Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LabRat IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 11:09 AM
I'll be in #loisclark tomorrow between roughly 10pm till midnight (maybe earlier, maybe later, who can tell, but definitely between those times laugh ).

That's UK time - sorry, not sure what that would be elsewhere in the world.

Hoping some of you can join me for a chat! Looking forward to it. smile1

LabRat smile
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 01:53 PM
Hmmm, if you are in the same time zone as London... then that would be roughly about 3-5pm PST for the US folks:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=136 (to judge when it is for you).

This means sadly I won't be there. smile I don't get off work until 5pm. smile But I'll jump on after that to see if anyone is still around. ^_^
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 03:08 PM
That's about 4-6 pm here, and I won't be home yet! frown Too bad, but maybe I'll see you in there some other time!
Posted By: Wendymr Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 03:33 PM
10 pm British time would usually be 5pm Eastern - we're GMT-5. However, because the US and Canada moved to summer time this weekend and the UK won't move for another few weeks, at present we're GMT -4, so 10pm in the UK is 6pm for us. LabRat will therefore be in IRC from 6-8pm EST.

Wendy smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 04:03 PM
Thanks, Wendy. thumbsup

I didn't think this timeline would be problematic for anyone in the US because before - when I was in irc chatting regularly - we had a good mix of US and UK FoLCs chatting from 8pm till midnight (and beyond), UK time.

I recall that we often had US FoLCs chatting who would say that they were heading home from work (obviously chatting at work) who would then leave the channel and return about an hour or so later (chatting from home). So that timeline we used to work with must have straddled US end of work times at some point.

8pm these days is a little early for me. But I can certainly stay on later than midnight if I'm having fun. laugh

So do pop in anyway, when you can. You never know - some of us might still be around. wink And once we get chatting on irc regularly, it won't take long to work out the optimum time for US and UK FoLCs to fit together.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Kaethel Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 04:15 PM
I'll do my best to drop by! I haven't been on irc in quite a while and I miss the fun there!

Kae smile
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 04:36 PM
If it's 6-8 EST, I'll be there. smile (unless my saying so actually makes people flee, in which case, I didn't say anything *lol*)
Posted By: Kaylle Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 04:57 PM
Good idea, Labby!

I've been thinking we should schedule a time for people to try to pop in, since it's been so quiet lately and all of us popping in randomly isn't really working <g>.

I have tutoring tomorrow afternoon, but I'll try to be there afterwards smile If not, maybe next week?
Posted By: traceylynn Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 06:05 PM
I haven't been on irc in so long, I've probably forgotten how [g]. But if everyone's trying to be there, I'll try, too - probably around 6:30, 7ish EST.

Tracey smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 06:41 PM
Yay - that's the spirit! smile1

Getting quite excited, now. laugh

maybe next week
Don't see why not. I don't think I'll get back to spending every night in irc from 8pm to midnight, but two or three times a week would be cool. And the good thing about not having to get up for work next morning and having a firefighter husband who works overnight two nights a week, means that at least a couple of times a week I can continue chatting into the small hours of the morning quite happily.

So one way or another, I'm sure we can find a convenient time to suit.

LabRat smile
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 06:48 PM
LabRat will therefore be in IRC from 6-8pm EST.
Thanks, Wendy. I can't believe I got the times that far off! blush

*goes off to search for the #loisclark password*
Posted By: Aromassa Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/12/07 09:09 PM
Let's see... I'm in Australia (GMT+10) except we're on daylight savings so it's really GMT+11 so... 9-11am on Wednesday for me.

ugh, I won't be home. And I don't have an IRC program anyway... blush
Posted By: Vanda Detroit Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 01:31 AM
oh cool!
I hope I don't forget, but I'll try to be there smile
It's 11pm for me (CET)

Barb
Posted By: carolm Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 07:34 AM
Okay - so that means I need to DL mIRC sometime today and try desperately to remember how to log on etc...

Maybe I'll have to try long before Rat gets there so that I can email someone desperately searching for help before it's too late smile .
Carol
Posted By: carolm Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 07:46 AM
*dances*

YAY!! Got it DL'd and am in smile ! Even emailed Missy about it smile .
Carol
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 12:32 PM
I think I should log in now. Who knows who's there already? *g* I'm a little nervous, though, since I've never been on IRC before.
Posted By: Matrix Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 12:42 PM
<DJ pouts>

I'll still be at work when you all begin the chat on IRC and I absolutely have to go by the grocery store on my way home.

Let's see - I'm in CST which would be the 5:00 to 7:00 range. If I hurry at the grocery store, I could make it home by 6:00... possibly... maybe...

So maybe I can still catch the tail end of it! I'll see you all there if I can make it!

-- DJ
Posted By: DSDragon Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 01:00 PM
I'm currently still at work, and then I've got to stop by a sport/bait shop to get my bow re-strung, then I can go home and get some dinner while I wait for my sister to come over (she wants me to beta a chapter of her first fanfic--a BtVS story--for her). Then after that, I've got a couple of ladies from church coming over for a little while. So I'm definitely going to have to miss the IRC chat.
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 03:16 PM
The chat's on now! Everyone who's anyone is there! Or should be, anyway. wink Where are you?

Sara laugh
Posted By: woody Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 04:08 PM
Wishing my computer was working is where I am.
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 04:45 PM
*is still at work and will be home in... 30 min*
Posted By: Matrix Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 05:50 PM
Oooooh! That was so much fun!!! We have to do that again Labby. <g>
Posted By: Vanda Detroit Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 06:24 PM
Definitely! We should do that again smile1 I had a lot of fun smile
Posted By: Classicalla Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 07:06 PM
Darn! Missed it.
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/13/07 09:01 PM
We talked about making it regular Tuesday thing, Nancy, so maybe you can come by next week!
Posted By: RL Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/14/07 01:09 AM
I missed it, too. frown

Unfortunately, I had a deadline today and was way too busy at work to do anything else.
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/14/07 02:51 AM
Maybe we should make it an all-nighter so even our American friends can join. It sure was fun. Whipping WIPs, indeed! dizzy
Posted By: LabRat Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/14/07 04:42 AM
Well, I had way too much fun last night. laugh It was lovely to chat with so many old and new FoLCs. Just like old times. smile1

Same time, same place...next Tuesday? <g> I'll post a reminder on the day. Hope to see you all then.

And, of course, it doesn't just have to be weekly. Tonight is out, but I might just pop in tomorrow night, see if anyone's around. wink

LabRat smile
Posted By: DSDragon Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/14/07 06:00 AM
Tomorrow is Smallville night though, and tomorrow's episode is actually new.

I might just pop in before and after though, since I missed the chatting last night. smile
Posted By: Saskia Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/14/07 08:55 AM
It was indeed a lot of fun, even though I couldn't hang around for too long. So for anyone who is able to show up before the agreed time, you're welcome to join as well. Just so those of us in Europe with a job the next morning get a little bit of chat. Or you all can talk me into calling in sick. wink

Saskia smile
Posted By: Classicalla Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/14/07 10:34 AM
So if there is another IRC chat next week, what time will it be (GMT)?
Posted By: C_A Re: IRC chat - Tuesday, 13th March? - 03/14/07 10:38 AM
Sorry for just disappearing like that yesterday. I was having some network trouble. :rolleyes:
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards