Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#214129 12/03/07 10:49 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hey everyone! I've been a little absent lately. Reading fic was starting to destroy my grades so I had to take a step back for awhile. Anyway, I'm starting to wander back over here (and I started off with Nan's Second Choice and loved it!). I miss you guys!

Getting to the actual subject of this post, I will be going on a day trip to New York City this Saturday. I believe the bus will drop us off around Times Square mid to late morning and pick us back up around 8PM in the same place. I've been to New York before, but I was wondering what kind of suggestions you guys may have since you are my biggest resource. I'm almost done Christmas shopping so shopping won't be my main stop. Although, I'm not against taking a look around. I want to experience the city at Christmas and just enjoy the city for the limited time I have.

So does anyone have any suggestions? It's a limited amount of time and I don't want to spend a lot (if anything) on transportation so I have to be able to get places on foot. Not a lot of flexibility, unfortunately, but I would love to hear anything you may think of!

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why go on foot? Take the subway. $2 gets you just about anywhere in the city. (Or within a few blocks of it, anyway.)

Personally, I'd suggest going to Rockefeller center. You can see the tree and the ice rink and all the decorations in the area. And then go up to the "Top Of The Rock" observation deck on the 65th floor. Unlike the ESB, you don't stand in line for hours to get there. You buy your tickets, and they tell you when to come back.

You might also just want to take a walk up Park and/or Madison Avenues. The store window displays are really something to see. And maybe Times Square. And, of course, Central Park. If you go to the Plaza Hotel (at the bottom of the park), you can get a horse and buggy ride through the park. Just make sure to dress warmly.

Or... I don't know. What interests you? What kind of stuff are you looking for?

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I forgot I wanted to go to Central Park! I've never been there and a buggy ride seems like a lot of fun. Thanks!

I also forgot about the subway. I'm never really good a figuring out transportation systems. I'm known for getting on the wrong bus sometimes. But at least I won't be alone!

Thanks for the suggestions, Paul. smile

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Top Banana
Top Banana
FYI Minimunch, Be sure you don't get on an Express Line subway because those lines skip all the usual stops and take you to the next dot (it's either a colored dot on the map or an empty dot~ the map will say which is which). For example, my mom and I were in Central Park and were looking at the subway map. We saw which line we needed to get on to get to our next destination (which was only one stop away). We got on and it didn't stop... for about 30 minutes. We were in the Bronx, had to get off and come all the way back to where we had started. So, just be sure you pay attention to which sub it is you're getting on because the express line and the regular sub come up the same tracks. Once you figure that out, the're really quite easy.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard