Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#220305 03/04/09 12:56 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi FoLCs!

It's your old pal, Wanda Detroit.... bet you wonder where I've been (or maybe not, haha). I have been in GRAD SCHOOL -- I am just finishing my degree in Art Education. It is awesome and I am hoping that I will be teaching elementary school art in the fall!

I'm student teaching, and I wear an apron all day to keep my clothes clean (being an art teacher is MESSY!). I have been wearing a SUPERMAN apron, which has been a huge hit with the kids. I am pretty sure that my Superman apron makes me WAY COOL as a teacher!!! Some of the kids say things like, "You're Superman!!!" or correct themselves and call me SuperLADY. Too cute!

Anyway, I have not been too active on the boards and I have missed it. Just wanted to say HELLO!! Still keepin' it real by watching L&C as I lesson plan. I hope to be back to write some fic as soon as I graduate and have a little more time on my hands!

--WD

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Hi Wanda!

Nice to hear from you again. I wondered where you vanished to, and I'm glad to see you haven't forgotten us.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
What we need is a picture...

wink

And yay! Congrats on getting close to graduation - I know how wonderful that feels!
Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Good to hear from you, Wanda! And I agree with Carol, we do need a picture! hyper

(I tried googling "Superman apron", but all I found was a pretty young woman in a not-quite-Superman apron and a Superman apron which was not-quite-PG-rated, so... naaaah....)

Ann

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
OK, OK, because I don't want you Googling to see any "questionable content" by mistake...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alliegee/3330210989/

smile
WD

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow!!!! Talk about having the kids' rapt attention!!! clap clap clap clap

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
lol, nice!!!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Features Writer
Features Writer
LOVED IT!!! Wonder how will I get one like that in Brazil.

By the way, Wanda, you look great altogether!

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Very cute! smile

Mona

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard