Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Capes Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
My PBS just picked up Doctor Who.

Since I know of no Doctor Who fans outside of the LnC fandom, I had to rejoice here. I've never actually seen this show, mind you, but I've heard so many great things about it that I'm glad my PBS decided to give me a chance to see it.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woohoo! Let us know if you end up loving the fantasticness that is the Doctor wink

[Linked Image]

Wendy jump

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Blogger
Blogger
I know they have been showing them here on the
Sci-fi Channel. I do not know if I'm going to be able to see if there is a Season 3 aired here.
Has there been a S3 made? I was able to see 1&2
so far. I have really liked the eps I've seen.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
S3 is due in April, here in the UK, I think. Round about then, anyway. Wendy will know the exact date, hour and minute, I'm sure. laugh

LabRat smile (who is just very happy it's not shown on SKY One! goofy )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LabRat:
S3 is due in April, here in the UK, I think. Round about then, anyway. Wendy will know the exact date, hour and minute, I'm sure. laugh

LabRat ...
Yess!! I was wondering when S3 was going to start broadcasting hyper

I like the new series, sort of, but in my heart of hearts, Tom Baker is my doctor...

Um, Wendy, do you know when exactly it will start up??

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I did a bit of hunting around online. The official BBC website just says Spring 2007.

Apparently, Dreamwatch is saying it will start on March 31st. Not sure how reliable Dreamwatch is, but that does seem to gibe with what I've heard.

ETA: Okay, I actually went to the Dreamwatch website and that does seem to be officially confirmed as the start date. Be warned that that Dreamwatch link does lead to mild spoilers.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
And I'm using this thread to rejoice as well. smile A great friend of mine (hi Wendy! wink ) just sent me the soundtrack and I've been listening to it non stop since yesterday when I opened the unexpected Amazon parcel. Okay, okay, I'm listening non stop to Badwolf, the beach scene and the wall song...

Kae smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Was that Sting in a recent Who ep I just saw?

c.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The soundtrack CD is out? When did that happen? How did I miss that?

Did you have to share that information?
Now that I know that, I think I might have to spend money. That's not good news, even if it is undoubtedly in a very good cause.

Chris

Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! Come on, Chris... 31 tracks on the CD!! All of the greatest moments... Think Badwolf. Think Doomsday (snuffle!) Think Daleks in Parting of the Ways. Think Father's Day!

Kae smile (the voice of temptation)

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
All right! All right!

I'm tempted! So very, very tempted!

And I've spent some time listening to the extracts on Amazon, which has just made me feel even more tempted!

Seriously, though... With 31 tracks on the CD, are any of them long enough to listen to and enjoy in their own right? Or does the music come across as sounding disjointed, which has been my experience with some other soundtrack CDs?

Chris <who just might have to go and watch Doomsday again, just for the sheer angst of it...>

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, just to give you an idea, the wall music from Doomsday is over 5 minutes long. Most of the tracks are over 2 minutes long. I know what you mean about other soundtracks having too short tracks to even enjoy them (and that was my main complaint about the Lois and Clark soundtrack btw) but this one is definitely worth it.

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A US friend of mine in the DW fandom tells me that SciFi said, when they finished showing S2, that S3 would come in July this year. So not as long to wait this time for North American fans who don't acquire episodes by other means.

I have no idea when Canadian TV is going to show it, though.

[img]http://images21.fotki.com/v516/photos/1/11220/134028/NineRoseclocksprchung-vi.jpg?1172951218[/img]

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely montage there, Wendy.

I'm not actually watching the Doctor anymore; the angst quotient is too high for me wink

But I am still watching Christopher Eccleston -- he's got a fascinating part on Heroes, these days...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hurray! I was wondering when it would start... It sounds like they're changing their usual starting dates for their series.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely montage there, Wendy.
Thank you smile It's not my work - I should have said that it's by prchung. You can't see it in this resolution, but it is visible on the larger version, which I have as my wallpaper: the last couple of verses of the poem Stop the Clocks , by WH Auden, are written across the left-hand side.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
So, Wendy, what are you going to do about your DW fanfiction now that Rose and the Doctor are no longer together?

Tank (who was begining to wonder if Wendy had been kidnapped by aliens)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm here, I'm here! (And I know I owe you an email, but it's been crazy lately. Even my writing's slowed down from what it was this time last year. frown Consider working full-time together with carrying 3/4 of the load of a full-time course of study - four modules in one term is considered full-time and I'm taking three).

Anyway... Did we stop writing about Lois and Clark just because it went off the air? So why should I stop writing about Rose because she's no longer on the series? I might write about Martha as well in due course if I like her - and I can still write Jack because he's still around. Easy.

(Hope this discussion isn't a spoiler for anyone - and if it is, I'm sorry frown )

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard