Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 11:45 AM
Anybody? huh Just out of interest, post a reply here.

I lurk quite often and don't post anything because I have nothing to say/I'm too lazy, but I'm wondering how many people do the same. You don't need to write anything, just put your name on the list and we'll see how many we get. I'd really like to know.
Posted By: carolm Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 11:52 AM
wave

Me. I'm here. Probably too much, but I work from home, on the computer so I pop over to this tab fairly often and hit refresh and see if there's anything new to distract me from the work I should be doing [but today I'm reading fic in between kiddos and stuff as my work is caught up - Smallville Style if anyone's interested - is very good.

I really need to go make a grocery list [today was payday], do some laundry, chicken is thawing for dinner [unless we go to Sam's, then it's thawing for tomorrow night's dinner], avoiding checking work email, email Alisha the slightly edited Ch. 3 of Learning to Love, maybe work some more on the next unfinished chapter or two while the kids are supposed to be resting, but instead I'm reading fic wink .

Carol
Posted By: LabRat Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 12:11 PM
Me! I'm just doing my usual of nipping into the 'office' on my way back from the loo, before going downstairs to finish the laundry and get dinner on. laugh .

I seem to be genetically unable to resist checking my email and the boards on the way back from a visit to the loo. Guess I'm afraid I'll miss something wildly interesting. goofy

LabRat smile
Posted By: Saffron Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 12:12 PM
I'm here, at least a couple of times a day. Mostly looking for topics of interest, I visit a lot of diverse websites whenever I sit down at my computer-never saw the point of computer games outside of ones like "Myst", I'm on here to learn more about the world around me and read other peoples' experiances and opinions.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 12:14 PM
I tend to hit the site every day or so, sometimes more often if I'm expecting an update on something especially interesting.
Posted By: Beth S. Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 12:21 PM
I'm here! Actually I just came online after my morning classes and always somehow end up here instead of working on homework for the hour break I get.
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 12:22 PM
I'm here pretty much everyday. I'm able to check the boards pretty frequently at work in between bouts of busyness. I was a lurker for a veeeeery long time though. I think it was Sue's Platonic that got me to post for the first time and the rest is history.

I enjoy all the OT discussion and the games in the LnC section and ofcourse fic!!! And long walks on the beach <snicker>

By Saffron: never saw the point of computer games outside of ones like "Myst"
oooo Myst!!! I miss that game. I remember it took me FOR-EV-ER to beat it only to find out I lost. Guess I should stop there just in case there are spoilers. But another awesome computer game is Heroes of Might & Magic. I used to play that game for hours!!!
Posted By: In4Adventure Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 12:35 PM
I am here, usually once or twice a day. Just to see what's new and to read some fic.

I am not as addicted as I used to be (I guess RL happened) but I will never give up LnC and the friendships I have found here. smile

Natascha wave
Posted By: minimunch3 Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 12:50 PM
I hit the boards a few times a day. It's one of the links I hit to check on whats up, along with email and facebook. I love LnC, but my actual participation in reading fic and posting comes and goes depending on my courseload and work.

I've been watching the dvd's lately and that always gets me into the mood to read fic. I just opened up "The Next Step" by Sue as my next big read.

~Kristen
Posted By: TOC Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 12:58 PM
I'm here, as usual. Well, you know me - I'm here several times a day.

I just read Sunrei's Above Alt Else, part 11, and it's just brilliant! But I'm too tired to respond right now. I'm lazily browsing and surfing the net, looking for glorious galaxy pictures. I just found one that I have to show you. The picture is far too big for me to post here, so I'll post a link. If you click on the link, the picture is going to take some time loading, and the galaxy is not in the middle of the picture but at the lower right of it (so you have to scroll down and to the right). But it looks splendid, doesn't it? It looks just like one of those huge tornadoes that come in from the Atlantic Ocean to wreak havoc wherever they land. Or it looks like the vortex that forms when water is going down the drain. Remember that there is certainly a huge black hole in the dead center of this galaxy, pulling the entire galaxy around itself, and slowly, slowly swallowing it.

Messier 100, a glorious spiral galaxy

Now I'm off to bed!!!

[Linked Image]

Ann
Posted By: Eva Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 01:46 PM
I'm here, too wave

If I can actually get the site to load (which, unfortunately, wasn't the case a couple of times already), I check the boards a few times a day. At least in the morning during breakfast and brushing my teeth, and in the evening while surfing the net and watching some show or other.

Btw, I'm addicted to multi-tasking, I rarely ever just watch a show these days, but I always have to read news, do some research, write email ...

I don't read that many fics at the moment, as there are several deadlines looming in RL and I only have time for a vignette here and there or to watch some MVs.

You know, I wonder whether the deadness of the boards might also have something to do with the fact that they're down so often ...

Be that as it may, perhaps after the Kerths people will start posting more (or so I hope).

Not that I blame anyone, I have a total of around 20,000 words in three stories none of which is nearly ready to post *sigh

Have a good weekend, everyone smile

Eva
Posted By: shimauma Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 02:04 PM
I think I'm here, I mean I'm sort of sure, though I wouldn't want you to hold me to it because with my luck I'd say I'm here and end up being there, or somewhere else.

@_@

TEEEEEJ
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 02:36 PM
I'm here! I usually check the boards every weekday before and after work. On the weekends I pop in probably a half dozen times a day, more if there is a discussion I'm participating in.
Posted By: Saskia Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 02:42 PM
I'm around. smile I'm usually only three times a day: an hour or so in the morning, another hour in the afternoon, and countless of hours in the evening. Whenever I am online, I check the boards regularly to see if there are any new updates. I do the same with my mail and LJ. I'm just addicted. I was even thrilled to find out at my last job I had unrestricted internet access so I wouldn't have to go through withdrawal all day. laugh Too bad most employers aren't that considerate. :p

Saskia
Posted By: Nan Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 02:53 PM
I'm here several times a day, usually in the early morning and mid afternoon.

Nan
Posted By: nepenthe Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 03:03 PM
Present and accounted for! I check in a few times a day at work (it's my treat as I finish daily tasks). blush
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 03:18 PM
I peek in every so often but haven't been around as much lately. My interest in LnC isn't as strong as it used to be and I've been haunting other websites a lot lately.
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 04:14 PM
wave

You know, I'm here pretty much constantly. If I'm not at work or school, it seems like I'm checking the boards every five minutes or so.
Posted By: Karen Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 05:16 PM
I'm here! I check the boards every morning, right after Gateworld and right before LJ. I have a set list of sites that I have to check every morning. I check in a few other times a day as I get bored or just want to check in. laugh
Posted By: alcyone Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 06:33 PM
I check the boards in the mornings (and usually find that a lot of people have posted which tells me a lot of you have earlier mornings than I do). Then, I check back in the evenings after work, I lurk more then depending on my workload (since I'm usually class prepping, grading or writing).

alcyone
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 07:22 PM
Me. I really don't say much because my typing is not good
Posted By: Katianne Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 09:02 PM
I'm here every evening after work and check the boards several times during the weekends. I lurk mostly except for the very rare fiction feedback (usually someone else has already said what I've been thinking) but I do enjoy all the interaction between the members who post frequently.

Annette
Posted By: Shadow Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 09:14 PM
You can usually find me lurking around the internet at midnight, and actually I should be storyboarding right now instead of procrastinating hehe, so off I go.

Jen
Posted By: Sue S. Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 10:21 PM
I'm still around. wave I'm crunched at work these days and can't spend much time online, but I do try to check the boards before heading off to bed at night.
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 11:27 PM
I'm here.. now.. mostly, I check in whenever I check my emails and that's like four / five times a day smile

wave
Posted By: StarKat Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 11:35 PM
I'm around from time to time, too.

Tara
Posted By: C_A Re: Who is actually here? - 04/04/08 11:47 PM
I'm here, too, but I don't post that much and I don't read fanfic for the most part. What am I doing on message boards dedicated to fanfic, then? Heck if I know huh .

wink
Posted By: Cornelia Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 12:21 AM
One time in the morning, one time in the evening, sometimes while at work, three or four times per day on weekends - I´m always looking for updates, new stories and interesting topics!
Posted By: CheeseoftheMonth Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 04:56 AM
Me. I'm around, I just don't post much. blush
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 05:54 AM
I'm here.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 08:52 AM
I'm always here. Sometimes I think I live here. *lol(
Posted By: dawebb Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 09:13 AM
I'm here lurking almost everyday.

I tend to read practically everything, but I don't really post comments. I know that I should, especially since there are so many great stories and discussions on this message board, but I've always been a little shy! blush
Posted By: carolm Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 09:38 AM
/me grabs duct tape and sticks dawebb to the boards

Now that you've delurked, you're not allowed to go back to lurking.

smile
Carol
Posted By: Carolyn Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 09:54 AM
I'm here wave

I check on the boards (both Zoom's and this one) every day, usually at night when I arrive home from work.

Carolyn smile
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 10:09 AM
/me grabs duct tape and sticks dawebb to the boards
Resistance is futile! devil

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Welcome to the Dark Side. Clearly some of us come more willingly than others. laugh

Who else? Come on, be brave!
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 10:28 AM
Jip I'm here too!! laugh

I did have a couple of busy days and still have a few coming so I won't be posting that much. But otherwise I check the boards daily to see if there are new interesed post wink

Camy
Posted By: Keri Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 11:26 AM
I lurk a lot.

*crawls back into her hole*
Posted By: carolm Re: Who is actually here? - 04/05/08 11:41 AM
/me grabs duct tape and applies to Keri as well

Get out of that! wink
Carol
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Who is actually here? - 04/06/08 08:55 AM
Try to drop by every day - currently too busy with other things to write fanfic, but I'll be back
Posted By: metwin1 Re: Who is actually here? - 04/06/08 10:28 AM
I still come almost every day, but I've become a lurker.

twins
metwin1
Posted By: vive60 Re: Who is actually here? - 04/06/08 07:18 PM
I'm here too. Have been since the start. I'm just really quiet. Love all the stories though smile
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: Who is actually here? - 04/06/08 07:35 PM
I'm here everyday. I check the boards at lunch time and at night. I haven't much free time, so when I access the boards I'm always busy reading the posts (I read all stories, with exception of deathfics) and it leaves almost no time to write FDKs. frown But I love coming here daily to see what has been posted. I can't stay away, this boards has been my addiction since 2003. wink

Andreia (who is up writing here while her husband is already sleeping...) :rolleyes:
Posted By: Capes Re: Who is actually here? - 04/06/08 07:45 PM
I check in here maybe once a week. I used to do so more often, but now that I really don't read fanfic (of any sort) and have too much going on, it's not as frequent. I still like to see what's up in the "world" though--it's been a part of my life way too long to just forget about it altogether!
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: Who is actually here? - 04/06/08 10:39 PM
I used to live here.

whinging I miss my home.

But RL butt in and now I've almost become a lurker again.

But I'm still around...sometimes.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Who is actually here? - 04/07/08 03:56 PM
[Whinging] I miss my home.
Awwwww. But we'll keep a light glowing in the window for you, so you'll find your way back soon.
[Linked Image]

LabRat smile
Posted By: Fauve Re: Who is actually here? - 04/07/08 05:00 PM
I am only new here in the last couple of weeks...I love it! I live in Australia, it is 10 am Tuesday April 8 and I am taking a break in the vacuuming...

Fauve
Posted By: Beth S. Re: Who is actually here? - 04/07/08 07:37 PM
Welcome to the boards Fauve!

Beth (who is also here!)
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: Who is actually here? - 04/08/08 12:43 AM
Thanks, Labby. I'll keep and eye out for that light. laugh
Posted By: LabRat Re: Who is actually here? - 04/08/08 11:27 AM
Hey, Fauve
[Linked Image]

Anything that provides a break from hoovering is a bonus in my book.

LabRat smile
Posted By: araminta18 Re: Who is actually here? - 04/08/08 02:16 PM
*peeks out, waves* Hi, I'm here too. I've been lurking since the first season of Lois and Clark came out on DVD, and figured this thread was as good a reason as any to actually introduce myself. So yea, I'm here too. smile
Posted By: carolm Re: Who is actually here? - 04/08/08 02:26 PM
/me grabs duct tape and uses judiciously on all lurkers

No relurking allowed!!

wave

Carol
Posted By: lcfan4ever Re: Who is actually here? - 04/09/08 11:07 AM
I'm here almost every day, or at least every 2 day. I just don't write very much, since English only is my 2nd language and I often just don't know how to write what I want to say :rolleyes:
Posted By: Rona V. Re: Who is actually here? - 04/10/08 06:31 PM
I check in here just about every day to do a little reading to relax. I've been lurking around here for a couple of years, and I'm now trying to learn how to *not* lurk. I'm a wee bit bashful.
Posted By: BJ Re: Who is actually here? - 04/11/08 11:33 AM
wave

I check at least once per day. Obviously, not *this* folder, but I do check in on the fanfic folder pretty often.

BJ
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Who is actually here? - 04/11/08 02:21 PM
I'm here. Kinda. Sometimes. peep I stop by to lurk around every so often...

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards