Lincolnshire, England. Hmm, what do I love? My village is pretty but Grantham is really quite dull. Its claim to fame is Margaret Thatcher was born there and I went to the same school as her, though about 50/60 years later.

3. When did you start watching L&C? I watched it from the beginning but 'Tempus Fugitive' had me really hooked, it was from then on that it was completely unmissable for me. That ep just had such an effect on me, I couldn't get enough of the fact Lois had been allowed in on the secret, even if it was only temporarily, and it was so incredibly well done.

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference: Hmm 2,3,4,1? I don't know, there's so little between them I change my mind a lot.

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss? Desperate Housewives and Home and Away (Aussie Soap). For a soap it is very well acted and written, I've been hooked for years.

6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality? I can't really cook many meals, but I bake good cakes and muffins.

7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck? The England Football (Soccer) team.

8. What is something you never leave the house without? My favourite lipstick, my phone.

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to? I've never talked to any Folcs from the boards but after 'Tempus Fugitive' my best friend from school and I were obssessed by the show for years. We had our own little Folcdom going on. Neither of us had the internet when the show was airing, we missed out on so much. We're still in touch but she's long since moved on. My love for the show and loyalty remains, I can't imagine anything ever replacing it.

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? An actress/singer, or a reporter!

11. What is something you collect? Nothing really, I'm a shopaholic but don't collect anything in particular.

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll? Yes!

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I have my very own Clark Kent (a farmboy) and he thinks of me as a Little Tornado. He also thinks of me as a "Breakfast Elephant" because I eat a lot but I am tiny, go figure. He just likes the sounds of the words I suppose. But yeah it made more sense to use The Little Tornado than Breakfast Elephant.

I currently live in Fremantle in Western Australia. What I love about it is that it's a city really but everyone knows everyone else as if it was a country town. I have lived in central Freo for a long time now and you get to know the people who run the businesses and who work here. People feel personal ties here due to family history or it being the place they have run their small business from. It's a hotspot on the weekends for nightclubs and things like that but it is also bohemian and full of artistic creative people and music. It's a political centre. It was the port town for the Western Australian colony and state and still is and out of the dockworker's movement came the Labour Party. The Labour Party has a stronghold in Freo and is currently the party in power in Federal Government in Australia. Freo is the place where such movements get started and is a safe place to be for anyone different in any way. I haven't found people who are more accepting of difference anywhere else in Australia including the supposedly more multicultural and cosmopolitan cities like Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. Apologies to anyone from those places, I mean no offense, but when I have been there it feels as if difference is only accepted if you are a) part of a clique or b) if being a different in a particular way is the fad of the moment.

It was aired in Sri Lanka in the 90's but I never got to watch it having had to be at my dancing classes instead. I was aware of it and I read fanfic for ages and lurked before I got the DVDs in about 2005/2006/2007 and started watching. I knew I hated Season Three and Four. I knew that in my gut somehow.

Hmmm... Season 1 - just fun writing and the cutest Jimmy Olsen ever! Then Season 2 which was less wonderful cos they took away Jimmy and some of the situations were clearly contrived but there was still some good writing. Seasons 3 and 4 I am not sure I even want to rank really because I really don't think they should have gotten together so fast. I know that in the time of the show it was supposed to be two to three years but that was never made that clear to the viewers (the idea that a lot of time had passed). I always felt that they finished one story and mystery one week and the next week was the next episode which meant that about three seasons would have to go past before they got halfway through one year.

I actually don't watch TV anymore. A lot of it is rubbish and all the good stuff seems to be on cable which I can't afford. I have heard rave reviews of Heroes but I have yet to see it. And I am bit nostalgic for what we had in the 90s. So I am at a loss as to a TV show. There is nothing I watch religiously. I'd say if TIME TEAM (Archaeology show), ANTIQUES ROADSHOW (new episode please) or MICHAEL PARKINSON was on, I'd watch those. I used to watch the new DR. WHO but I have gone off that as well now given that they just don't make the episodes that fun anymore though David Tennant is still droolworthy.

I suppose it would be salads, curries, anything really. My best dish? It depends. There's a wicked chickpea salad, dahl curry, fish curry, chilli con carne, paella, I do wicked pastas and sauces, roast chicken, grilled fish, bruschetta, butter cake ... if you turn up at my place, you will be fed.

Much like my politics, I have stopped rooting for teams, I try to support players now. Daniel Vettori, current New Zealand cricket captain is my fave since he has a pharmacology degree and wears glasses on the field. He is a Clark Kent, he conducts himself well unlike Ricky Ponting who heads the Australian team. Glenn McGrath, Adam Gilchrist, Steve Waugh have all retired now.

My Aus and SL passports. They are my main forms of ID and my only legal ID in SL. So I have brought the habit over here in Aus though my Clark Kent boyfriend worries that I might lose them if I keep carrying them around.

Talking to? Probably Lady Mirth aka Hasini because I found out she's an SL girl too. We actually met up in 2007. That being said TOC and Darth Michael always put a smile on my face and Mona was the first to ask me to cowrite.

I didn't have a clue. Honestly, I didn't. I often wished I knew so I could make the right decisions regarding degrees and so on. People said I'd be a writer. And voila! What am I doing now? I am a freelance editor and writer! Go figure.

Postcards. The free ones that are colourful and used to advertise something. They are free and they are going to be valuable someday as ephemera. Another thing I would love to collect is Wedgewood glass from the 1970s specifically by a particular designer. I have one paperweight piece of his - a little orange bird and I would love to have more but I fear they are all in the UK and out of my price range. I keep saying that the bird is my nest egg for any future kids' college fees. By that time it should surely be worth something though I'd hate to sell it for any reason.

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll? More hungry, less bored, more anxious that I need to go to the nearest train station now (it's almost midnight and that's where the nearest snack machine is) and get a bar of chocolate. also very sick with the 'flu.

Cheers,

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

In Portugal, nina is a short, affectionate term for "menina" (girl). I like it so I added the six (my lucky number) and voilá! Instant nickname! laugh

I live in Coimbra, Portugal - the so called city of students since our University is one of the oldest in Europe. After some thinking I came to the weird conclusion that what I love the most about Coimbra are its two train stations - they allow me to make a quick escape to virtually anywhere in my (small) country.

When it first aired in Portugal. I think it was 1994.

1, 2, 4, 3

Haven't watched that much tv lately. But I usually watch reruns of Charmed and The Daily Show when I happen to catch them while channel surfing. Does that count?

I'm too lazy and very unskilled when it comes to cooking. The only thing I can fairly concoct is macaroni and cheese. Still, my family refuses to taste it - I wonder why?

My hometown soccer team: Académica, also known as Mancha Negra or Black Spot (their sports equipment is black)

Keys. I've learnt my lesson after locking myself out on at least two occasions while there was no one else in the house... If anything else it's boring waiting for hours until someone lets you in and it's also embarrassing when all your neighbours see you outside and ask you what happened.

Elisabeth. She was my BR for the only story I ever dared to submit to the mbs. I'm veeery shy and she kindly offered to help me. I don't think she knew what she was getting herself into though... I didn't have internet at home, so I had to use public spaces with the worst connections possible (constantly failing and painfully slow). Ergo, I only mailed her about once a week and never knew what to write to make my mails sound less boring. blush I'm very thankful to her for her patience and kindness and also very sorry for what I've put her through on that summer smile

A writer, a journalist, an architecht, a policewoman, a black belt in karate, an x-men, sailor mars (from the anime sailormoon), a spy... and many other exciting things (must be why I'm *still* in college)

Postcards

I think so smile

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Merriwether
Merriwether
It's a takeoff on my last name.
See EditorJax's answer. Really, I love all the greenery, and the moderate climate.
2005. My sister, Doranwen, got a DVD collection of the series, and I watched them semi-marathon style.
4. Rank the seasons in order of preference: 1, 2, 4, 3.
I don't know if this counts, but I'm watching the NBA Finals right now.
Milkshakes.
Cincinatti Reds, Seattle Seahawks, and the Mariners, too, I suppose.
Cell Phone and Wallet.
My sister. But on the boards, I don't know. I remember talking the most with Sue, DJ, Lara, Mellie, etc.
I don't really know if I had career dreams.
Dust? Jokes, I guess.
Slightly.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Okay, I hadn't been around for a long while, so maybe I should do this.

Pretty self-explanatory, isn't it? :p There was already another Anna B. on the boards, with another nickname, but still - I didn't wanna steal her name. blush

I live in a suburb of Athens, and I love the fact that it's part of a big city and all its comforts, and at the same time far enough from the center to be quiet and peaceful.

When I was 14 - in 2002.

1, 2, 3, 4.

House M.D.!

I don't really cook much laugh But I make excellent fried eggs!

Olympiakos Peiraeus! And they don't suck. Ever. OKAY?

My watch. I don't ever take it off at all, actually, except when taking a bath.

Raquel aka. Quel Lane. She found me from a post of mine of IMDB.

A French teacher or a computer programmer, and a writer to boot. I went through many phases though, and ended up somewhere I hadn't even really imagined until then.

...Experiences! *is being deep* But I don't really collect anything else, so...

I wasn't bored to begin with, to be honest. laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

When I was younger I had training in classical piano. I still love the piano and classical music. I also consider myself a classy and classical kind of lady. Also, I used to be very paranoid about posting my real name on the web, but I’ve since found out that if anyone truly wants to know who you are they can find out.

I live in northeastern Kentucky. And as Catherine said, “I live with my mommy.” I moved back in with my mom after my dad died because she was lonely and begged and had never ever been alone. She got married when she was barely 17 and mom and dad were married for 50 years. And since I wasn’t in a relationship I figured I might as well. I love her dearly, but it’s really “fun” sometimes, and I do mean that ironically. I love it here because I have lots of family here. But if I had my “druthers”, I’d be some place in the Rockies, traveling all the time, or at least somewhere where I could get a pizza delivered. smile Interesting tidbit: Although I live in Kentucky, I work in West Virginia and drive through Ohio to get there, and it only takes me an hour.

I was ready and raring for the first episode and that’s when I started watching. I’d heard about the series long before it was advertised on TV because I was big into Superman comics then. I’ve been a Superman fan since I was four. I was a little peeved because they had chosen a brown eyed actor to play Superman, but Dean won me over in the first ep.

Umm.... I guess I’d have to say 1, 2 or 4, 4 or 2, and 3. And I’m still mad because I can’t choose a 5, 6, 7, or 8...

Survivor... and Smallville, which can cause quite a conundrum as they come on at the same time and I work 3-11 shift that day. One of my VCR’s is exceedingly complicated (And I’m pretty good with this kind of stuff.) to work so therefore I usually pick one show. If Lois is on Smallville I record that one. If not, then I record Survivor. But Smallville kind of went down hill for me with that whole “Lana absorbing the kryptonite so she can’t ever be with Clark again” thing. Clark is supposed to be with Lois, and that whole thing just puts Lois in second place. Eek.

I make a mean lasagna, a great guacamole dip, and tantalizing tostones. I learned to make the tostones in Puerto Rico.

Uhh... Sports? Uhh.... Is flying like Superman a sport?

Hopefully, my keys.

Hmm... That’s hard to answer. I lurked for many, many years and after having read other folks’ answers, I realized that I lurked even longer than I thought I had. Ann (TOC) was the first person I talked to on this board. I was registered on the “old” board but never posted anything or talked to anyone. Otherwise, through email, it was either Nan Smith or Becky Bain - or maybe Anne Ciotola or Pam Jernigan. I’ve actually spoken to Lara Joelle Kent and bakasi, and I’ve met one FoLC but I didn’t know it until the last year or so when he posted his picture on the board. We worked together but never spoke as FoLC’s.

Superman (a female version); Batgirl; a doctor or a nurse; an army officer; a mom and housewife; an artist; a writer; a professional singer / star; a ballerina; a classical / professional pianist with clarinet, flute, guitar and singing on the side; and... and... I had “big” plans.

“We” collect “many” things. laugh (Sorry, I sometimes can resist the psych jokes.) I don’t think I collect much of anything now except maybe fancy notebooks and pens. In the past, I’ve collected comics, Superman stuff, Star Trek stuff, and baskets (especially Longaberger).

Yes. The biggest entertainment was reading what everyone else said!

~~

(Posted by Editor Jax.)
1. What does your board name mean? I'm an editor (and here everyone thought I was just evil for a living) and jax is a play on my maiden name.
Really? What do you edit?

~~

(Posted by Shadow)
Watches. I'm ridiculously frugal to the point of crazy...until you let me loose in a Swatch or a Fossil shop.
Hahaha!! I have about 40. I guess I collect those, too.

~~

(Posted by Bethy.)
2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place? I live in an apartment with no doors and the walls don't go to the ceiling. One thing I love about it: The mirror wall. Sounds tacky, but really isn't. Other thing I love: My roommate...who is ditching me to go live with her parents in the suburbs to save money.
How do you keep people from breaking in? Sounds like an interesting arrangement.

~~

(Posted by Kltpzyxm)
Hmm…I remember going into #lanekent and meeting lots of people at once. Our wonderful EditorJax was there that night…who knew she’d become one of my bestest friends!?
And that quilt you made her was AWESOME!

~~

(Posted by Beth S.)
9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to? That would be Nancy, my first BR.
Which Nancy? Anonpip?

~~

(Posted by Sue S)
8. What is something you never leave the house without? A bra
ROFLOL!

~~

(Posted by Labby)
tasty chicken noodle soup recipe
Please share the recipe.

~~

(Posted by Labby)
I even refused to join the typing lessons at school
I wanted to do the same, but my mom encouraged me to take typing even if I didn’t take another business / secretarial class. Bless her heart. That was one of the most important classes I ever took. At work, almost everything is computerized, and when I watch other nurses struggling to type, I’m very glad I took that 8th grade class.

~~

(Posted by Vicki)
2. I live in Puerto Rico.
I used to live in Naranjito and then Arroyo. I loved Arroyo because I could always hear the waves of the Caribbean.

~~

(Posted by Vicki)
The next day we went with our husbands on a day trip up the mountains to the little town where the movie had been filmed.
Which town?

~~

(Posted by LaraMoon)
9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to? There are two -- LabRat, when I sent in my 1st story to the archive, which I hadn't posted on the boards because I didn't even know that existed.
Really? Now I’m looking to see which story you posted. I thought I’d read your first story. Now, I’m not sure. Ah-ha. I found it. Shattered. Will read it later.

~~

(Posted by Mrs.Mosley)
AlonzoMosleyFBI
I’ve seen that name. Does he write for another fandom?

~~

(Posted by Mrs.Mosley)
the topic was 'Happy Birthday, MrsMosley!'
This sounds familiar. I think I may have been there...

~~

(Posted by Bobbart)
It's a concatenation of my real name.
Wow, what a word! It’s new to me! laugh

~~

(Posted by Wolfsong)
1. What does your board name mean? Wolves are my favorite animal and their howl is their song, thus Wolfsong
That’s awesome!

~~

(Posted by Artemis.)
The first two hour show that was remanufactured into the Pilot in 1993. I had just come back from a one year tour at the Pentagon and thought "Oh no, they're going to screw it up", but to my amazement I really loved Deborah Joy Levine's take on the Lois and Clark relationship
Are you saying that the Pilot wasn’t the first time the show aired? The first time I watched, though, it was two hours.

~~

(Posted by Rona V)
I’ve never really had a conversation with any FoLC unless you’ve been lucky enough to have me as your GE. Too bashful, I think. You think you get nervous posting fic? I get nervous posting fdk. And this poll.
Aw, that’s just too cute. Too nervous to post feedback and yet you are a GE.

~~

(Posted by Nan)
This is why the idiot writers in Hollywood made Smallville the size of Indianapolis.
This aggravates me, too. They show signs on the show showing the population, but the feel of the show isn’t that big except for there are an awful lot of people that went to Smallville High.

~~

(Posted by Nan)
but my specialty is B'stilla,
Please share. I love good recipes.

~~

(Posted by Vive60)
the caving.
Spelunking! I used to do that!

~~

(Posted by Vive60)
3. When did you start watching L&C? 6 years ago now...yikes! Now I feel old.
Then I must be ancient. wink

~~

(Posted by Vive60)
8. What is something you never leave the house without? Keys. No, really...I've seen girls out in the hallway in nothing but a towel, waiting for our male security guy to unlock their room- awkward. Not to mention the ones who have to knock on random doors to find a phone to call said security...Shudder.
Yikes!

~~

(Posted by Vive60.)
Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to? My mom..
Who is your mom?

~~

(posted by dawebb)
When I first started on the internet in the mid 80s,
Wow, I remember that, too, but it was so SLOW then that I didn’t give it another try for several years.

~~

(Posted by dawebb)
Yeah, alot of the older homes do have a toilet in the basement, as well as a shower.
Well, we never had a toilet in the basement (but I have seen them) but when I was growing up, we had a shower in the basement. It made sense because my dad got filthy on the job. And the shower was “open” to the entire rest of the basement.

~~

(Posted by Jenni Debb)
and enjoy visiting castles and even more ancient sites.
I’d love to do that. I was in Scotland only very briefly but what I saw was beautiful.

~~~

This was fun.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please share the recipe.
1. Cut one medium-sized chicken breast fillet into chunks. (Sometimes I use turkey strips instead).

2. Cut one medium-sized onion into chunks.

2. Put chicken and onion chunks in a medium-sized pan with pepper to taste. (The recipe also mentions salt, but I find the stock has enough of that for me, so I don't add more).

3. Add two vegetable stock cubes in enough water to fill pan.

4. Bring to the boil.

5. When boiling, lower heat and simmer for twenty minutes.

6. Just before serving, cook a bag of noodles in the wok with a splash of olive oil (2 minutes) and add to pan.

That's it. Nothing fancy, very simple. Takes 20 minutes to cook and provides a tasty meal.

I sometimes also add in a can of sweetcorn.

LabRat smile (who notes that lunchtime has arrived and is now in the mood to cook... laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
A long time ago I decided the recipe for B'stilla was too long and complicated and started taking shortcuts. It cut down the time it took to make the pie, and cut out a lot of the work, and as far as I can tell, it tastes just the same. Anyhow, I finally wrote down my recipe when the women from my husband's office asked for it, so I'll just copy and paste it here.

B'stilla (Moroccan Chicken Pie)

This recipe is adapted from the traditional Moroccan dish, which involves a lot more work. I'll give their recipe and my own changes in parentheses. I think you'll agree that mine is a lot easier.

B'stilla (Pronounced "Pastilla")

Part 1

2 broilers or 1 large chicken, and giblets (I use 4 or 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 1/2 cup of chicken bouillon and a package of chicken livers)
2 1/2 T butter
1 lg onion, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp powdered saffron (optional)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
4 T finely chopped fresh Italian parsley

(Feel free to adjust the amounts of the spices to suit yourself. They aren't set in stone.)

Part 2

7 -- 8 eggs
12 T butter, melted. (My method: Use butter-flavored spray instead. It's a lot easier and a lot lower in fat and calories)
16 sheets of fillo (or fila) pastry -- can be purchased in most supermarkets, in the freezer section.
1 to 2 T sugar
cinnamon to taste
2 packages of sliced or slivered almonds, sauteed in a little butter.
1 egg yolk, beaten to glaze
Granulated sugar, cinnamon and powdered sugar to garnish.

Preparation of Part 1:

Original Method:

Wash the broilers or chicken. Quarter them and simmer with giblets in a very little water with butter, onion, seasonings and parsley for about 2 hours until meat falls off the bones. Add a little more water as required. When cooked, drain off stock and reserve. Skin and bone the chicken and cut the meat into smallish pieces.

(My Method:

Simmer chicken breasts, chicken livers and bouillon with butter, onion, seasonings and parsley for about 2 hours in covered pan until meat is tender. Add a little water as required. When cooked, drain off stock and reserve. Cut meat into small pieces.)

Preparation of Part 2:

Saute' the almonds in a little butter until lightly browned. Set aside.

Take about 1/2 cup of the stock and beat it well with the eggs. Season to taste with salt and pepper, pour into a small pan and stir over low heat until mixture is creamy and nearly set. (Don't worry if it looks like half-cooked scrambled eggs when you're done. It doesn't affect the result.) The eggs and the meat constitute the filling of the pie.

Original Method:

Brush a large pan or oven dish with melted butter. Fit a sheet of fillo in the dish so that the ends fold well up and overlap the edges. If this is not possible, use overlapping sheets of fillo. Lay 6 sheets of pastry on top of each other, brushing melted butter evenly between each layer.

(My Method: Use the butter flavored spray on the dish and between each layer of fillo pastry. It's much easier and lower in fat.)

Sprinkle the top layer with granulated sugar, cinnamon and sauteed almonds. Spread a little more than half the egg mixture evenly over this and sprinkle with a little of the remaining chicken stock.

Cover with 4 sheets of fillo pastry each brushed with butter (or sprayed with butter-flavored spray). These don't have to overlap the edges. I usually find that a sheet of fillo just covers the top of the pie.

Lay the pieces of meat neatly over the top, using all of the meat and seasoning mixture, and cover with the rest of the egg mixture. Sprinkle with a little more chicken stock. Cover with remaining fillo sheets, each brushed with butter, or sprayed with butter-flavored spray. Tuck the overlapping edges of fillo pastry over the top layers.

Paint the top with beaten egg yolk to glaze and bake at 350 to 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Then turn oven to 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until pastry is crisp and a deep golden color.

Sprinkle with granulated sugar and cinnamon. Top with powdered sugar.

Hint: Don't be stingy with the toppings. They really enhance the flavor of the pie.

So there it is. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't turn out perfect the first time. It still tastes good, and I can guarantee you'll get better with practice.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
AlonzoMosleyFBI
I’ve seen that name. Does he write for another fandom?
He's written exactly one fic, and it was for us! The Welcome Wagon smile Otherwise he mainly sticks to his blog and film clip and lego videos .

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Which town?
Adjuntas. smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
1. What does your board name mean? – My name. Well, my first one anyway.

2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place? – I live in Kentucky in the US. I like it because the weather’s pretty much in the middle. It can go to an extreme once in awhile, but it’s more moderate than not. Most of all though I like the rolling hills and the people.

3. When did you start watching L&C? – From the beginning. I’ve been a Superman fan since I was a toddler all most.

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference: - 2,1,3,4

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss? – I’m going to say “Big Bang Theory”, but I’ll also admit to “Smallville” though the last half of season 8 was a huge let down.

6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality? – Breakfast. I don’t really cook, but I have the good fortune to supervise a department with it’s own building including a cafeteria so I get to come in in the mornings and make myself whatever breakfast I want.

7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck? – University of Kentucky Wildcats!!!! (though I’m hoping their fortunes are about to change)

8. What is something you never leave the house without? – My phone. I’ve been on call almost continuously for the past 10 years. If I’m away from a phone or phone service I get twitchy because I just know that something’s going to blow up and I’ll be the last to find out.

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to? – Wendy was probably the first one I corresponded with (she was the editor of a story I wrote), but Tank and his comments to the original posting of that story here is the person that most stands out from the beginning. What can I say, I’m a big fan of both of them and I felt a little starstruck talking to them, lol.

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? – Law enforcement. I almost made it to. I had just taken the civil service examination for the US Marshall service when I was offered my first job in mental health. I sometimes regret not sticking with it.

11. What is something you collect? – I used to collect comics. Now I don’t think I really collect anything though it’s very hard to pass by the $5 DVD bin at Wal-Mart and not snag something.

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll? – I was bored so much as panicked. I had just found out that there is a high probability that the Joint Commission will be here Monday to review our hospital and there was approximately 9 million things that still need to be done to prepare for them. I’m more or less using this to de-stress for the moment.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
L
Blogger
Blogger
L

Lady was a nickname I had when I was a kid and red is my favorite color. smile

Just moved into a new apartment, love the fact that it's located close to everything.

Off and on when it first aired.

2, 1, 3 & 4. Always loved those early shows the best.

Supernatural, Sons of Anarchy (Ron Perlman rocks!), Smallville (Allison Mack!), CSI
(Vegas)and Heroes.

Baked macaroni and cheese.

Not really into sports.

My keys, cellphone and money.

Can't really remember.

A pediatrician.

Receipts. Weird huh?

Wasn't really bored when I started, LoL.

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get it's pants on." --Sir Winston Churchill
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard