Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Was reading a comic book and came across an ad for a site called Titan Magazines. I snapped a pic to share with you, which you can see here .

Basically, it says "FINE TUNE YOUR FANDOM!" and shows a dial with different "settings," each linked by an arrow to an appropriate magazine that they sell. The "Jedi" setting is linked to a Star Wars magazine, etc. Though only four settings are shown, they claim to cover the full range. The idea being, more or less, "All this and everything in between!"

The thing that jumped out at me is this: On the dial, "Super Hero" and "Kryptonian" are diametrically opposed.

Thank you, Smallville. :p

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
heh... thanks for sharing smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Have to agree about Smallville, have to agree...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well... you know... on Smallville, the Kryptonian isn't a superhero -- and I doubt he'll ever really be one, the way it's goin'. (gosh darn it, Clark, stop being a wuss and just FLY already!!!)

Mind you... If I'm gonna pick up a mag about superheroes, I think I'd be happy NOT to find Smallville in it -- Batman and Iron Man, though, I would just love.

(the Canadian's two rusted pennies)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
well... you know... on Smallville, the Kryptonian isn't a superhero -- and I doubt he'll ever really be one, the way it's goin'. (gosh darn it, Clark, stop being a wuss and just FLY already!!!

Mind you... If I'm gonna pick up a mag about superheroes, I think I'd be happy NOT to find Smallville in it -- Batman and Iron Man, though, I would just love.

(the Canadian's two rusted pennies)
OMG...on the flying thing, I totally agree!

*Takes notes on the superhero magazine comment.* :p I write about Smallville if there's something newsworthy. I enjoy the show, but I do find myself repeating, "alt-universe," over and over again under my breath,

Nothing to complain about with our nextissue though, cause it's dedicated to Batman! YAY! thumbsup

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sometimes, I really think Smallville should be treated as a high-school AU-type fanfic put to screen. wink

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Blogger
Blogger
You know, I really enjoyed smallville until about 2 years ago or so. I still watch it, but I am not holding out much hope anymore. I read somewhere someone using the term "moral ambiguity" in regards to Clarks character development (or lack thereof) and it certainly fits. Very frustrating!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard