Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I think it's time to call in reinforcements. Okay so my uncle had open heart surgery around the same time my grandfather died last month. (yeah, it's been a hell of a year, unfortunately.) The doctors just found a really bad case of heart disease last month with no warning. He almost didn't make it, but he finally got to go home, and now a few weeks later, he's back in the ICU and doing poorly enough to start getting phone calls about it. If you have any thoughts or prayers to send our way, I guess now's the time to ask. Frankly, I'm ready for 2008 to be over, and I'm a freaking wreck today, and I really just needed to stay to someone that I'm a freaking wreck since anyone I'd call is still at work. And know that I appreciate all your thoughts so very much.

Peace,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm so sorry JD, that sounds really rough. I'll be wishing the best for you and your fam at this time.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Features Writer
Features Writer
JD, I hope you don't mind, but I sent a request to pray for your uncle to my local Christian radio station here in MN. They are a taking prayer requests specifically today and I know they have some powerful prayer warriors on call today. I blind copied you on the email, so you'd know.

God bless you and yours with comfort and hope above everything.

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So sorry to hear your news, Jen. I've been there. Just hang on in there and know that our thoughts are with you. {{{{hugs}}}

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
(((Jen))) Your family has been included in my prayers, friend.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Kerth
Kerth
Oh Jen, I'm so sorry. frown I wish there was more I could do for you, but you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers. <<<hugs>>>

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm sorry, Jen. You and your family are in my prayers. May God strengthen and help you through this time. (((((Jen)))))

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm so sorry to hear that, Jenn. I'll be thinking about you and your family.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm so sad to hear this. My hubby and I will pray for you and your family. Times like these are so hard to go through but remember that is when he is carrying you. <<<<Jen>>>>

Footprints in the Sand Poem
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord, "You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Count me in, Jen. Your uncle will be in my prayers.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jen, these are very hard times for your family. My thoughts are with your uncle.

carol

Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you all very much for your thoughts and prayers! I actually know a few things now that my aunt has spoken to the transplant evaluators, and the fact is, he needs a new heart, but it's too soon for him to be put on the transplant list (just for reasons unknown to me because you can only get so much info through the phone tree), but they do have a few things they want to try. It sounds like his doctors are on top of this as much as they can be, and knowing that so many people are keeping him in their thoughts makes me feel like we're doing everything we can do right now, and I think that's the best any family can hope for.

God bless
Jen

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Jen,
What's the latest on your uncle?

-George Bernard Shaw
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Steph,

You know what, I actually haven't heard anything in a couple of days, so I'm kind of guessing no news is good news! (And good news for my phone bill heh.) I believe they put in a bivalve pacemaker, and it seems to be taking well. Not quite sure what turned the corner here, but...dare-I-say he might actually be around for a while. He's not eligible for the transplant list for another 5.5 months, and at the time it seemed like a moot point since he wasn't going to be with us that long, but...(*I'm raising an eyebrow in optimistic curiosity*)...

JD

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! That's great news!!! Keep us updated of any change. Woo hoo!! dance

-George Bernard Shaw
Features Writer
Features Writer
That is awesome to hear! per Steph, keep us updated. /me runs off to tell the news!

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So glad to hear that your uncle seems to be doing okay! Or at least, that he isn't getting worse.

Ann

Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
From my aunt:

I am happy to let you know that Keith has shown really marked improvement over the last 3 days or so. It is truly remarkable, even his cardiologist said how he is now defied all predictions. The pacemaker has had a positive impact and the additional pulmonary therapy he has been receiving has finally paid off even the transplant doc says his lungs are starting to sound normal.

If he keeps going like he is now, I expect that he will be released from the hospital as soon as Mon or Tues.

--

Thank you seems so inadequate, but thank you, from all of us. We needed a miracle, and we finally got one.
JD

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jen, this is so good news! I'm immensely happy for you and your uncle! smile May God keep blessing you and your family!

[Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay!!!! dance God is awesome!!!! Thanks for the update!

-George Bernard Shaw
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard