Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#215341 02/18/08 12:39 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey all! Ya'll have to check out this guy who sings girl parts in songs too. And he actually sounds good. You have to check out his version of "Oh Holy Night" by Celine Dion.

Nick Pitera - A Whole New World (Aladdin)

Nick Pitera - O Holy Night

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh wow! I just had time to listen to the first song, but my goodness - it's fantastic, and it becomes no less fun when you consider that this guy has such a "manly chin", too - actually, he looks a little bit like a young cartoon hero! But he sure can sing the princess's part!!!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ok... whoa.. cause that is... whoa.

ah! If I hadn't been looking, I swear, I would never have been able to tell that it was a guy signing.

very impressive!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
The guy is really good. That said, I wanted to point out that being able to sing high notes, around soprano range, it is an ability that is not at all rare for guys. In fact, it is not so much ability as it is skill, a vocal technique known as falsetto. Guys doing any kind of choral singing or musical theatre will know how to do it.

Granted, it is *not* an easy skill, especially to hit those high notes nicely, sweetly and with power. smile But thanks for sharing.

twins
metwin1

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The guy is really good. That said, I wanted to point out that being able to sing high notes, around soprano range, it is an ability that is not at all rare for guys. In fact, it is not so much ability as it is skill, a vocal technique known as falsetto.
That is true but most of the highest male voices in their falsetto voices are not usually a soprano. There are not as many male voices that can reach the soprano range. Most high male voices reach the tenor range and that sounds very high on most guys. The musical range starts with baritone, bass, tenor, alto, then soprano.

From Wikipedia:
"In most cases, male alto voices eventually crack and become tenor, baritone, bass-baritone, or bass voices. Some men, on the other hand, have permanent alto voices."

Males who can still sing in the alto voice when they are adults are called countertenors. One famous countertenor is Freddy Mercury of Queen. We all know how high his voice was and he was still not a soprano. So the fact that this guy can sing Soprano (a Celine Dion song no doubt), even if it's in his falsetto, is quite a feat.

Here's the info I was reading on Wikipedia:
Countertenors

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've seen this videos on youtube already last week (although I have no idea who gave me the tip to watch these vids confused ) and I think this guy is just amazing. when you don't see him you would never know that it's a man who's singing the female parts. just great smile

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
thud wow....

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
it's fantastic, and it becomes no less fun when you consider that this guy has such a "manly chin", too - actually, he looks a little bit like a young cartoon hero!
Ha! I thought the same thing Ann. He reminded me of Mr. Incredible from the Disney/Pixar movie. A much younger version.

-George Bernard Shaw

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard