Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I was talking with a friend the other day about her difficulty with time management and remembering *any* appointment, date, etc. Writing it down doesn't work because she forgets to check it. She also doesn't have a good sense of time (i.e. "has it been 10 minutes, 20 minutes?") and sometimes reads the clock wrong. For reading it wrong, I figure a talking watch would probably suit her (as it has others with the same difficulties). However, that does nothing for the problem of missed appointments and important dates and such.

My question is, does anyone know of a personal assistant type of item that could be used to input appointments, meetings, and important dates, and give the alert to her by playing back a voice memo that she recorded (or that a voice would "read")? As "everything beeps" nowadays, she tunes out most any beep or ringtone she hears and would need something actually talking at her. I don't think we could *afford* anything we found, really, but it would be nice to know what sort of thing she should aim for when she can afford stuff.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Top Banana
Top Banana
My cell phone has a calendar feature--it still rings, but it won't STOP ringing until I tell it I've got the message, which is whatever I write about the appointment.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My music teacher has a very nice little organizer. I could ask him, what brand exactly it is, what it can do and how much it costs. Should I?

Lois Lane: Danger is my business!
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Sure, I'm curious, and love sifting through large amounts of info, so yeah, toss me any details you have. smile

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Doranwen-

I asked my music teacher today about his organizer, but he doesn't have it anymore and he can't remember what it was exactly.
I'm sorry!

Lois Lane: Danger is my business!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard