Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#213071 09/22/07 01:02 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I hereby declare this the "Hug A FoLC" thread! laugh

I have simply been struck by what a utopian fandom this is, compared to my other fandom experiences. We staunchly support and genuinely care for each other. We are always civilised and polite and are prepared to hear each other out and respect each other's views even when we don't agree with them.

And above all, we use good grammar and punctuation! No L33t in this community!

I think that we should have this thread to be completely mushy and openly appreciative of each other. Non-sentimental people need not join in, and will not be thought the worse for it.

1. Use this thread to send a hug to five FoLCs of your choice.
2. Tell them why they're so appreciated and why you're sending them a hug. Try to speak on behalf of the fandom as well.
3. If a single FoLC is "hugged" more than four times, don't choose him/her again. I hope that doesn't sound unfair, but I don't think this should turn into a "count the hugs" competition.

We can revise the rules if need be, of course. blush

Let the hugs begin!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#213072 09/22/07 02:14 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Lady_Mirth, I'll hug you for starters! ((((Hasini)))) I appreciate you because you're funny, supportive and just plain brilliant. I think everyone here would agree. smile

As for the rest, there's no way I could limit my hugs to just to four others. I realize I'm breaking the guidelines right out of the gate, but there are so many of you that have given so much to me in various ways, so how about this:

((((groupFoLChug))))

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#213073 09/22/07 05:53 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Let me, too, give a hug to Hasini for being just brilliant and for giving so much inspiration to others (do you realize that it was Hasini who inspired Sue to write Faustian Bargain?). (((Hasini)))

Let me also give a hug to Lisa, Mrs Mosley, for always being supportive and inspirational in her FDK and for bringing up the idea of a FoLC group hug! (((LisA))) (((FoLC group hug)))

Ann

#213074 09/22/07 07:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Non-sentimental people need not join in, and will not be thought the worse for it.
*snort* but I'll join in anyway.

Hugs to Ann and Maria for always taking so much time to leave feedback on stories!

Hugs to Lab, Annette, and any other helpers for keeping our little playground so organized and functional!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#213075 09/22/07 08:01 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks, Lisa and Ann! blush

I appreciate that it's hard to limit your hugs to just four people. Maybe we can just dispense with the four people rule and make it a maxiumum of ten or something.

I decided to wait and see whether the idea caught on, to post my own list, but I guess I should've gone first.

To Labbie, because she's the vigilant godmother of our little kingdom, and because she's a freaking brilliant writer, and has great taste in books and is one of the nicest people on the boards. ((((((Labrat))))) Because I can't imagine the boards without her and also for having the cutest username. We LUV YA!

Consider the individual who is Sue S. Aka Queen of Nfic/ Queen of Evil/ Queen in General. Not only has she helped keep the nfic threads alive and kicking for the past couple of years, and has a seemingly inexhaustible store of top-notch stories locked in her pate, she is also one of the sweetest people of my acquintance. Actually Ann, the only things I ever did for FB was to post the premise, beta two chapters before falling off the face of the earth and then be entirely too lazy to review it even though I loved it as much as any of you. And yet Sue keeps trying to give me partial credit! She is clearly a stubborn and deluded character. laugh

To be sure, considering all the plaudits that are being heaped on her, one would expect a normal person to become somewhat swollen headed. I keep expecting her to turn up one day and proclaim, "Kneel before Sue!" and therefore keep a pin-prick handy for head-deflation purposes. Yet she continues to be stubbornly normal and unaffected and generally the same as always, except for maybe wondering why I randomly keep waving pins at her. In fact, she does not even really believe that she actually can write for a living. We are clearly a singularly unconvincing lot, never mind all that FDK! Try harder, FoLCs!

So here's a gargantuan hug going out to our lovely Sue, just for being her own sweet self. May her FDK threads never run dry!

(((((SUE)))))

Classicalla , aka Nancy, has got to be the best Beta-reader on the boards. If you think otherwise, its either because you've never had Nancy beta for you or because these Boards are an even more terrific place than I know it to be. She's thorough and patient as a kinder-garten teacher and brutally honest and generally a gift of a GE. And she is also a godsend of a person, which I know as she just about saved my life a few months ago. So here's a hug to one of the strongest and most caring individuals I know. RL has been rather hard on her recently, as I have heard it, but we FoLCs are all thinking of you Nancy! ((((((Nancy)))))))

TOC, or Ann, as we all know her is an indispensable person for us FoLCs. She is a phenomenal and conscientous reviewer and waking up to her incisive, analytical, insightful and deliciously lengthy reviews is one of life's high points to newbie authors like me, and I think maybe even the oldie authors. I sometimes wonder whether she doesn't take more trouble than all us other fic writers put together; her reviews are always works of art and intellect in themselves, and I think I can glean at least a fifth of my secondary school education if I took the time to read all the reviews she's ever posted. Ann is definitely a teacher through and through, and I wish I had half such an intersting instructor during my own school days. I wonder if we do appreciate you enough, Ann, because I certainly can't imagine the boards without you!
So just to make sure you don't go anywhere, here's a big hug! ((((((((ANN))))))))

Fifth, to one Elisabeth Mosley, who doesn't really exist. We know her as either Lisa or Mrs.Mosley. One of the rising stars in the fandom, she is also a Livejournal buddy of mine who is several kinds of awesome at the same time. Always encouraging and sweet and ready to be somebody's ear. )Plus has great taste in books and movies!) My only quarrel with this lady is that she doesn't post her stories on here nearly often enough for me to get my fix of them. Let's hope a hug will encourage you to remedy the situation, eh? ((((((LISA)))))))

I'm also going to give a shout out to my wonderful LJ bud Anna B.The Greek who seems to have fallen into the bad habits of more lurkage and less postage. Which means that many of you won't have much chance to see for yourself what a wonderful girl she is. So I'm going to tell you now, Anna, get back here and start talking! (((((((ANNA))))))

And finally to Lynn M. although she has left the boards auld lang syne to pursue professional writing. It was a good choice, because even her fanfic was crying out to be published, but I know a lot of us still miss her. I stumbled on her blog a while ago and she's slowly working towards an agent, and she's doing well. Because she gave me some of the best hours of fanfic reading and because she's a real nice lady, I'm sending her a hug too, even if she probably won't be reading this. Good FoLCs should never be forgotten! May her work soon be in print! (((((((LYNN)))))))

Of course, I would go on for quite a lot longer if I could, but I'm sure all the other FoLCs will speak for the rest on my behalf. Also, I believe I've embarrassed enough people for one day. laugh Also, am sleepy. blush So I'm going to emulate Lisa and just hug you all.

(((((((((((((groupFOLChug)))))))))))))

Keep those hugs rolling, FoLCs! wave

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
#213076 09/22/07 09:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I thought this was a really great idea, so I'd give it a shot. I know I'm kind of new here, but I have grown to really appreciate so many of the people here.

So... A hug for

Sheila, who always gives the sweetest reviews and genuinely brings a smile to my face.

MetroRhodes (aka DJ) because her posts and responses always make me laugh.

Catherine Bruce because her stories are either absolutely hysterical or heartbreakingly... heartbreaking. smile

And then one for MrsMosley (aka Lisa) because she dragged me over here from fanfiction.net and told me about this board in the first place.

And everyone else on the boards who have made me feel so welcome here. smile

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#213077 09/22/07 05:03 PM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Aw, what a sweet topic! For that, you, Lady Mirth should get a hug, so here you go! (Oh no there is no hugging icon, oh well).

I'll say everyone but especially Labbie, Laura, Editor Jax Dawn (for everything she does for the archive), and all of you fine folcs reading this topic. clap (Well that does cover everyone.

Mona

#213078 09/22/07 08:01 PM
Columnist
Columnist
First, I want to give out a group folc hug, because after lurking on these boards for so many years, I finally came out of my shell and found out how awesome each and every one of you are. You all have made me feel very welcomed, and I feel fortunate to have this fandom to escape to when life gets tough--which is pretty much everyday. smile

I also want to send out a hug to DSdragon. Even though she's been on hiatus, she's still found the time to BR for me.

And I definitely want to send out a hug to Sheila, for she's been amazing. Not only has her help been invaluable, but her emails brighten my day.

I can think of several others that I'd like to send hugs to. LaraMoon, for her wit, and Laura S, for her wonderful reviews, are two that come to mind. There are just so many wonderful people in this fandom, it's hard to just think of a few.

So here's a hug to all!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#213079 09/22/07 09:31 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow! I feel special for getting a hug since I am not part of the A List over here! Thanks, Mona! I feel so special now!

I would like to give a hug to all the people like me, who post stories or visit the other forums, but aren't well-known and may feel like they're on the outside looking in a lot of the time. It's not easy breaking into or getting to know people in a group as established as this one.

So a big hug to the lurkers and those who don't post often. Hopefully getting a hug will lure them out!

p.s. I have really enjoyed "meeting" everyone who has stopped by IRC ... I hope that more people do!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#213080 09/22/07 09:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd like to send hugs to

Classicalla I, too, agree here that she's an awesome betareader. She never became impatient with me, even though I tend to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Lara Joelle Kent (formerly known as Olympe) the first Folc I could ever talk to in RL. She also used to give great feedback and still she does.

Tahu who has an incredible talent to cheer someone up

Vanda Detroit aka Babsi who did a great job in giving the German Folcdom a new chance. Let's hope that it'll survive

And last but not least:

LaraMoon who helped me about just as much as Nancy did.

There are some other people that I'd like to hug, but LadyMirth said we should choose five.

So I'll include the rest of you in a groupfolc hug!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#213081 09/22/07 10:02 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I think, since many people find it hard to choose only five, we should hug a minimum of four and a maximum of seven (?), unless you guys have any other ideas.

I'm also including a "hug back" option, if you want to return hugs, apart from the list of people you've chosen.

Editor Jax, it's surprising and a little saddening to me if we do make people feel excluded. Thanks for bringing that to the FoLCs attention. I hope anyone who feels that way know that there is no exclusiveness, and anything that feels that way is completely inadvertent. I'm not at all a prominent personage around here much less as A-lister (in fact I joined very late and is the lousiest of reviewers blush ) , but I've never felt anything but included and counted in this fandom, which is a part of why I love this place so much. I really hope we can make it the same way for any FoLCs who are too shy to come out of lurkage.

Big hug out to the lurkers too! ((((((LURKERS))))) Come out of the shadows, brethen! rotflol

“Is he dead, Lois?”

#213082 09/23/07 05:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! This is such a cool idea! smile I'm afraid my list of hugs might be a little long, because there are SO many people here who are special to me and deserve mountains of hugs... Lesse... smile

Jessi because she's always there for me and for helping to keep me sane most of the time. She's the best friend a girl could ever ask for. sloppy

Catherine Bruce because she always knows what to say to make me smile and because her stories never fail to blow me away.

Sue S. because she's wonderful all around - as an author and as a friend. She's always been incredibly helpful and encouraging. She's definitely a Queen!

DJfor being a really awesome beta and for being the first person to ever send me FDK on a story.

JoJo also for being an awesome beta, for introducing me to this really amazing thing called NaNoWriMo -- and... erm... WoW, too. *lol*

Ann for leaving the most incredible pieces of FDK any author could ever dream of. ...and for being one of the few here who totally gets my references to comic books and other characters. I love that!!

Laura S. and Selinde for organizing the ficathon!

Hugs right back to Barbara - thank you! And thanks also for posting a really wonderful story for my birthday, many months ago. I'll always cherish that.

Lots and lots of hugs to a really very special group a girls - they know who they are - because they provide the help and encouragement I needed to start on a path to better living and *staying there*. You girls totally rock!!

To everyone who leaves FDK on stories - because you have no idea how much it makes our day when you do. Really.

To everyone who posts stories, because you provide us with a few minutes of living in a fantasy world every time you post and it's SO worth it.

To the people here who work behind the scenes - the boards, the archives, the kerths - we can't thank you enough for all the work you do every day.

And hugs to Hasini for having this really cool idea for a thread. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#213083 09/23/07 07:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hasini!

Here's a hug-back to you (((((((((((((Hasini))))))))))))) for trying to wake me up, so to speak :p I'm sorry for not being as active anymore... university life has got me busy!

I'd also like to hug LabRat and Lauren for keeping the Archive up and running. Hugs also to Annette, for maintaining the boards - especially since they seem to have been a pain lately!

And I'd like to send one last "named" hug to Mufasa, my good RL friend who just joined these boards. Hope you'll like it here!

Group hug to all the rest of you guys (((((((((((((((((((((((((FoLCs))))))))))))))))))))))))) - thank you for being such a big and fun part of my life for over 4 years.

Can we hand out more hugs later? laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#213084 09/23/07 09:20 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I can see that my name is mentioned *shifty eyes*

Since I only know one FoLC, I can only hug one. I hope that doesn't deprive me from the right to post.

I could hug four totally unknown to me persons, it wouldn't be the first time;(XD) but I don't find it appropriate (yet).

I hug Anna B. laugh laugh laugh . Since she has numberless advantages, I will just say that I appreciate her for what she is, and what she makes me feel when I'm with her. Thank you Anna!

P.S.:I will return the hug another time XD.

What I've felt,
What I've known,
Never shined through in what I've shown.
#213085 09/23/07 10:55 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Oh, what a lovely idea!

I want to give a hug to every person who has ever GE'd a story for me. When I first came to this fandom, I was dumbfounded by the fact that someone I didn't even know would put so much effort into something I'd written - into helping me not to look like an idiot and into helping the archive maintain its wonderfully high standards. I've written a fair few stories now, and that feeling has never completely worn off.

So, huge FoLC hugs to Sherry, Paul, Nancy, Sara, and Jeanne! It has been a pleasure working with each and every one of you, and I appreciate your efforts more than I can say.

And, like Anna, I have to mention LabRat and Lauren, who do such a fabulous job of keeping the archive running. I've been involved in several fandoms over the years, and I've never seen one that can touch this one for efficiency, quality, and sheer class. Hugs to both of you for all you do to provide readers with such a great, centralized archive of excellent stories.

*hugs*

Caroline

#213086 09/23/07 11:21 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Warning - I'm going to break some of the rules Hasini laid down. But I have far too many people to thank and I'm grateful for a public forum to do it in.

Sara (tvnerdgirl) - The only person willing to take a chance on an unknown writer and beta for me. I would not have finished that first story without her encouragement and support. Sara got caught up with school and moved on, but I still think about her all the time and hope that someday she'll come back. I miss her and her sense of humor.

DJ (MetroRhodes) - My beta, my muse, my publicist, my therapist, my conscience, my swift kick in the backside, my biggest fan - I simply don't function without her. I would be *nothing* without her. I know it. I acknowledge it freely.

Jackiek - The first person to leave me feedback. You never forget your first.

Ann (TOC) - The first person to make me think more than twice about what I was writing. When I realized my words were being analyzed, I became a lot more picky. I polish and tweak my stories far more than I would have without Ann and her amazing and extremely thorough reviews.

LaraMoon - Beta extraordinaire. The only FoLC I've met in person and definitely my favorite traveling companion. I thank you for the laughs and for never saying out loud, "Are you insane?" Especially since she knows for a fact that, yes, I am insane.

Hasini - For the hug, which touched me deeply. For the idea that led to Faustian. But most of all for keeping me grounded in a year that really should have gone to my head. There's nothing like a reality check from Hasini.

alcyone - Brilliant beta. An even more brilliant writer. She has inspired me in countless ways but especially to get in touch with my dark side.

People who leave FDK: Be it one line or a dissertation, I want to hug everyone who has ever left me FDK. Especially the gang from the summer of '06 who turned the FDK threads for Faustian Bargain on the Nfic boards into such a party. I can't express to you how amazing that was for me. I hate to list names, because I'm terrified that I'm going to leave someone out, but here are the people who come readily to mind (leaving out those I've already hugged above): Lisa (Mrs. Mosely), Sheila, woody, Jojo, Jen (Shadow), Arawn, Andreia, poussin, SJH, sarahk, Linda (doublel), lovesuper97, SuperRoo, laurach, Maria, groobie, mmprincess, tahu, LolaDane, Nancy (Classicalla), Amy21, MissQ, Lar, ethnica, Vicki and ChaBreh. Oh, please, please, please don't hate me if I didn't mention your name! I know I'm leaving people out and it's killing me! That was such a crazy, wonderful, absolutely magical time for me and it was entirely because of every single person who joined the party. I can never begin to thank you enough.

I know there's a cap on hugging people more than four times, but I have to say thank you to all our admins for creating and maintaining these boards. They've put a staggering amount of work into this venture and I hope that they find it even half as rewarding as the rest of us.

I had to comment on this:
I would like to give a hug to all the people like me, who post stories or visit the other forums, but aren't well-known and may feel like they're on the outside looking in a lot of the time. It's not easy breaking into or getting to know people in a group as established as this one.
No, it's NOT easy breaking in to *any* established group. Just keep writing! I didn't find this site until 2006 and I was a complete unknown. I couldn't even get someone to beta for me. I was absolutely positive that it would be impossible to break into a fandom as established as this one. My first story got only a handful of feedback. It did feel like being on the outside looking in. But I kept at it, worked very hard at writing, and got lucky. It's been my experience that the people here are very supportive and friendly and willing to reward hard work.

Hugs to everyone! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#213087 09/23/07 01:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay... if I didn't *read* the rules, then I can't really *break* them... can I? Huh? What do you mean that's nonsensical? It makes perfect sense to me...

*ahem* <refuses to read original or revised rules and if she breaks them, will accept the consequences>

These are in no way in "order of importance" <wonders if she should make them alphabetical order, just to be sure>

Maybe if hug Hasini first, she'll cut me some slack on the rules. <g> [Linked Image]

And I have to throw a jaw drop in there for the hug from Laura S (This is a return hug - I believe I saw something about that not counting <g> And no, that does not mean I read the rules) -- Laura!!! [Linked Image] Thank you! Eeeeee! I'm so glad my fdk could bring a smile to your face. Awwwww!

Ooooh, and another return hug! To Laramoon! [Linked Image]This is great! Lara, you are so wonderful to me in the fdk you give me. I had no idea I was your first fdbker!!! WOW! I'm thrilled that I was. <g> And you get a hug for being such a wonderfully picky beta reader too. Yes, picky can be a very good thing. <g>

And Sue!!!!!! <Yay! I love that I get to count all these hugs as return hugs... hee hee> [Linked Image] OMG! I can't believe you said all those things about me!!! <weeps openly> That was so incredibly sweet of you to say - but you know it goes both ways. How would I be anything without you, either? Hmmmm? How would I even get the nerve to POST?!? And I have so much fun reading all those snarky comments. <g> My friend, my beta, my inspiration... You are my queen! <drops to one knee in humble acknowledgement> [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Like I said, I didn't read the rules... <insert picture of Pinnochio's nose> and I didn't count the number of times that Labby had been hugged anyway. So I'm gonna hug Labby [Linked Image] as well as all of the admins for the wonderful job they do on our fantastic forum.

Not to be a copy cat cat but I want to hug the person who left me my first fdk on my first story and that hug goes out to FinLi [Linked Image] FinLi, wherever you are - I miss you. I love your stories. They are always so fresh and original. Please don't stay away too long.

A hug goes out to TOC <"Ann" has received several hugs... but I don't think "TOC" has <snort> What do you mean that's a technicality?> [Linked Image] for always leaving me such wonderful fdk. There were times when I was a new writer on the boards, that I would have almost given up and quit posting - because I wasn't sure anyone was reading. But Ann was always reading. <g> She gave me just enough of a boost to keep posting. Thanks Ann!

I also want to hug Nancy [Linked Image] for her fdk, her enthusiasm, and her willingness to always help me out with any medical related question. I miss you, Nancy.

<looks up at hugs... 4... still denies knowing the rules, but 7 happens to be my favorite number - so I'm gonna keep going>

A hug for Lisa [Linked Image] to encourage her to finish that story... laugh and also for all the great fdk she's given to me.

A hug to Jojo [Linked Image] for always leaving me fdk... no matter how big or small or how late it is. I LOVE your fdk.

Darn! Darn, darn, darn! Only one more hug left!!! This hug goes out to Tank. <<<<<<<HUG>>>>>>> Just for being Tank. <g> The boards wouldn't be the same without you or your stories.

Okay, these hugging rules don't apply to group hugs, right? RIGHT? Awww, common! I get one group hug, don't I??? [Linked Image] This is a group hug to encompass all those that I couldn't fit in my other hugs... I want to hug anyone who has ever beta read for me (including my first beta reader - Nan) and anyone who has ever done a GE for one of my stories and this hug also includes anyone who has EVER left me even a single word of fdk - whether public or private and to anyone who has ever made me a trailer (Kelli) or a poster (Vanda) or anything else... and finally this hug just encompasses this wonderful fandom and all you wonderful FoLCs out there. <sniffle> This is a great place!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#213088 09/23/07 03:33 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hasini - For the hug, which touched me deeply. For the idea that led to Faustian. But most of all for keeping me grounded in a year that really should have gone to my head. There's nothing like a reality check from Hasini.
Dude! I'm sayin' nothing!
rotflol rotflol rotflol

See what I mean about all those pins? It was DELIBERATE! *cackles manically*

And Mufasa , welcome to the Boards! Quit hanging around Anna and her bad lurking habits and post more often! laugh We already love having you here!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

#213089 09/23/07 08:07 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you all for the hugs. smile I needed them tonight.

I want to hug you all. smile I just want to tell all of you how much I appreciate the friendships I have made. It has been so amazing getting to know some of you ladies (and men!) and to see so many strong people whom I admire. I have come to appreciate writing so much more since joining this fandom. It has actually spoiled me so much that it is hard for me to read other fandom's fanfiction (and some romance novels ^_~).

I'd also love to hug all my new LJ friends. I am slowly getting to know so many of you better through your entries. Thank you so much for your comments on my woes and thank you for sharing a bit of your stories with me.

It is amazing the group of people we have on the boards and amazing how strong and opinionated each of you are. I love hearing your side of things and even when you get in heated debates it is always fascinating to see all of you stick by your opinions and give well informed answers to why you do so. It is really refreshing in a time when you don't find many people this invested in a fandom. ^_^

sloppy

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#213090 09/23/07 09:40 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Geeeez, this is going to be hard...

So, first of all there's a big hug to Laramoon because she's just there in times when I just want to talk to somebody to make sure there actually *is* someone who would like to talk to me (if that makes any sense).

Further more to my girls (oh, I really hate it when other people do this) who know exactly who they are and why I love every single person of them. You truly showed my new perspectives and the fact that no day won't pass without thinking of you never ceases to amaze me.

Then there's Babsi of course, although I don't know what her current name on the boards is, because at least in IRC she used to change it a couple of times. The most recent I knew was Vanda Detroit. Anyway, since that day we "met" I loved to ICQ with her and she was often awake with me in the middle of the night wink

Oh, and Rachel aka Psychofurball because I've admired her wonderful diverse videos since I started here. I always felt a bit intimidated around her because she's such a great role model but when I got to know here "personally", I realised that furthermore she's also very considerate and interested in other people's wellbeing.

I won't forget Paul-Gabriel Wiener aka Hatman because he's so considerate and spends a lot of time in thoughtful and detailed posting, here as well as in LJ.
Plus, his birthday over one year ago was the reason why Sara posted the first music video I ever watched.
So, I have to hug her as well because vidding turned my life upside down, it gave me a new connection to my beloved Dad and a certain reputation at work, a job I wouldn't have gotten without thorough knowledge in doing videos wink

And, of course, there's still enough love left in me ot hug every FoLC there is smile
(((((((((FOLCs))))))))

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard