Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Columnist
Columnist
1. NAME: Tina (family nickname - proper name Kathryn C.)
2. NICKNAME ON BOARDS - KaCee
3. LIVE - Ocean City, MD couple blocks from Delaware state line
4. WATCHING LnC - Started with first episode
5. OTHER SHOWS - NCIS, CSI Miami, Discovery Health channel, HGTV but I don't really watch alot of TV to busy reading LnC stories
6. CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT - my computer, my cameras, vanilla ice cream
7. THINGS CAN'T LIVE WITH - politicians they make me crazy, vacationers (I live in a resort town), reality TV (hate it)
8. FUN FACT - I'm into landscape and wildlife photography
9. LAST VACATION - last real vacation was in 2000 I went to San Francisco etc.
10. CHARACTER YOUR LIKE - Dr. Klein & Jimmy - Dr. K because I get too caught up in explanations and Jimmy because I'm always researching something on the web and I'm into photography. dance

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by JoMurf:
8. A fun fact about yourself? [b]I used to believe (thanks to my mom!) that you had an innie or outie belly button based on how the doctor tied the umbilical cord. Found out the truth when a frend of mine brought her newborn home. I didn't feel as stupid when I had to explain it to my OLDER sister!
[/b]
Okay - I have a newborn and 3 others, the oldest of which is almost 6... I'm still under that impression... We've had 3 different docs deliver. Oldest is a true innie and the other 3 are sort of in between [those two docs were in the same office though].

Could you elaborate for me? I'm truly stymied.
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Could you elaborate for me? I'm truly stymied.
Carol
Glad I wasn't the only one! I've heard something along the lines of the way each different persons muscles are arranged in their abdomen determines the shape of their belly button, eg round, oval or whatever. Don't know if that's true either. huh

I actually did a search to find out what that comment means, but gave up without having found a satisfactory answer.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
1. Name? James
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Mr_d8a, D8a, D8a's Muse Hunk(ok, so only Elisabeth says that...)
3. Where do you live? In a minivan next to Elisabeth, smack dab in the middle of the USA
4. When did you start watching L&C? Our first show was And the Answer is... and then we had to WAIT for the summer to end to find out what happened NEXT!!!
5. Other shows you watch? Star Trek (all incarnations), Stargate: SG-1 & Atlantis, Eureka, Dancing with the Stars, ANYTHING involving time travel.
6. Three things you can't live without? Jesus Christ, Elisabeth, my children.
7. Three things you can't live with? My parents, politically correct people, tofu
8. A fun fact about yourself? well, being a fanfic writer wouldn't be a fun fact on this board...I love image manipulation.
9. Your last vacation? Trip to Wisconsin
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Most like, Dr. Klein. I am always trying ot juggle a couple of things at the same time and I can forget that my glasses are on top of my head
11. Favorite Books: The Bible, anything by James White(Irish SciFi author) some St:TOS books.
12. Favorite Films: I am a sucker for Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy movies, Princess Bride
13. Favorite LnC character: Tempus, Duh!

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Belly buttons... A quick search on answers.com (very handy reference meta-search) turned up this page from "Ask Yahoo," which basically says... we don't know. Seems to be a random thing based on your abdomen muscles or something. A lot of theories floating around, but no definitive answer that they could find.

They do mention, though, that the cord is always clamped and cut several inches away from the baby, and falls off naturally later. (Which only makes sense. Humans and umbilical cords have been around a lot longer than civilization, doctors, and knives.) So it's nothing to do with how the cord is cut. It's just how the skin and muscles form when the baby severs the connection to what's left.

Anyway... Back to the subject at hand... Cool thread, Jenn. I've been keeping a bit of an eye on it, but putting off answering because I suck at answering certain kinds of questions (like "three things you ___"). I guess I'll give it a shot.

1. Name? Paul

2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Does HatMan count?

3. Where do you live? Well, to be utterly mundane and conventional about it... NJ, USA

4. When did you start watching L&C? Season 3, more or less. I watched intermittently before that, but the family had chosen SeaQuest a the show to gather 'round for. It wasn't until I stumbled across FoLCs on Compuserve and Rhen Brink's ficlist (the email list that eventually spawned the Archive) that I became a dedicated fan of the show.

5. Other shows you watch? The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Battlestar Galactica, and Heroes. Giving Bionic Woman a chance, but not sure how long I'll stick with it. Was a huge SG-1 fan, but can't seem to make myself care about Atlantis anymore. Mythbusters is fun when I catch it, and What Not To Wear when I'm in the mood and there's nothing better on (if nothing else, so that I can gape at the hideous clothes the hosts put on to show off their daring, cutting-edge style).

6. Three things you can't live without? Friends, sleep, chocolate

7. Three things you can't live with? ignorance, oak tree pollen, uselessness

8. A fun fact about yourself? I actually do own a beanie copter, like the one in my avatar. It was a gift from my sisters, back when I was in my early teens, and it was the inspiration for HatMan's signature hat. In college, my roommate ran into some people promoting the band Propellerhead, and came back with a free bumper sticker he didn't really want. It promptly went on the hat. For all that, though, I've only worn the thing a handful of times - most notably for the New England FoLc Fest 2000 costume party. I'd packed it to wear to the WAFF karaoke night, but sadly forgot when the day came.

9. Your last vacation? Annual family trip to MA last month. We've been going to the same place for as long as I can remember. Actually, it's the same place my grandparents went on a semi-regular basis when Mom was a kid. It's the one time of year when we know our family - including my sisters, who are now married with children and living in the big city - will be together for more than a couple of hours.

10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Clark, I guess. I've always felt a connection to him. Not surprising, since he was devised as an everyman of sorts. But that quiet, easygoing, down-to-earth guy... with an inner need to do whatever he can to help the people around him and make the world a better place... I'd like to think that's me, too. ... Which is why these last few years, needing more help than I'm able to give... Well, that's more than we need to get into in this thread.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
1. Name? ----- Yfke
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? ----- Selinde
3. Where do you live? ----- Holland smile
4. When did you start watching L&C? ----- About a year ago, maybe a little longer. (Yes, I know. How could I have missed it all those years blush )
5. Other shows you watch? ----- atm I'm watching Desperate Housewives (I'm at the 7th ep of the 1st season, but I'll catch up wink ) and I used to watch a lot of csi smile
6. Three things you can't live without? ----- Lois & Clark, chocolate, my cat smile
7. Three things you can't live with? ----- drugs, cigarettes and alcohol!
8. A fun fact about yourself? ----- I can get really geeky at times huh
9. Your last vacation? ----- To Kansas w/ my parents and brother, to visit family
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? ----- Lucy, I prefer to stay in the background, but I'll always be there devil

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
1. Name? Elisabeth--because I came on the boards before there were predators out here in cyberspace

2. A nickname people call you on the boards? see above

3. Where do you live? Now that I know about predators, I'll simply say "smack dab in the middle of the US map", but there are some among you I've met personally in my hometown

4. When did you start watching L&C? And the Answer Is... During that time we were starving newlyweds, so we set aside Sunday Night L & C night for "us" time and called it a standing date.

5. Other shows you watch? It's been a few months since I've seen ANY TV, with the exception of the opening episodes of Dancing with the Stars. When gas was still cheap enough that we spent money on the upper cable channels, I watched SG1 and SG-Atlantis, as well as Mythbusters. I also loved Sue Thomas, FB Eye--before Sars closed the show down.

6. Three things you can't live without?
music, faith in Jesus Christ, friends and family (That's three--right?)

7. Three things you can't live with? I'm fairly easy going.

8. A fun fact about yourself? When I was a kid my dream job was to be a "Pip" (as in Gladys Night and the Pips) or a mommy

9. Your last vacation? James said it was to Wisconsin. Our last trip to Wisconsin was for a funeral (unless of course he's talking about the family reunion we went to last year). We did, however, go on a mission trip to, of all places, Texas. James, the girls and I sorted shoes for orphans. They were getting ready to send a large shipment to Russia, so most of the shoes we sorted probably ended up there.

The truth is that money is tight these days, so we don't vacation much.

10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? I'm as skinny as Bobby Bigmouth and I talk non-stop like Star, but there aren't any characters as fun-loving as I am. Most nights James is still laughing when the lights go out.

11. Favorite Books: I love to read. I'll read just about anything that's G to PG-13. However, most of what I read is found on these boards here.

12. Favorite Films: Much to James' annoyance, I find movies to be a waste of two hours time. I would much rather spend a week reading the same thing than I would watching it on a big screen. Besides, it saves the ears.

13. Favorite LnC character: I like writing Lois, but this show doesn't have many characters I don't like--Perry, Jimmy, and Klein are among my favorites. Clark, too--of course.

edit--Oooh! I forgot Martha. I'm a huge fan of Martha Kent!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by HatMan:

They do mention, though, that the cord is always clamped and cut several inches away from the baby, and falls off naturally later. (Which only makes sense. Humans and umbilical cords have been around a lot longer than civilization, doctors, and knives.) So it's nothing to do with how the cord is cut. It's just how the skin and muscles form when the baby severs the connection to what's left.

So do they not tie them? Granted I've been sort of occupied while the docs take care of that... I know they use [here] a bright yellow clamp but always assumed they tied it off somewhere too... By the time I've ever gotten a good look at it it's pretty dried up and so on so it's hard to tell what exactly it's doing...

The things you learn on a fic board...

Carol

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
This looked like fun, so I had to join in with the rest of you all.

1. name. Terri

2. a nickname people call you on the boards. madmommy59, it sure wouldn't be twinklefingers-this hunt&peck is taking a while.

3. where do you live. Mat-Su Valley, Alaska

4. when did you start watching L&C. I'm a late comer to Metropolis. I found L&C on TNT.

5. other shows you watch. I like to watch Desperate Housewives, C.S.I.(Las Vegas), Dancing With the Stars, Food Network shows, and lots more.

6. three things you can't live without. Family, Friends, My kitchen and everything in it (love to cook)

7. three things you can't live with. Not a fan of bugs, any kind. I don't have much use for people who won't control their pets, there are several constantly barking or running loose dogs in my area. Not a big fan of bad drivers either.

8. a fun fact about yourself. When I use sign language, I talk with an accent (left handed )

9. your last vacation. I don't know if this counts as a vacation but I went to Eugene, OR to set up my youngest daughter at college. Down on Tuesday, back on Friday.

10. which L&C character are you most like & why? I'ld say I'm like Lois more than anyone else. I've been known to be a little stubborn, focussed, short tempered and all. But I do know my way around a kitchen.

it's all fun and games til someone looses an eye, then it's just a game.....find the eye
Features Writer
Features Writer
1. Name? Tonya
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Lovesuper97 - I love superman
3. Where do you live? Houston
4. When did you start watching L&C? From the very first show
5. Other shows you watch? Smallvile and D.H. or any show with Dean or Terri in it
6. Three things you can't live without? My cat my kids and internet (lol)
7. Three things you can't live with? My ex husband
8. A fun fact about yourself? People at work really call me Lois Lane cause they think I know eveything around there ( in case i always find out)
9. Your last vacation? Went home to New York
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Lois Lane cause when you get right down to it, she is just the most wonderful you'll ever meet.

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
1. Name? SuperGEM
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? GEM
3. Where do you live? I've been in Tennessee for the last 5 years, to the day actually, but I'm originally from Western New York.
4. When did you start watching L&C? From the beginning, Sept. 1993.
5. Other shows you watch? Grey's Anatomy, Smallville.
6. Three things you can't live without? My computer, my cat and horses.
7. Three things you can't live with? My mother, bad drivers and heat.
8. A fun fact about yourself?
9. Your last vacation? Vacation? What's that? wink
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Lois.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by EditorJax:
After reading Alexis' response ... uh oh, there are two of us Loises running around Seattle? wink

Why do I have a feeling that us vs. the Emerald City, we'd kick some azz? laugh

That being said, I am glad to know there are some other fans locally! I only know of a couple -- jude and carrotbat.
We should get together, and have a mini LnC fanfest sometime. laugh

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
1. Name? - Roger
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? - RL
3. Where do you live? - near Portland, Oregon
4. When did you start watching L&C? - From the beginning
5. Other shows you watch? - Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Doctor Who, Smallville, Bones, NCIS, Ghost Whisperer, Battlestar Galactica, Las Vegas, Back to You, Bionic Woman, Journeyman.
6. Three things you can't live without? - My family, my computers, and my new iPod touch.
7. Three things you can't live with? - Doctor and lawyer TV shows, politicians who won't leave me alone and keep taking my money, and hot weather.
8. A fun fact about yourself? - I enjoy historical dancing from old English country dancing to English Regency to Victorian quadrilles and mazurkas to American square dancing and reels to Viennese waltzing to jitterbug. I don't care for modern dance or singles dancing. I met my wife dancing and people tell me I'm a great waltzer.
9. Your last vacation? I spent a month in Karlshamn, Sweden back in July.
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? - Though Tank will probably never speak to me again, I'd have to say Jimmy because I'm a serious computer geek.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard