Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#214306 12/28/07 01:07 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
OK,
so we were running "late" for this wedding that we were invited to, (lol, I know getting married in the same week as Christmas is bad enough)

low and behold, we had lost the invite with the address of the church...

we rang the family on the day before (Thursday) and got some details,

duh.... these were wrong
they said St So-and-so in the suburb of Such-and-such

but
when we got there today... ten min late..... the Church was empty....
this church happened to be a 1 min drive from the bride's parent's home so we knew as there were babies being minded there during the service we knocked on the door to get the real address...

they gave it to us,
and we drove to a second church luckily only 5 min away and arrived at a 2nd empty church now 20 min late....

getting really frazzled we now rang the family,
only then to be told the wedding is tomorrow on Saturday....

man what a day

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#214307 12/28/07 04:45 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, dear. LOL.

At least you didn't sit through most of a funeral before realising that you didn't know anyone else in the congregation or the deceased, beethoven - as a work colleague once did. laugh Turned out she'd turned up several hours too early for the funeral she was supposed to be attending.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#214308 12/28/07 05:49 AM
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
LOGGED OUT! blush

Speaking of embarrassments, here's what happened last week!

At home, I keep my mail and other forum sessions under "Keep me logged in". It's not a big problem at home since my husband is the only other person who uses the system and he pays little attention to what I browse.

Well... I followed the same in the office since I'm the only one who uses the system on my desk but we all have a common shared login on the LAN.

But, last week (on Thursday, I think) my colleague switched on my system to refer to the data I'd entered and imagine my shock when I went to work she commented that I'd got a new mail from my mother!

I pasted a big smile and shooed her away, hoping that she hadn't accidentally opened or checked any of the stories blush I've written.

I immediately checked the History/ Recent documents list and found that none of those had been visited that day and breathed a huge sigh of relief!

I don't think she'd visit anything deliberately or intrude in my privacy (she hadn't opened my mother's mail - she'd just said that the message had been flashing on my messenger list ever since she'd switched on the system) but still I was shocked for a moment!

I've deleted all the stories I secretly worked on at the office and cleared the "Keep me logged in" check box from all of my profiles, even though it is tedious to type everything again and again!

So, for the people who use office computers to do personal work, check if it's safe first!

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
#214309 12/28/07 06:35 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Beethoven, at least you can say that you're ending the year on something of a down note, so next year you have no place else to go but up!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard