Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
OK, I am back in on dayshifts for the next three weeks, and for those who know me, mornings and I do not exactly mesh well.

So, how about a little poll to go with the morning coffee? (And yes, I realize by now it's the afternoon for everyone else except Hawaii and Alaska, and I should quit whining, but too bad.)

What is the last ...

1. Song you listened to?
2. Thing you ate?
3. Thing you drank?
4. Movie you saw in a theater?
5. TV show you watched?
6. Sporting event you watched?
7. Book you read?
8. Fic you read?
9. Vacation you took?
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)?

And a couple of bonus questions:
11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep?
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
13. What color are your shoes today?

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
What is the last ...

1. Song you listened to? "Alone," by Heart. Big surprise, I know!
2. Thing you ate? Cranberry-oatmeal biscotti.
3. Thing you drank? Cranberry lemonade, which maybe isn't the smartest choice on an empty stomach.
4. Movie you saw in a theater? "Juno," back in January.
5. TV show you watched? "Jon & Kate Plus 8."
6. Sporting event you watched? March Madness, baby! I watched my beloved Cougars kick the crap out of Notre Dame on Saturday! laugh
7. Book you read? I am in the middle of "Plain Truth," by Jodi Picoult.
8. Fic you read? "Vindication," by ML Thompson.
9. Vacation you took? I am SO not counting Pullman, (think Smallville, Washington) so Vegas, in January.
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? www.seattletimes.com. It's considered a good thing to know what's going on when you work in the news industry.

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? Put on chapstick.
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Look at my alarm clock, groan, and roll over. Oh, and put on chapstick.
13. What color are your shoes today? Gray with black trim and a silver buckle.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Never say I'm not a friendly bat... Especially to my pink buddies.

Last...

1. Song you listened to? Sharp Dressed Man. *giggles*
2. Thing you ate? A cereal bar, about half an hour ago. But I think I'll be getting me some chocolate, in a minute.
3. Thing you drank? Coffee, this morning.
4. Movie you saw in a theater? (edited, cause I remembered!) The Bucket List.
5. TV show you watched? I watched an episode of Lois & Clark last night. Yes, seriously.
6. Sporting event you watched? Formula 1 Grand Prix of Malaysia.
7. Book you read? oi... No Plot, No Problem! by Chris Baty.
8. Fic you read? Unless my own stories count, as I'm writing them, Green Fever would be the last thing I read.
9. Vacation you took? A real vacation: last December when I went to Vegas and Tucson. Else, I went to Québec City, the weekend before last, but only for a day.
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? Live Journal, of course. wink

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? Take my glasses off.
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Stumble to the bathroom (no, the first thing I do isn't put the glasses back on.)
13. What color are your shoes today? Dark grey. Same color as every day, cause it's the same pair of shoes I always wear)

Do I get a prize for this?

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
1. Song you listened to? Something VeggieTales. Not intended for the four and under crowd? Probably 'Lost Without You', instrumental version trying to decide if it would work for an FFT but that was last week
2. Thing you ate? Monkey bread from DH's men's group last night - brought some home for the kids, I finished it off wink
3. Thing you drank? Pepsi
4. Movie you saw in a theater? The Pirates who Don't Do Anything. Not intended for the four and under crowd... not a clue
5. TV show you watched? Well, NCIS is on right now, but that's a DVD. Does that count? Otherwise, I watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 with the kids this morning, but that was TIVO'd from last night.
6. Sporting event you watched?NASCAR two weekends ago. DH has had golf and stuff on since then, but I didn't really watch. He's also been watching basketball *blech*. I do get to see the Big League St. Louis Cardinals play the AA Springfield Cardinals on Saturday.
7. Book you read? Playground Problems. Geared for the over 6 year old... Not sure.
8. Fic you read? Am reading Going to the Chapel right now. Have read a bunch recently though including Tough as Nails earlier today which was good.
9. Vacation you took? *spews Pepsi all over everything* Vacation? In this lifetime? Okay, we went to St. Louis last May for our 10 year anniversary. I was 7 months pregnant and we walked everywhere. We're going to Florida sometime in 2009...
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? Archive. Email. Other email. When I get my 'stimulus payment'. What is a Tsunami [that one is research].

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? wonder how long before my 8 month old wakes me up
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? wonder how long it's been since I went to sleep and then realize it's only been about 90m and the 8 month old is crying
13. What color are your shoes today?Shoes? What shoes? I'm wearing white socks. And if I must, I'll probably put on my STL Cardinals Crocs or a pair of white tennis shoes

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay - I love these thingies laugh

Last...

1. Song you listened to? Here without you by Three Doors Down
2. Thing you ate? Cheeseburger
3. Thing you drank? Some peach juice in the afternoon
4. Movie you saw in a theater? Simpsons the Movie
5. TV show you watched? Friends (the one where Rachel tells the father)
6. Sporting event you watched? Probably the game of Handball I watched in January. I hardly ever watch sporting events, you realize.
7. Book you read? "Touchwood" by Karin Kallmaker
8. Fic you read? Nothing from here, sorry
9. Vacation you took? Los Angeles last spring? And that wasn't even real vacation... so, the last time real vacation was probably Denmark in winter 2006.
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? Livejournal wink

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? Cuddle my stuffed moose
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Shut off my cell phone and turn on my laptop
13. What color are your shoes today? It's been snowing, so I wear my yellow lined sneakers

Yeah, that was fun smile

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What is the last ...

1. Song you listened to? My roommate was playing "Crazy B*tch" by Buckcherry
2. Thing you ate? A gross enchilada from the school cafeteria
3. Thing you drank? Water
4. Movie you saw in a theater? "Funny Games". REALLY good
5. TV show you watched? The Colbert Report last night
6. Sporting event you watched? Uh... the Superbowl?
7. Book you read? I'm on the third book of the Dexter (yes, like the show) series by Jeff Lindsay
8. Fic you read? "Green Fever" by Editor Jax wink
9. Vacation you took? Pittsburgh last summer
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? www.waiterrant.net

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? pick a song on my iPod to wake up to
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? curse at the song I picked
13. What color are your shoes today? ribbon flats

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Top Banana
Top Banana
1. Song you listened to? Anastacia - Welcome To My Truth
2. Thing you ate? Dinner, which was the usual meat/potatoes/veggies
3. Thing you drank? Tea, sometime in the afternoon.
4. Movie you saw in a theater? Geez. That's been quite some time. Oh, I know. The Golden Compass.
5. TV show you watched? A few Friends eps in the afternoon when I put on the DVD.
6. Sporting event you watched? Must be the badminton tournament the weekend before last where I was present all day.
7. Book you read? Karin Slaughter with Indelible.
8. Fic you read? Foundations by Caroline K.
9. Vacation you took? A long weekend in Paris back in July for the finish of the Tour de France.
Hotmail and LJ.

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? Daydream.
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Turn around and try to go back to sleep.
13. What color are your shoes today? I didn't wear any shoes today, just my dark blue slippers.

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Goody. A poll. I love these things.

1. Song you listened to? Luke & Leia's theme from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi laugh
2. Thing you ate? A Lean Cuisine Chicken Club Flat Bread Fold-over thingy... very good
3. Thing you drank? Water Bottle
4. Movie you saw in a theater? I think I would have to say Juno also. I don't see very many movies in the theater these days...
5. TV show you watched? Hmmm... I guess that would have to be X-files on Netflix. I don't actually watch TV-TV very much cause we don't have cable frown
6. Sporting event you watched? Tough one... I sort of watched the Houston Rockets play ... someone the other day. You can see how well I payed attention.
7. Book you read? Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card
8. Fic you read? I've been reading so many parts lately. Complete fic? I'd have to say Green Fever. And what an excellent fic it was.
9. Vacation you took? My hubby and I went to Disney World over Christmas Break.
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? Facebook & Gmail

Bonus: dance
11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? I usually like to read a bit before sleeping but my hubby usually wants to talk so... either/or.
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Pretty much the same as Jenn. I hit my snooze about 5 times (I set my alarm about an hour before I really need to get up so I feel like I get more sleep), then roll out of bed and usually say, "this sucks."
13. What color are your shoes today? Dark Blue

Yay! Let's have more polls. These are fun!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Columnist
Columnist
This sounds like fun!

1. Song you listened to?
Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen. It was on the radio when I woke up.
2. Thing you ate?
Chicken Fingers
3. Thing you drank?
Milk
4. Movie you saw in a theater?
I also saw Juno. And it's not because I don't like movies. I'm just poor and can't afford admission
5. TV show you watched?
Haven't watched actual TV in a while because all the shows I watch are off due to the writers strike. But last week I had some last mintue panic/procrastination issues so I watched a couple epis of LnC to calm me down. (which is, by the way, how I got into this show in the first place)
6. Sporting event you watched?
Hah!
7. Book you read?
Do textbooks count? No? Okay, then I guess it's Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison
8. Fic you read?
I recently reread When Larry met Charlie by Wendy
9. Vacation you took?
Double hah! When you can't afford movies, it's a pretty clear indication of where you're going to be spending your time off.
I found this really cool museum website that had all kinds of acutal spy gadgets that will be useful as I write my latest fic

Turn off my big lamp and do the blind-man stumble to my bed because I still haven't bought a new bedside lamp after my old one shorted out a couple months ago.
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Press snooze. Many times.
13. What color are your shoes today?
That depends. With or without dust? The streets right now are very dirty thanks to the recent spring-like thaw. (not that I'm complaining about the warm weather!) Normally they are tan and red.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Perfect timing. I'd classify myself as an evening person/nite owl so afternoons are just a killer slump of procrastination for me.

1. Song you listened to? I think Do what you want by OK Go
2. Thing you ate? Cherry M&Ms.
3. Thing you drank? Cherry Coke. haha.
4. Movie you saw in a theater? National Treasure 2.
5. TV show you watched? King of Queens is on in the background.
6. Sporting event you watched? It's March Madness! I watched a dozen basketball games over the weekend lol. But I think the last game I saw was Mississippi St./Memphis, and I'm waiting to see W. Kentucky play Thursday afternoon.
7. Book you read? Just finished a really cute book called The Undomestic Goddess
8. Fic you read? K, sadly I can't remember what I read last night.
9. Vacation you took? Massachusetts to see my friends and play in the snow with their puppy. laugh
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? Facebook

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? I always have to read something before I go to sleep.
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? *snicker* I walk across the room, hit the snooze button, and climb back into bed.
13. What color are your shoes today? Blue and white. They're really kickass.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What is the last ...

1. Song you listened to? Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
2. Thing you ate? Pasta alfredo with grilled chicken from the pizza place that was actually really good.
3. Thing you drank? Hawaiian Punch
4. Movie you saw in a theater? The Kite Runner
5. TV show you watched? The Daily Show with John Stewart
6. Sporting event you watched? Figure Skating?
7. Book you read? The Little Prince, I forgot the author's name.
8. Fic you read? The last complete story I read was Green Fever.
9. Vacation you took? Wow! That's a hard one. I went on a three day trip to Philadelphia two years ago.
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? Facebook

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? I set my alarm.
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Go back to sleep. (I wonder if this is why I'm almost always late...nah!)
13. What color are your shoes today? Black and white

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Columnist
Columnist
Looks like a good way to put off getting ready for work. laugh

What is the last ...

1. Song you listened to?
Listening to So Far by Buckcherry right now.
2. Thing you ate? Egg drop soup at a Chinese restaurant.
3. Thing you drank? Just plain ol' water.
4. Movie you saw in a theater? In Bruges, good but very weird.
5. TV show you watched? Watched some South Park last night.
6. Sporting event you watched? Wow, it's been a very long time since I've watched sports. Does going to see Semi-Pro count? goofy
7. Book you read? The last book I finished was Choke by Chuck Palahniuk, but I'm working on Blaze by Stephen King right now.
8. Fic you read? I'm in the middle of Unexplained Events by StopQuidDont.
9. Vacation you took? It's been waaaaay too long. It was more of an exchange than a vacation, but my trip to France in 11th grade.
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? IMDB

Set my alarm.
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Hit the snooze button.
13. What color are your shoes today? My regular shoes are black, my work shoes are white.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Features Writer
Features Writer
What is the last ...

1. Song you listened to? Feist's My Moon My Man
2. Thing you ate? Onioned Steak
3. Thing you drank? Coke
4. Movie you saw in a theater? No Country for Old Men
5. TV show you watched? Scrubs
6. Sporting event you watched? Superbowl
7. Book you read? Yukio Mishima's Temple of the Golden Pavilion
8. Fic you read? I'm currently catching up with Alisha's Specimen
9. Vacation you took? Taking laugh I'm at my parent's
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? NYT

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? Close my laptop
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Make coffee
13. What color are your shoes today? No shoes. Flip flops

smile

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Kerth
Kerth
1. Song you listened to? "April Skies" by Jesus and Mary Chain
2. Thing you ate? Chicken taco
3. Thing you drank? Dr. Pepper
4. Movie you saw in a theater? It's been so long I've forgotten.
5. TV show you watched? Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I'm developmentally delayed and saw the show for the first time ever last night)
6. Sporting event you watched? I re-watched the Patriots self-destructing in the Super Bowl again a couple of weeks ago. Good times. Good times.
7. Book you read? (nerd alert) "The Uncrowned Kings of England: The Black History of the Dudleys and the Tudor Throne"
8. Fic you read? I hate to say, because I still haven't left them FDK. blush
9. Vacation you took? The last major vacation I took was two years ago when I went to Ireland for two weeks. I wish I was still there...
10. Web site you visited?(other than this one)? Hulu.com (which is where I got the free downloads of Buffy)

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? Set the sleep timer on my TV
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Hit snooze.
13. What color are your shoes today? I wore black open-toed heels (because Tuesday is the one day when I'm at the corp. office and don't walk to work. Any other day of the week you'll find me in running shoes.)

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
What is the last ...

1. Song you listened to? Love Me Do by Beatles (actually I watched this on YouTube)
2. Thing you ate? Chicken tikka roll & Ice-cream
3. Thing you drank? Mango Juice
4. Movie you saw in a theater? Charlie Wilson's War
5. TV show you watched? An episode of Charmed
6. Sporting event you watched? 3 years back - College Football
7. Book you read? Destiny and Human Initiative in Mahabharata by Julian Woods
8. Fic you read? Accidental Husband by Erin Klingler
9. Vacation you took? last December in Dubai
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? MT newsgroup on http://www.eamt.org on my laptop, and YouTube on my desktop.. my home-study is a L-shaped arrangement

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? drink water and take my glasses off
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? drink water, can't wake up without that
13. What color are your shoes today? still barefeet, otherwise black boots

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
1. Song you listened to? "London Calling" by The Clash

2. Thing you ate? French onion soup

3. Thing you drank? Milk

4. Movie you saw in a theater? "Sweeney Todd"

5. TV show you watched? "Mythbusters" on Sunday.

6. Sporting event you watched? The last Super Bowl.

7. Book you read? "Middlesex" by Jeffery Eugenides

8. Fic you read? Can't recall...

9. Vacation you took? Spent last Thanksgiving over in Uclelet/Tofino.

10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? Metafilter.

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? Read.

12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Feed the fish.

13. What color are your shoes today? Grey/white runners.

Femme fatale with a hopelessly romantic heart!
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I'm probably a mid morning-mid afternoon person.

What is the last ...

1. Song you listened to? youtube's clip of REM's new CD Accelerate.

2. Thing you ate? Ice Cream smile

3. Thing you drank? Water

4. Movie you saw in a theater? Maybe...Enchanted. I would like to go see Juno.

5. TV show you watched? A little of Trading Spaces this afternoon.

6. Sporting event you watched? I don't know but Dodgers Baseball starts next Monday! smile

7. Book you read? Baby Sitters Club Stacey's Secret Friend.

8. Fic you read? A He-Man one called Love Unspoken

9. Vacation you took? To the college town I attended in Northern, CA, last Fall.

10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? Youtube

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? Get one last drink of water.

12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Look at the clock.

13. What color are your shoes today? Whitish Avias.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
1. Song you listened to? Thank You by Rebecca St James
2. Thing you ate? Chicken and chips
3. Thing you drank? Coke
4. Movie you saw in a theater? The Other Boleyn Girl
5. TV show you watched? Charmed one of the second season episodes
6. Sporting event you watched? 2008 Australian Olympic Swimming Trials.
7. Book you read? I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) by Cara Lockwood if you have seen (or read) I do (But I Don't) this book is it's sequel
8. Fic you read? Green Fever by EditorJax
9. Vacation you took? Define vacation. LAst one would've been to Albury on the Victorian/NSW border and it was a youth group conference
10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? Facebook, gmail, yahoo mail and ebay.

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? Read or play a video game
12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? turn off the alarm and sleep for an additional half hour
13. What color are your shoes today? black

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Columnist
Columnist
Oh these thing are fun!!

What is the last ...

1. Song you listened to? ''It's Not Supposed To Go Like That'' by Rascal Flatts

2. Thing you ate? A sandwich

3. Thing you drank? Milk

4. Movie you saw in a theater? I saw ''Definitely, Maybe'' in theaters yesterday. Can't get more recent than that goofy

5. TV show you watched? ''Lost''

6. Sporting event you watched? A football match, although it has been a couple of years blush

7. Book you read? Well, it's a Dutch book, but I'm going to say the title anyway goofy ''De zomer van '45'' ("The summer of '45") by Carel Donck and Ella weisbrod

8. Fic you read? I read ''Platonic'' by Sue.S again for my birthday Friday goofy

9. Vacation you took? About a month ago, or less I went to the the Ardennen . I was nice and we walked A LOT!!

10. Web site you visited? (other than this one)? http://mcleodsdaughters.forumup.nl/ It's a Dutch site for another tv-show I like a lot goofy

11. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep? I set my alarm clock and listen to a little bit of music.

12. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Well, after setting my alarm clock off, I get breakfast.

13. What color are your shoes today? Black.

Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Top Banana
Top Banana
5. TV show you watched? Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I'm developmentally delayed and saw the show for the first time ever last night)
Beware Sue. That show is so addicting. Let me tell you. My sophomore year in college I started an unhealthy but wonderful addiction to Buffy that went all the way through college. I actually watched it so often I burnt myself out. Now I just love Buffy from a distance. I haven't watched an ep in almost 2 years! I'm pro Buffy/Spike. laugh If you keep watching them, you'll see what I mean. Also, Angel was a fun spin off. *sigh* Joss Whedon is a genious.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard