Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#218468 09/16/08 09:35 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I just found out our electricity is back on at home!!!! dance It's amazing how much we take for granted; like being able to see in your closet, having a glass of milk, watching the news. This is the best day ever!!!

63% of Houston is still without power but they're working on it so hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. A big concern at the moment though is a lot of the medical center is still without power and running water. I know MD Anderson Cancer Center still does not have electricity or running water. Though they have generators, they only last so long. Please keep that in your prayers!

Thanks!!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#218469 09/16/08 01:08 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Twin! I am so glad to hear you have electricity again! You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Hurricanes suck.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#218470 09/16/08 08:36 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Good to hear your electricity is back, Steph! I hope everyone in Texas gets it back soon.

Ann

#218471 09/18/08 05:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations! I remember doing the 'happy power dance' once or twice myself. You never really know how dependent you are until you lose power for a couple of days.

Hope the lights keep coming back on in Houston.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#218472 09/23/08 06:23 AM
CK Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm glad for you!
I feel for ya too, when the remnants of Ike moved up here, Ohio, we also had a cold front move through our state at the same time, so we got 70-80mph sustained winds all centered in Ohio, which was strange, but not the first time (the blizzard of 78 was 2 storms hitting right over us too)What I couldn't stand was some of these people, we had 1.8 mil without electric, were complaining about a couple of days without power when people down where you are had no homes left! eek
Be thankful for what your have thumbsup

*CK*

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard