Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Man, CC, this is just beautiful. Lois' deduction that this is all an elaborate scheme perpetrated by this flying alien, then her despair when she can't just go home. I'm glad their memories of Tempus have kicked in, and that they're working together to try to figure out just what the heck has happened here.

And of course the Peacekeepers. I just *love* this part of the story. And this had me ROTFL...
There was a committee that worked round the clock brainstorming just that very thing. The Places to Drop Tempus Safely committee, or PDTS, had been dragged out of bed in the middle of the night and told to get to work.
A full-time job, absolutely. Maybe they need a few more committee members, since they haven't been entirely successful in the past. Can I volunteer?

Anxiously waiting for Tuesday, because we still don't know why L&C can't be found with the soul tracer, and now the lifeline levels are dropping! Yikes. This is indeed a time for cursing. Hell, yeah. Like Hank said...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Such an emotionally charged segment, CC. Poor Lois. Poor Clark! I remember snuffling into my kleenex reading her painful conclusions that this was all a scam by Clark, first time I read this.

And, again, have to echo Kathy on Madge and Co. Inspired! You just have to love the idea of baked goods as camouflage. laugh The scenes with Madge and her willing band of helpers provide such a wonderful, hilarious counterpoint to the angst our heroes are currently enduring. Brilliant interaction between them.

It's been a while since I read this part - was that tag line from Hank a new addition? Either way, it had me rotflol

Roll on part 4!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
What confusion! goofy

But at least she got passed her paranoia and started talking to Superman so she's in investigative mode. (Hated when you broke off to check in on Madge.)

And poor Clark was interrupted when he was going to make his revelation. Well, I'm sure Lois will find out soon and boy will she be mad. evil

And then there was
So, with simple, unimpressive architecture and a central location in the heart of Utopian Metropolis as part of the disguise, as well as a gourmet bakery in the front, the Ministry of Helpers and Peacekeepers existed unnoted. Except on Wednesdays, which was two-for-one donut day.
rotflol

I'll be around on Tuesday....

gerry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So, with simple, unimpressive architecture and a central location in the heart of Utopian Metropolis as part of the disguise, as well as a gourmet bakery in the front, the Ministry of Helpers and Peacekeepers existed unnoted. Except on Wednesdays, which was two-for-one donut day.
What goes on in your mind?!

If I ever have to hide an international peace keeping mission, or master criminal opperations (often the difference only depends upon your point of view), I'm going to use a bakery.

I'm loving this, emotional and kooky (never thought I'd use that word, but it just sprung in there) at the same time.

Thank you!

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto everyone! Here I am alternately laughing my head off, gasping in amazement and sighing in sympathy as I read. And all the time I'm thinking - right, definitely time to hang up my keyboard. How can anyone even come close to this genius? eek

And I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop - it's obvious that Lois is going to see or hear something soon which tells her that Superman is actually her lowly, annoying, foisted-upon-her junior partner at the Planet. Of course Clark isn't going to be able to tell her himself. And when she does find out... sparks will fly. And she might not even care that she'd get hurt if she tries to hit him again! goofy

Wow. Just amazing. And just keep it coming! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Darn, Helga beat me to it..two for one donut day..ROTFL!!

Poor Lois, I really feel for her. The confusion, the anger..blaming Clark!

And CLark the poor thing..bombarded with his entire history all at once! Way to much to handle. Then he almost messes up at the end there calling her partner..oops.

Keep it coming, it's like a magical, mystery ride. See you Tuesday indeed.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, CC... I hadn't realized, last time, that Clark had not actually heard of Krypton yet... it must have been an exceptionally bizarre experience for him.

I haven't any smart guesses about where this is going, but so far I'm sure enjoying the ride! smile

PJ
(who do I have to bribe to get advance looks at this??)

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
An interesting ride so far.

Watching Lois and Clark discover their apparent future together is going to be pretty fun. I look forward to Lois' first confrontation with herself in the 'short-haired' part of her life. Will it be through holophotos, or another actress playing the role of a later Lois?

Even given all the fun of Lois and Clark's explorations, we still have the somewhat sinister undercurrent of the Peacekeepers and their 'true' agenda, an agenda that has to be kept from the general populous. Typical, Utopia is this supposed idyllic place to live... but at what price is it maintained?

Tank (who finds CC's writing annoyingly good)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Most secret organizations are usually behind the dry cleaners. I thought it was very imaginative to have them behind a bakery! This is so great I'm in awe. I really like this Lois and Clark. And that "damned" Wells - ROTFLMAO!
I can't wait until Tuesday!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
I had to also laugh at the bakery front.

Years ago, when I worked at a finance company (most of the U.S. readers would recognize the name), I used to write loans to finance sewing machines. AFter a while, I realized that all of those men hanging around in the back of the sewing machine shop were Mafiaosa types!

Who would suspect? A sewing machine shop?

Anyway, this is very original and quirky.

Batting another 1000 here, CC!

to Tuesday!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He was obviously a brilliant actor if he was able to slip under her bad guy radar as neatly as he had. He was, also, obviously much more than simply strong and able to fly. He could control minds and distort reality and even... recreate a person’s past.
Oh, good god, Lois. You're blaming Superman for all of this? **cough Foul Ball cough**

Trust me, I’ve done this before.”

“You’ve led tours of your life history while impersonating yourself? Great. Because I’m a little green at this.”
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
CC this is so great!!!!!

I can´t wait to read the next part

Karla

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was itching to pop Lois one for accusing Clark of engineering this entire thing, especially while he was looking so distressed and unhappy. This had to be his celebrity nightmare from ILTY come to hideous technicolor life. So I was very happy when Lois remembered Tempus and started working with Clark instead of blaming him.

However, that whole Peacekeepers bit has some horrifying possibilities. I'm worried that the lifelines are tied to L&C's existence. Could Clark possibly be powering a future world, or is there something in this time that is sapping L&C's lifelines? Or is this Utopia going to convince L&C that no sacrifice is too great to prevent the development of such a horrific world?

I know. I have a morbid imagination, which is why I don't handle depressing stories very well. But you've got me hooked now, and I don't know how I'll drag my attention away from this story to grade the essays filling my memory stick.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow Cc I am enjoying the ride! I can't wait for more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is really, really good. It's imaginative, clever, and also happens to be a real nail-biter. Keep it up!

The one thing that always bothered me when Tempus would try to stop Utopia from becoming a reality in the future was: Wouldn't he also keep himself from being born? Maybe the drop in the lifeline vitals is affecting Tempus too, and he'll have to make a choice to die and destroy Utopia (meaning that he won't get to enjoy the experience) or tell them where Lois and Clark are (and ruin his fiendishly clever plan). Or maybe he sent them to an alt-Utopia and - oh, never mind! I'll just wait for the next post.

Please don't make me wait too long.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just read all three parts. CC! You genius! This is absolutely brilliant!! smile1

Please, CC! I can't wait til Tuesday! I need more *now*! wildguy wildguy wildguy

~•~
Merriwether
Merriwether
First off, I want to echo Pam. Who do I have to bribe to not have to wait until Tuesday? I have donuts! goofy

This is just wonderful. So many great lines have already been quoted. And, like Jen, I'm wondering where Madge is going . . . ? And I also noticed, as she did, that Clark almost spilled the beans. Leave it to a Jimmy to stop him! laugh

Tuesday is going to be a very busy day for me. Any chance we could talk you into Monday? Or since that will be busy too, perhaps Sunday?

How about now?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
I wish I could be original at this point, but really, there's no response available to me other than the tried and tested WOW!

On the other hand, this story is fantastically original, CC. Everything is drawn from the familiar, but you've extrapolated an amazingly vivid and very real set of characters and scenes which go well beyond anything we've seen before. Not only that, but it all seems so right. The Daily Planet as a museum dedicated to the life and work of Lois and Clark, 'Perry' as the ring master, the garish Superman colours everywhere...I'm speechless.

A few highlights for me:

She lost it. “No! No! Leave me alone! Don’t.... don’t!!”
God. Her reaction had to be incredibly distressing for Clark. It's his worst nightmare come true - she's terrified of him because he's an alien.

He glanced at the street signs. “Sunny Street and Happy Way,” he read in disbelief, his eyebrows rising into his hairline.
LOL! Again, just so right for this world you've created.

Generally, the low-key way you've introduced new technology. It's there, as it should be, but it's in the background - also as it should be. Unlike a lot of sci-fi movies. wink

“A Fellini film.”
A nice moment of shared film-buff knowledge. Wonder when Lois is going to switch her ferret mode back on and start noticing all this stuff he knows about? Or his admission that he wasn't that sure of his own origins...?

Love the names you've given the Peacekeepers - especially Petal. Over here, 'petal' is an endearment in some areas - like 'dear' or 'duck' or 'hen'. And Odias Sinders - how on earth did you come up with such a wonderful name???

“Hell, yeah,” said Hank, moving to make the call.
ROFL! And Madge's 'damned' before, too. Sorry - another film reference coming up. Have you seen Star Trek 4, when Spock attempts the vernacular while dealing with an odious youth on a bus? I think Kirk has a go, too, but neither of them manage to sound particularly colloquial. It's a fun moment, and so was this. smile

More!

Yvonne

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Did CC forget to mention that Lois's mother will be played by two different-looking holograms depending upon the wing they are in?

laugh

Rock on, CC.

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Kerth
Kerth
/me kidnapps Well's time machine... wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard