Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#213091 09/24/07 02:56 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I was reading this and I thought it was just the sweetest thing so I better join wink

I don't know as many people here as I would like, but I would love to give a hug to everyone who writes fanfic or makes musicvideo's or contributes in any other way to keep this fandom alive!! I didn't write any stories so far (I hate it, but I simply don't have any time) but I enjoy reading fanfic so much, please do never stop! A big hug to all of you and thank you for keeping this fandom alive.
And a big hug to everyone who doesn't mind that my contribution to LnC is limited to giving FDK (for the time being goofy !)

A big hug to all folcs in general!! I'm really proud of being a part of this fandom.
I never could've imagined a show being so popular after 10 years!

hugs Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#213092 09/24/07 06:17 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm with another folc. I don't know you all nearly as well as I'd like and have never posted a story but these boards are my fave hang out and I enjoy reading all your stories so much!! Hugs to all!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#213093 09/24/07 10:06 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Awww! Laura S *Big Squishy Hugs Back!!* for giving me some crazy idears and LaraMoon *Big Squishy Hugs Back!!* for being the mostest kickbuttly beta and ego booster a grammar-challenged writer can have! (And also for putting up with my Ambien-induced insanity... girl deserves mad-props for that!)

Now for hugs yay!

KSaraSara for being one of the first FoLCs I met online and for being the first one I met offline

Psychofurball for feeding my starving inner evil self and making me want to be a better vidder

Queen of the Capes for giving me some wicked plot bunnies and wowing me with her writing

TOC for leaving both some of the most wonderful FDK and most controversial fdk, and for making me think harder on some of the stuff I do

And oh cripes, the boss is coming I will be back with more later!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#213094 09/24/07 01:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's hard to make a list because I'd like to hug all the FOLCs. Let me try to name some of them:

Sue - My dear queen, I hug you back! I've been a fan of your incredible talent since your first story. And I could never forget Faustian Bargain, the best story ever! You gave me a chance as a beta reader even though I had never been a beta and English wasn't my native language. I absolutely love your writing! I'd read anything written by you, even a grocery list, because I'm sure that you'd make it memorable. You were the first writer to send me an email because you were missing me. I was over the moon that you'd care enough to send me an email asking what hell had happened to me. peep I admire you and your fantastic talent. You're spirited, vivacious, funny, charismatic and all the adjectives that you can imagine. I hug you and offer you crowns and flowers, my queen. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

DJ - because you're a very kind beta vidder and an amazing writer. I love your stories and videos. I read even your FDK threads. laugh I've always considered you a very special person. Maybe it's because we've the same age, or because we joined the boards almost at the same time, I don't know why, but I've sympathized with you since the beginning. I hug you because you are *you*! [Linked Image]

Raquel (Quel Lane) and Adam - (does a FOLC couple count as one? laugh ) Raquel and Adam are the only FOLCs I know in RL. I got to know Raquel when she lived here in Brazil, and though she's in the US for almost two years now, I can find her on boards. She's a wonderful friend and I'll be forever grateful for her incomparable promptness (she got me the whole L&C series on VHS when there weren't DVDs). A million of hugs to you, Raquel! I love your videos and stories (by the way, when are you going to write again? It's easier now that you speak English 24/7 wink ). I got to know Adam just on their wedding day but from what Raquel told me and from what I could see, he's a great guy. He's long absent from the boards, but he's a FOLC and I'm sure Raquel's trying to drag him back. wink Twice hugs! [Linked Image]

Some of my favorite writers (Erin Klinger, Jenni Debbage, StopQuitDont or 'Squid', ML Thompson , Caroline and EditorJax) - because you've written some of the most touching stories I've ever read. I love all of your stories. I hug all of you because you gave us The Long Road Home, What It Means to Love You, When You Needed Me Most, The Forgotten, A Gift for Life, House of Kent, Mixed Signals, Not a Day, Purgatory, What Are Friends For, Coming of Age, City by the Sea, Family Man, When Galaxies Divide, Cause and Effect, Lost in Time, Super Stud, Stardust, Field of Dreams, Inside Out... and such others wonderful stories that I love read and reread (those are just some of my favorite stories, there're many others). They're so sweet and moving that I've got them on my hard drive, so that I can read them again and again. All of you make these boards a great place and I can have a nice time enjoying wonderful readings. I should also hug you because my English improved mainly thank to your stories (my English teacher is always stunned that my vocabulary is better than hers). Thank you for your invaluable work and keep writing, please! You are top notch! Hugs to you all. [Linked Image]

Anna BtG - for taking time to watch and comment on my video and for being a very friendly person. It was nice to talk to you on msn. I hope your L&C muse overcomes you Harry Potter muse once in a while, so we can see more of you on L&C boards. wink ((((((((Anna))))))))

Ann (TOC) - Ann, these boards wouldn't be the same without you. Your FDKs are unique; sometimes they're as good or better than the story itself. wink Your passionate defense of Lois is admirable. I know that I could write 'ditto' under all of your posts, because I sympathize with your opinions and ideas. ((((((((Ann))))))))

FOLCs that left FDK on my videos (Another Folc, lcfan4ever, Shadow, Laura S)- thank you for taking time to leave FDK on my videos. It means a great deal to me. Hugs!

My list has seven... items (really, I racked my brain but I couldn't shorten my list). And there're more FOLCs that I'd like to hug, so... a big group hug! ((((((((FOLCs)))))))) [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#213095 09/26/07 08:08 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I want to thank Andreia for remembering me and giving me a hug. smile

I'd like return the hug and also send a hug to all the readers who have stayed loyal to my stories over many years. Your support is so much appreciated, even though it has been quite a while since I've posted anything on these boards. I'm afraid my muse seems to have gone walk about at the moment.

There are many folcs, who like me, perhaps don't frequent these MBs quite as much as we used to, but I still enjoy their friendship... LaurieD who is a wonderful friend and beta reader, Carol Malo and Chris Carr whose stories I have loved to read and even been privileged to beta read. Not to forget StopQuitDont, with whom I co-wrote A Gift For Life.

There are many more, but my list would be pretty long. So, thank you everyone and a big {{{{Hug}}}} from me.

Oh, and I have to mention my friends on Zoom's Mbs and IRC, ChrisP, Cristy, Deb, Lori, Jenn, Rachel and Seema, who are also very supportive of my writing and great fun to chat to.

I'm also happy to say that I have actually met quite a few of my folc friends and have hugged them in person.

I'm sorry, I think I've probably gone way over the set number, but I couldn't leave any of those mentioned out.

Yours Jenni

#213096 09/26/07 08:30 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well sheesh. I keep getting hugged, so I guess it's a good thing I don't have a phobia of being touched. laugh I already sent a big ol' hug to the people who also are newer and/or lurkers, but I am in a huggy mood, as inspired by my girl Jenni Debb, so here goes:

I'd like to give a hug to everyone who read and left feedback for my very first story, "Inside Out." I somehow managed to write it in a month and a half with the prompting and support of my readers, especially Sheila, TOC, jackiek, Vanda Detroit, lere, Lola Dane, Laurach, Ultra Woman ... and everyone who read it and didn't leave feedback (I'm just so happy anyone read it that I won't bother to yell at you for not leaving feedback!)

And I want to give a big pink hug to everyone on IRC who has made me feel so welcome in the FoLC community. I had been posting on both boards for more than three years before I got introduced to the chatting aspect of the fandom, and I love it. I couldn't have gotten through the last couple of months without Chris, Lori, Jenni, Deb, Rachel, Seema, Holly, Kate, Barb, and of course, Zoom, the queen of all things L&C ... .

... And a big hug to everyone from these boards who has come to visit over there recently! I've really enjoyed meeting Lara, Judy, JD, Sheila and everyone who has stopped by! Come again!

And yes, I know I have now hugged like 80 people, but too bad, you can't take my keyboard away. razz

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#213097 09/27/07 02:34 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
First time in the off-topic folder in months and look at this fun topic to wander into ... Whee!

I would be remiss if I didn't send a great, big, sloppy cyber hug to KathyB for getting me into Lois & Clark in the first place. She can pimp a fandom like no other. Here's to hoping LnC can woo you back from the Doctor, Kathy!

Also, many adoring hugs to ML Thompson as one of my most favoritest authors. Love to read and reread 'em, ML.

And finally, to JoJo and Framework (aka Patrick) for posting such great challenges in the fanfic challenge folder. It was JoJo's drabble challenge that first got me to write anything LnC related and one of Patrick's challenges that got me to write my first story. Which challenge, you ask? It's not finished yet, but it's moving along quite well. You'll just have to wait and see.
evil

A quick cyber hug to Hatman, for some of the funniest stories and video I've seen. Cracked me up. Another goes out to C_A for her awesome vignettes and the Motivational Posters thread. Thanks for the many, many laughs - they lifted my spirits during a time I really needed. And finally, to Tank, not just for the awesome stories, but for being a FoLC icon. Who else has an ending-type named after him?

There are so many that have provided me with hours of enjoyment, but I think I better stop there before I'm clapped in irons for breaking the rules.
laugh
Cheers!
BJ

#213098 09/28/07 04:07 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm going to hug Patrick, Tank, Paul, Terry and James. Because it's more fun to hug guys than girls, of course. And because Hatman and Tank are from the old crowd. And because I married James and I like to do more than just hug him, but since we're in public and all...

I'm going to hug Mufasa to say hello.

I'm going to hug Ann, Classicalla, DJ, Sue, Sheila, LaraMoon, JoJo and Lisa for being so faithful to the community in general.

And Nan and Labbie since they're old friends from back in the days when one set of boards was big enough for everyone.

Elisabeth
who only counts five on that list--and certainly none of them was hugged more than five times

#213099 09/29/07 01:46 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Thanks for the hug Sue. Now I wont have to er... hug myself.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#213100 09/29/07 08:59 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, I'm not the huggy sort, but I do feel that certain people have made this fandom really special for me and I don't think all of them know it. I'm sure some suspect (or flat out know) but...let's just bring it out there... smile

I would have never gotten into this fandom or stayed if it weren't for Sue . I'm stating this as a reader, first and foremost. Most of the beta work, I've done for her felt like a gift, like previewing a story before its premier. Its almost like cheating how as writer I am constantly learning from her. smile

Then there's Lisa who was one of the first people to read something I posted. Her comments were so interesting and the stories she's posted so insightful, that I asked her to beta. That was a really great experience for me. I learned a lot from her critiques as well and well, that's what I love more than anything.

On to the usual, because I agree about our admin extraordinaire. I really like how Labrat intervenes at times as the voice of reason. I feel like she's integral to the environment of this fandom, greeting newbies, providing info and so on. And she's always been just so nice when I've PM'ed with a question. smile

I also want to send warm fuzzies to Terry. I was impressed with not only the quality and fearlessness of his writing, but his eloquence and insight in his nonfictional stuff.

Also, the same applies to TJ. It's almost selfish of me, but I can't say enough how glad I am that she's back in this fandom and how much I appreciate her presence here.

I'm forgetting so many, I know, but when DJ, LaraMoon, JD , C_A, Maria or Hatman post, it just makes me smile. You might not know it, but I feel your being around makes this place great for me.

And of course, my nfic folder mates at the dark side of the boards (ethnica, Laura, jackiek, Sheila, Tahu, groobie, and the rest of the gang, both the old and new members). The nfic side might not get as much action (ironic isn't it?) as the regular side, but when it does-- even the fdk threads are ridiculously fun thanks to these ladies.

It's the bomb reading and writing fic with you guys smile

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#213101 09/29/07 03:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a lovely idea! smile

Even though I'm not around much any more, I'm gonna jump on this bandwagon. wink So, hugs for:

Annette, our Administrator in Chief, who set up these boards, maintains them, handles all the business of paying the bills, gets bugged by dozens of FoLCs every time there's a problem with the server, and so on and so on. You deserve it, Annette! sloppy

KathyB, who was Editor-in-Chief of the Archive when I first started writing and who was incredibly encouraging to this newbie author. She also took me on as a GE and I learned a huge amount from her. sloppy

Yvonne Connell, who was my first beta-reader, who helped and encouraged me through more stories than I could possibly count, and who needs hugs right now. sloppy

Group hug to everyone who gives up their time to BR fic for authors or to GE for the archive. It's a really time-consuming and sometimes thankless task. BRs can make such a difference to the quality of a fic - I know mine have. And GEs help to ensure that the stories which hit the archive are as free from errors as we can make them. And sometimes that is a really time-consuming job!

And a final group hug to everyone who has donated over the years to keep L&C fansites going. These boards, the Archive, Annesplace, the Kerths and altKerths websites, FoLCVideo: they all cost money, and it's only through fans' donations (as well as the hard work of their maintainers) that they stay up and running.

Even if I am spending most of my time in another fandom these days, FoLCs are still among the most fantastic online communities there is. sloppy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#213102 09/29/07 04:20 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Always great to see you, Wendy.

<<Hugs>> for coming back.

Elisabeth

#213103 09/30/07 08:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm back laugh And I'd like to hug everyone who's posted on this thread and I haven't yet hugged individually:

Lisa, Ann, Jen, Laura, Mona, symbolicangel, Jax, bakasi, Lara, Caroline, Sue, DJ, Jojo, Jana, Camy, Steph, Catherine, Andreia, Jenni, BJ, Elisabeth, SJH, alcyone and Wendy

for participating in this WAFFy thread that makes me smile every time I see new posts in it. smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#213104 10/05/07 04:03 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wonderful idea!
Thanks a lot for the hugs I got and thanks for all the group hug. That the first thing I wanna do too - HUG YOU ALL! ((((group HUG))))

It's such a nice place here and it is a pleasure for me to come in here and read so many great stories! dance

Jana also known as Schnuffichen, who was the first German speaking person I got to know here and we had a lot of fun on ICQ in the middle of the night.

Barbara also known as bakasi, who had the idea to the German board. Without you and Mellie it wouldn't have been possible to start a new German LnC Board. Thanks for your help!

Mellie also known as Lara Joelle! Without her I wouldn't have started writing fanfictions. At the moment I write in German but I'll translate them when I have a bit more time wink And thanks a lot to Mellie for helping me on my German board!

Jenn also known as Editor Jax, who is a great friend on IRC and is willing to help translating my stories to English.

Shayne, thank you so much for helping me with your ideas when I wrote myself in the corner.

And thanks to all the others, who are writing so many great stories, I really enjoy to read. I was enjoying House of Cards (by DJ) so much, that I made a FFP - the one and only FFP I made so far. I really hope I'll have time to make some more wink

#213105 10/05/07 04:36 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooh! smile1

I would like to hug everyone who leaves me such positive FDK on my nFic stories, but more specifically:
Gr8shades, Sue, TOC, and Laura S. wave

Writing nFic can be a shy and embarrassing thing, but you guys help tremendously to make it easier. laugh

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
#213106 10/06/07 08:47 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks Anna!!

*hugs back*

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#213107 10/07/07 10:42 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Hugs? Oh, there are many hugs I'd have to give. Well, maybe not that many, but to some people who have become very special to me during the last year.

First of all, there's Nancy (classicalla). She has become a friend rather quickly, and I desperately miss her constant company. I just hope you get to read this and find some time again. smile

Then, there's someone who's only lurking on this English board but our hotshot on the German board. Anne, who is responsible for most of our gfic and nfic. I'm glad to have you as a friend as well, and I'll never forget our meeting. That was priceless.

A hug to Vanda Detroit. We had lots of lovely chats, and I sorely miss those intense late night chats . But I could still kiss you (chastely on the cheek, of course!) for setting up and managing the German board. clap

Another big hug to bakasi. I like her sense of humor and, of course, her countless great fics. And let's not start with your contributions to the RRs we have under construction... Pity you don't have that much time any more. Still, I hope I'll be able to give you that hug in person sometime soon. smile

A very special hug to Ann (TOC) and her very thorough, very inspiring, lovely, lenghty, awesome, insightful and simply priceless feedback. I don't think I'd have been able to write a single full story without it. Ann, you rock!

To name someone who hasn't been mentioned yet (and seems to be pretty much on hiatus): A few hugs to Woody. You've made me laugh so often with your unique sense of humor. Just... *Where* are you?

Someone else unfortunately on hiatus: Darcy (DSDrqagon). Here's a hug for setting me straight on some false assumptions. (You know what I'm talking about...) It was an eye-opener. Thank you for that!

Last but not least, another group hug for all the wonderful people who keep this board alive, be it with their amazing stories or with the hard work they put into it. Thank you very, very much for your care!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#213108 10/08/07 01:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww, this thread is just so darned sweet.

Sorry, I had been out of pocket for a while and hadn't had a chance to look at this thread for a bit.

Now I'm all sniffly. To those of you who've hugged me, consider yourself hugged in return. [Linked Image] What a nice waffy moment to start my morning with.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#213109 10/08/07 03:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks Anna! ((((((anna)))))) *big hugs* smile1

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#213110 10/08/07 07:47 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Thank you Sue and here is the big hug
(((Lisa, Ann, Jen, Laura, Mona, symbolicangel, Jax, bakasi, Lara, Caroline,DJ, Jojo, Jana, Camy, Steph, Catherine, Andreia, Jenni, BJ, Elisabeth, SJH, alcyone and Wendy and last but not forgotten Labrat))) hyper sloppy to everyone else i didn't mention you are in there too. I love hugs.

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard