Print Thread
#216242 04/06/08 12:41 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
How weird! About eight hours ago I was going to check out Zoom's boards. They were down! Really! That has never happened to me before, although I go there so much less often than I go here. So I went back here, and these boards were fine. I decided I would post here and point out that Zoom's boards were down. But as I was going to open the Off Topic Folder, these boards were suddenly down too! How very, very weird! You'd almost think that someone was targeting Lois and Clark boards. Does anyone know anything at all about it?

Ann

#216243 04/06/08 09:49 PM
D
Deb Offline
Blogger
Blogger
D
Um, I find this very interesting. I've been logged into both this board and Zoom's board all day, and didn't have any problem accessing either of them.

I think perhaps there may have been a problem with your ISP rather than either of the boards...

JMO...

Deb

debc on IRC
#216244 04/07/08 12:53 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, it does sound as though the problem's been at your end, Anne, with your connection or pc.

I don't frequent Zoomway's mbs, so I can't say about those, but, like Deb, I had no problem with this forum on the day in question.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#216245 04/07/08 02:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I had a hiccup yesterday afternoon where I got a message saying 'Access Denied'! But when I tried a couple of minutes later I got on no problem. Don't know what that was about. huh

Edit: Just done it again.
'Access Denied (policy_denied)
Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL'

Usually I get error 404 or 501 or something to that effect. Not always the same thing, but that seems to be worldwide when it happens.

Fortunately it seems to be very temporary.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#216246 04/07/08 02:13 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I had no problem with these boards yesterday, but couldn't access Zoom's boards for a while.

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard