Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: HatMan Kryptonian isn't what it used to be... - 05/21/08 08:39 AM
Was reading a comic book and came across an ad for a site called Titan Magazines. I snapped a pic to share with you, which you can see here .

Basically, it says "FINE TUNE YOUR FANDOM!" and shows a dial with different "settings," each linked by an arrow to an appropriate magazine that they sell. The "Jedi" setting is linked to a Star Wars magazine, etc. Though only four settings are shown, they claim to cover the full range. The idea being, more or less, "All this and everything in between!"

The thing that jumped out at me is this: On the dial, "Super Hero" and "Kryptonian" are diametrically opposed.

Thank you, Smallville. :p
heh... thanks for sharing smile
Have to agree about Smallville, have to agree...

James
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Kryptonian isn't what it used to be... - 05/21/08 11:10 AM
well... you know... on Smallville, the Kryptonian isn't a superhero -- and I doubt he'll ever really be one, the way it's goin'. (gosh darn it, Clark, stop being a wuss and just FLY already!!!)

Mind you... If I'm gonna pick up a mag about superheroes, I think I'd be happy NOT to find Smallville in it -- Batman and Iron Man, though, I would just love.

(the Canadian's two rusted pennies)
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
well... you know... on Smallville, the Kryptonian isn't a superhero -- and I doubt he'll ever really be one, the way it's goin'. (gosh darn it, Clark, stop being a wuss and just FLY already!!!

Mind you... If I'm gonna pick up a mag about superheroes, I think I'd be happy NOT to find Smallville in it -- Batman and Iron Man, though, I would just love.

(the Canadian's two rusted pennies)
OMG...on the flying thing, I totally agree!

*Takes notes on the superhero magazine comment.* :p I write about Smallville if there's something newsworthy. I enjoy the show, but I do find myself repeating, "alt-universe," over and over again under my breath,

Nothing to complain about with our nextissue though, cause it's dedicated to Batman! YAY! thumbsup
Posted By: Julie S Re: Kryptonian isn't what it used to be... - 05/22/08 04:40 AM
Sometimes, I really think Smallville should be treated as a high-school AU-type fanfic put to screen. wink

Julie smile
Posted By: jedilady Re: Kryptonian isn't what it used to be... - 05/28/08 04:41 PM
You know, I really enjoyed smallville until about 2 years ago or so. I still watch it, but I am not holding out much hope anymore. I read somewhere someone using the term "moral ambiguity" in regards to Clarks character development (or lack thereof) and it certainly fits. Very frustrating!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards