Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#216163 04/04/08 07:45 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Anybody? huh Just out of interest, post a reply here.

I lurk quite often and don't post anything because I have nothing to say/I'm too lazy, but I'm wondering how many people do the same. You don't need to write anything, just put your name on the list and we'll see how many we get. I'd really like to know.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#216164 04/04/08 07:52 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
wave

Me. I'm here. Probably too much, but I work from home, on the computer so I pop over to this tab fairly often and hit refresh and see if there's anything new to distract me from the work I should be doing [but today I'm reading fic in between kiddos and stuff as my work is caught up - Smallville Style if anyone's interested - is very good.

I really need to go make a grocery list [today was payday], do some laundry, chicken is thawing for dinner [unless we go to Sam's, then it's thawing for tomorrow night's dinner], avoiding checking work email, email Alisha the slightly edited Ch. 3 of Learning to Love, maybe work some more on the next unfinished chapter or two while the kids are supposed to be resting, but instead I'm reading fic wink .

Carol

#216165 04/04/08 08:11 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Me! I'm just doing my usual of nipping into the 'office' on my way back from the loo, before going downstairs to finish the laundry and get dinner on. laugh .

I seem to be genetically unable to resist checking my email and the boards on the way back from a visit to the loo. Guess I'm afraid I'll miss something wildly interesting. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#216166 04/04/08 08:12 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm here, at least a couple of times a day. Mostly looking for topics of interest, I visit a lot of diverse websites whenever I sit down at my computer-never saw the point of computer games outside of ones like "Myst", I'm on here to learn more about the world around me and read other peoples' experiances and opinions.

Femme fatale with a hopelessly romantic heart!
#216167 04/04/08 08:14 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I tend to hit the site every day or so, sometimes more often if I'm expecting an update on something especially interesting.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#216168 04/04/08 08:21 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm here! Actually I just came online after my morning classes and always somehow end up here instead of working on homework for the hour break I get.

#216169 04/04/08 08:22 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm here pretty much everyday. I'm able to check the boards pretty frequently at work in between bouts of busyness. I was a lurker for a veeeeery long time though. I think it was Sue's Platonic that got me to post for the first time and the rest is history.

I enjoy all the OT discussion and the games in the LnC section and ofcourse fic!!! And long walks on the beach <snicker>

By Saffron: never saw the point of computer games outside of ones like "Myst"
oooo Myst!!! I miss that game. I remember it took me FOR-EV-ER to beat it only to find out I lost. Guess I should stop there just in case there are spoilers. But another awesome computer game is Heroes of Might & Magic. I used to play that game for hours!!!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#216170 04/04/08 08:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am here, usually once or twice a day. Just to see what's new and to read some fic.

I am not as addicted as I used to be (I guess RL happened) but I will never give up LnC and the friendships I have found here. smile

Natascha wave

#216171 04/04/08 08:50 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I hit the boards a few times a day. It's one of the links I hit to check on whats up, along with email and facebook. I love LnC, but my actual participation in reading fic and posting comes and goes depending on my courseload and work.

I've been watching the dvd's lately and that always gets me into the mood to read fic. I just opened up "The Next Step" by Sue as my next big read.

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
#216172 04/04/08 08:58 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm here, as usual. Well, you know me - I'm here several times a day.

I just read Sunrei's Above Alt Else, part 11, and it's just brilliant! But I'm too tired to respond right now. I'm lazily browsing and surfing the net, looking for glorious galaxy pictures. I just found one that I have to show you. The picture is far too big for me to post here, so I'll post a link. If you click on the link, the picture is going to take some time loading, and the galaxy is not in the middle of the picture but at the lower right of it (so you have to scroll down and to the right). But it looks splendid, doesn't it? It looks just like one of those huge tornadoes that come in from the Atlantic Ocean to wreak havoc wherever they land. Or it looks like the vortex that forms when water is going down the drain. Remember that there is certainly a huge black hole in the dead center of this galaxy, pulling the entire galaxy around itself, and slowly, slowly swallowing it.

Messier 100, a glorious spiral galaxy

Now I'm off to bed!!!

[Linked Image]

Ann

#216173 04/04/08 09:46 AM
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm here, too wave

If I can actually get the site to load (which, unfortunately, wasn't the case a couple of times already), I check the boards a few times a day. At least in the morning during breakfast and brushing my teeth, and in the evening while surfing the net and watching some show or other.

Btw, I'm addicted to multi-tasking, I rarely ever just watch a show these days, but I always have to read news, do some research, write email ...

I don't read that many fics at the moment, as there are several deadlines looming in RL and I only have time for a vignette here and there or to watch some MVs.

You know, I wonder whether the deadness of the boards might also have something to do with the fact that they're down so often ...

Be that as it may, perhaps after the Kerths people will start posting more (or so I hope).

Not that I blame anyone, I have a total of around 20,000 words in three stories none of which is nearly ready to post *sigh

Have a good weekend, everyone smile

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
#216174 04/04/08 10:04 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I think I'm here, I mean I'm sort of sure, though I wouldn't want you to hold me to it because with my luck I'd say I'm here and end up being there, or somewhere else.

@_@

TEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#216175 04/04/08 10:36 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I'm here! I usually check the boards every weekday before and after work. On the weekends I pop in probably a half dozen times a day, more if there is a discussion I'm participating in.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#216176 04/04/08 10:42 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm around. smile I'm usually only three times a day: an hour or so in the morning, another hour in the afternoon, and countless of hours in the evening. Whenever I am online, I check the boards regularly to see if there are any new updates. I do the same with my mail and LJ. I'm just addicted. I was even thrilled to find out at my last job I had unrestricted internet access so I wouldn't have to go through withdrawal all day. laugh Too bad most employers aren't that considerate. :p

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#216177 04/04/08 10:53 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I'm here several times a day, usually in the early morning and mid afternoon.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#216178 04/04/08 11:03 AM
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
Present and accounted for! I check in a few times a day at work (it's my treat as I finish daily tasks). blush

"There are lots of people who can be clever with words, which is different from being right with them." Anne Enright
#216179 04/04/08 11:18 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I peek in every so often but haven't been around as much lately. My interest in LnC isn't as strong as it used to be and I've been haunting other websites a lot lately.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#216180 04/04/08 12:14 PM
Columnist
Columnist
wave

You know, I'm here pretty much constantly. If I'm not at work or school, it seems like I'm checking the boards every five minutes or so.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#216181 04/04/08 01:16 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm here! I check the boards every morning, right after Gateworld and right before LJ. I have a set list of sites that I have to check every morning. I check in a few other times a day as I get bored or just want to check in. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#216182 04/04/08 02:33 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I check the boards in the mornings (and usually find that a lot of people have posted which tells me a lot of you have earlier mornings than I do). Then, I check back in the evenings after work, I lurk more then depending on my workload (since I'm usually class prepping, grading or writing).

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard