Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
I always thought this was funny. It makes me shake my head.

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?
rotflol Who ever in the world created that stuff anyway? The Egyptians, maybe? It’s surely not good for our eyes.

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
My cats would not eat it. They insist on regular Purina dry cat food. smile

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
Roaches?

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
Oh, my gosh, James, that’s hilarious.

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
One wonders....

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
Edgar Rice Burroughs must have been a 'gentleman'. He is one of my favorite authors. I also like the John Carter of Mars series.

If people evolved from apes, why are there still
apes?
I love that, James.

The statistics on sanity is that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends - if they're okay, then it's you.
rotflol rotflol And did you know that most people working in mental health have ‘issues’ of their own and that’s why they are drawn to the field? ...Ooops. I gave it away. Your mental health care-givers are crazy. laugh (I hope everyone realizes I'm joking. I wouldn't want anyone to take offense, but when you work in the mental health care field, you have to have a sense of humor - and usually an odd one.)

There's no way of knowing when it's manufactured if it's going to be put in a drive through, in the bank, or on a street somewhere. So they're all made the same.
Darn it, all, then, why is when you go to a different drive-through that the on-screen instructions are often different?

she shrugs and says, "I like the taste better."

And I'm leaping up and down on the sofa yelling, "Yes! Yes! Exactly! Finally, someone gets it!"
I liked the taste better when the diet drinks were made with saccharin. Now that they have aspartame, I can’t drink them because I get a migraine.

I do recall one of the first diet Coke's to come out was something called Tab.
I remember Tab, too. I didn’t like it, but when it went off the market, I knew people that went to great lengths to get it before it ‘ran out’. I had one teacher in school that brought it with her to school long after it was no longer made. I also remember when diet Fresca came out which I think was around the same time. It wasn’t bad. Do you remember cyclomates? I think the drinks with that in it came around before Tab. As I remember, they were pretty good, but then cyclomate got pulled off the market.

Does anyone else notice coke tastes different in different countries too?
Not only different countries, but also with different bottlers. The Coke I get in Kentucky isn’t the same as what I got when I lived in Columbus, Ohio. And has anyone noticed that fountain Coke is usually kind of yucky? I think it tastes like nutmeg.

Does anyone remember ‘New Coke’? Yuck. Coca-Cola quit making ‘The Real Thing’ - that was one of the biggest business faux pas ever.

...excess saccharin in particular can taste awful if you aren't used to it.
Do they still use saccharin in Great Britain? Do you need crazy psych nurses there?

what does Mountain Dew taste of, exactly?
A sort-of sweet orangey-lemon flavor with a snappier carbonization.

Bottles are better. Glass bottles were the best. Those miniature glass bottles are just not the same.

"Yahoo, Mountain Dew! (bullet ricochet sound) It'll tickle yore innards!"
Was that Mountain Dew? Or Yahoo? (I can still go to the store and find Yahoo, but I never thought much of it.)

And thanks for the thread, Mr. D8A. I had a good laugh. Hmm... NaNoWriMo???

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
There's not that much I like to drink. How about a smoothie? Eh, I prefer to eat my bananas rather than drink them. A milkshake, then? Uh, could I have some regular ice cream and eat it with a spoon? What about a carbonated drink? Coke? Diet Coke? Pepsi? Ummmm, could I have some tap water? laugh

Ann

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
This is so funny and some of them in the case of the first, sad, James. I enjoyed reading this list. smile

As for the great soda debate, lol, I should say I no longer drink soda period. I only drink a ton of water and it has to be either Sparkletts or Aquafina, so I am picky that way, juice, CHOCOLATE milk, white milk= :p ,hot cocoa, and of course, milkshakes. smile Oh lol, are Frosty's a drink?

Back to the question at hand, way back when I was younger and especially in high school, I may have been addicted to Pepsi I drank so much of the stuff. No Coke for me, Pepsi all the way as it was sweeter and just tasted better. Can or Bottle? I generally got the cans and have no clue as to whether I prefered it in a bottle. I can say that when I drank Canada Dry Ginger Ale, it had to be in the bottle, the can just was not very appealing to me.

That's that,
Mona

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You can't drink the tap water here in Hong Kong despite what people might say unless you want some rust or other nasties with it. We have to buy bottled water (with quality assurance checks). You realise how blessed you are to live in a city where you can just walk to your tap for water when you are forced to learn to live without that luxury. My home in New Zealand, the tap water was sourced from a local spring... nicer than anything you could buy! Oh for those good old days.

Mountain Dew is like a sweeter version of Lift/Mellow Yellow. I actually prefer it to Lift.

Here in Hong Kong they have coke light, diet coke, coke zero, plus 3 or 4 coke 'flavours' on top of the 'regular' variety (which depending on the supermarket you can pick up Hong Kong made, Australian Made, British Made, or US made)... and some things I am not brave enough to try called pineapple fanta and passionfruit fanta.
I'm not a huge fizzy drinker... but I would speculate that the general population here are given the variety (and number of 7-11 stores on almost every corner).

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Classicalla:

There's no way of knowing when it's manufactured if it's going to be put in a drive through, in the bank, or on a street somewhere. So they're all made the same.
Darn it, all, then, why is when you go to a different drive-through that the on-screen instructions are often different?
It probably has something to do with how they're programmed, and not much to do with the hardware itself.

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Lisamaree, the Evil Kiwi:
You realise how blessed you are to live in a city where you can just walk to your tap for water when you are forced to learn to live without that luxury.
I spent fifteen years living in San Diego. Ugh, talk about horrid tap water. It's fine to drink, health-wise, but it tastes awful. So does the water in Los Angeles. Practically everybody has a filter installed on their water system or buys a lot of bottled water. In San Diego, I could do as you say, walk to my tap for water, but I'd rather not.

Fortunately I moved to the great Northwest where the water is actually quite good-tasting. It's actually water, not the sludge that passes for water in southern California! wink

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I only drink a ton of water and it has to be either Sparkletts or Aquafina,
Have you tried Fiji? It's absolutely wonderful.

It probably has something to do with how they're programmed, and not much to do with the hardware itself
I guess that wasn't one of my better attempts at humor, huh? blush

For the short time I lived in Phoenix, AZ, it seemed that we couldn't drink the tap water there either. Of course, I have no idea if that's still true.

And I probably shouldn't be drinking tap water where I am since there are chemical plants nearby - we have warning sirens for dangerous leaks, have been evacuated (and the 115 pound dog went, too, and he wasn't used to being in a car...), have had to shelter in place, and one day, it took me twice as long to get to work because of a leak that caused nearly all the roads to close. (Oooh... maybe that's too scary to write down - then I have to think about it.)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fortunately I moved to the great Northwest where the water is actually quite good-tasting. It's actually water, not the sludge that passes for water in southern California! [Wink]
As someone who lives in SoCal, I agree completely. I can't drink the nasty tasting stuff that comes out of our taps. The taste is the main reason I never drink enough water.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Kerth
Kerth
Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
(No, I know the answer. Sun and water combined produce a small amount of peroxide which bleaches hair. The skin produces melanin when it gets too much sun - thus the darkening.)

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed? (Hey, I can. Never occurred to me to open my mouth while doing so.)

Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'? (They don't wanna share? They don't participate in lotteries out of ethical reasons? laugh )

Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word? (Because it's derived from a Latin word that already has two components and got another one in English?)

Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'? (You don't ant to know...)

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons? (Because there is a reason you shouldn't drink too much real lemon juice... to sour.)

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? (Because, after he got all your money invested, you're likely to be broke?)

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour? (Because everybody *tries* to rush home but it takes an hour longer than it should?)

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food? (Because no human has ever tasted a mouse, so how could humans produce mouse-flavored cat food? Maybe *you* want to volunteer?)

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes? (Maybe he took the eggs?)

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections? (Out of (medical) habit?)

You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?! (Too expensive?)

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains? (Why don't you? Besides, wool doesn't shrink when it rains, either.)

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together? (Because the walls keep several apartments apart?)

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress? (You got it! Ah, no, not really. It's contra, not con.)

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal? (Uh...)

Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are almost dead? (Why do we speak louder to someone who doesn't understand our language all that well? Duh!)

Why do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they already know there is not enough money? (LOL!)

Why does someone Believe you when you say there are four billion stars; but have to check when you say the paint is still wet? (Checking the paint is easier than counting four billion stars.)

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? (Maybe he's Asian?)

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him? (The revolver could discharge at impact?)

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets? (Because they didn't intend to end up as kamikaze?)

If people evolved from apes, why are there still
apes? (Because only one branch of the apes evolved into humans.)

Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white? (Because there's hardly any liquid in bubbles - and air usually doesn't have a color.)

Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale? (Not likely in the near future.)

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance? (Duh! Because it just got stuck before? Because the vacuum cleaner is nearer than the next bin?)

Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try? (Because you don't know how to do it right. You have to blow on the edge. Hard. Then, suddenly, you can open the bag quite easily.)

How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures? (The light fixtures are not completely enclosed, there are a few small entrances. The bug gets in, gets fried, end of story.)

When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, 'It's all right?' Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, 'That really hurt, why don't you watch where you're going?' (Because it sounds impolite - and remember what your mother tried to teach you abot politeness.)

Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over? (I don't. Actually, I'm quite good at catching things I sent falling off the table... What can I say? Practice makes perfect.)

In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat? (I don't. Our place is rather cool in summer.)

And my FAVORITE......

The statistics on sanity is that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -
if they're okay, then it's you. (/me mutters about statistics... Only believe in statistics you manipulated yourself.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed? (Hey, I can. Never occurred to me to open my mouth while doing so.)
Hey, after I read this, I tried putting on mascara without opening my mouth - I succeeded quite nicely. I guess that’s pretty good since historically I’ve been one of the mouth open mascara appliers.

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? (Maybe he's Asian?)
Nope. He’s English and royalty at that. His name is John Clayton, and his title is Lord Greystoke. Edgar Rice Burroughs also called him a Viscount and non-canonical sources called him an Earl. Uhh... More than you wanted to know, right?

Oh, Lara Joelle, your answers were nearly as funny as what James wrote. rotflol

Blogger
Blogger
How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?
Ive wondered about this one for years

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Diet Coke and diet Pepsi also taste different in different regions of the USA depending on the water source. Even the diet coke in LA tastes off. Anyone ever try diet Hansons? It's awesome. I love Pomegranate. Which is a clear liquid as they all are no matter the flavor.
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!
This I know the answer to:
It would be too heavy and the plane couldn't fly.
See "tanks" as a reference. But you see, carbon fibers give you the strength without the weight, which is why they are starting to build planes out of it.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Merriwether
Merriwether
On the progress/Congress one, does that make a professional the opposite of a confessional, or a profession the opposite of a confession? Maybe a protractor is the opposite of a contractor?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
I think you have bananas, Woody.

Protractor vs. contractor: priceless.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Merriwether
Merriwether
Or how about proscribe vs. conscribe?
Or proscript vs. conscript?
And finally, what do you do with a pro con man?
Or is a priest a professional confessional man?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard