Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'll be in #loisclark tomorrow between roughly 10pm till midnight (maybe earlier, maybe later, who can tell, but definitely between those times laugh ).

That's UK time - sorry, not sure what that would be elsewhere in the world.

Hoping some of you can join me for a chat! Looking forward to it. smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm, if you are in the same time zone as London... then that would be roughly about 3-5pm PST for the US folks:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=136 (to judge when it is for you).

This means sadly I won't be there. smile I don't get off work until 5pm. smile But I'll jump on after that to see if anyone is still around. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
That's about 4-6 pm here, and I won't be home yet! frown Too bad, but maybe I'll see you in there some other time!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
10 pm British time would usually be 5pm Eastern - we're GMT-5. However, because the US and Canada moved to summer time this weekend and the UK won't move for another few weeks, at present we're GMT -4, so 10pm in the UK is 6pm for us. LabRat will therefore be in IRC from 6-8pm EST.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Wendy. thumbsup

I didn't think this timeline would be problematic for anyone in the US because before - when I was in irc chatting regularly - we had a good mix of US and UK FoLCs chatting from 8pm till midnight (and beyond), UK time.

I recall that we often had US FoLCs chatting who would say that they were heading home from work (obviously chatting at work) who would then leave the channel and return about an hour or so later (chatting from home). So that timeline we used to work with must have straddled US end of work times at some point.

8pm these days is a little early for me. But I can certainly stay on later than midnight if I'm having fun. laugh

So do pop in anyway, when you can. You never know - some of us might still be around. wink And once we get chatting on irc regularly, it won't take long to work out the optimum time for US and UK FoLCs to fit together.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll do my best to drop by! I haven't been on irc in quite a while and I miss the fun there!

Kae smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If it's 6-8 EST, I'll be there. smile (unless my saying so actually makes people flee, in which case, I didn't say anything *lol*)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Good idea, Labby!

I've been thinking we should schedule a time for people to try to pop in, since it's been so quiet lately and all of us popping in randomly isn't really working <g>.

I have tutoring tomorrow afternoon, but I'll try to be there afterwards smile If not, maybe next week?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I haven't been on irc in so long, I've probably forgotten how [g]. But if everyone's trying to be there, I'll try, too - probably around 6:30, 7ish EST.

Tracey smile

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay - that's the spirit! smile1

Getting quite excited, now. laugh

maybe next week
Don't see why not. I don't think I'll get back to spending every night in irc from 8pm to midnight, but two or three times a week would be cool. And the good thing about not having to get up for work next morning and having a firefighter husband who works overnight two nights a week, means that at least a couple of times a week I can continue chatting into the small hours of the morning quite happily.

So one way or another, I'm sure we can find a convenient time to suit.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
LabRat will therefore be in IRC from 6-8pm EST.
Thanks, Wendy. I can't believe I got the times that far off! blush

*goes off to search for the #loisclark password*

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Let's see... I'm in Australia (GMT+10) except we're on daylight savings so it's really GMT+11 so... 9-11am on Wednesday for me.

ugh, I won't be home. And I don't have an IRC program anyway... blush

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Features Writer
Features Writer
oh cool!
I hope I don't forget, but I'll try to be there smile
It's 11pm for me (CET)

Barb

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay - so that means I need to DL mIRC sometime today and try desperately to remember how to log on etc...

Maybe I'll have to try long before Rat gets there so that I can email someone desperately searching for help before it's too late smile .
Carol

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
*dances*

YAY!! Got it DL'd and am in smile ! Even emailed Missy about it smile .
Carol

Kerth
Kerth
I think I should log in now. Who knows who's there already? *g* I'm a little nervous, though, since I've never been on IRC before.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ pouts>

I'll still be at work when you all begin the chat on IRC and I absolutely have to go by the grocery store on my way home.

Let's see - I'm in CST which would be the 5:00 to 7:00 range. If I hurry at the grocery store, I could make it home by 6:00... possibly... maybe...

So maybe I can still catch the tail end of it! I'll see you all there if I can make it!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm currently still at work, and then I've got to stop by a sport/bait shop to get my bow re-strung, then I can go home and get some dinner while I wait for my sister to come over (she wants me to beta a chapter of her first fanfic--a BtVS story--for her). Then after that, I've got a couple of ladies from church coming over for a little while. So I'm definitely going to have to miss the IRC chat.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
The chat's on now! Everyone who's anyone is there! Or should be, anyway. wink Where are you?

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Wishing my computer was working is where I am.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard