Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#208099 10/01/06 02:48 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well it looks like this year, there may be a tease of clois. clana is out, chlark is out, and after Lois dates Ollie Queen (ollois?? LOL) perhaps Clark will realize he's jealous and depending on whether or not this goes another season or not, maybe we'll see some clois action!

They had a sweet moment in the hospital when they were holding hands until they both realized they were! It was cute!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#208100 10/01/06 03:31 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I know that Clark and Lois have to get together, but I am having a hard time accepting it. I just don't see the chemistry. I have to admit that I have always wanted Clark to be with Chloe (in the Smallville universe only, of course!)

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#208101 10/01/06 04:15 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmmm...that's why I've never watched Smallville. The idea that it should feel right that Clark should be with another woman and wrong that he should be with Lois.... No, I can't watch that kind of thing.

Ann

#208102 10/01/06 04:39 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Ann, the problem is that the shows writers basically set Chloe up as Lois with another name. And the actual Lois isn't nearly as Lois-like as our Lois. That's why I have a hard time accepting the Lois & Clark relationship in the Smallville universe.

#208103 10/01/06 05:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhh! I love their Lois, I think she rocks. Ok, so she's not Teri Hatcher, but really, she's very cool!!!

And that little hospital scene was so... awwww!!!! A great big part of the reason I'm watching this is because I want to see Lois and Clark hook up! I got a feeling they just might this season. smile

I've never seen seasons 1 through 3 (and I'm not interested!), but ever since Lois showed up (and OMG did she make a memorable entrance!) on the first ep of S4, I'm loving this show. Well... ok, ok, I really didn't care for the whole "Lana is a witch" arc and some other eps like that... But when they had The Flash on and the Aquaman, I'm all like YAY!! And any time there's a scene with Lois and Clark together, I get all excited. You'd think I was 15 all over again. LOL! (I like to think that I *am* 15 most of the time - I just have 20-some years of experience at it....)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#208104 10/01/06 05:26 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've read a bit up on spoilers of the upcoming season six episodes and I do have my doubts (though nothing definite) about a Clois ship on the screen.

This season might just be the one for me to stop watching Smallville because it looks like the focus is slowly getting away from Clark, despite this large plot of last season's cliffhanger continued in Zod. I don't want to give away too much but there seem to be a lot of storylines waiting which deal with Lex, Lana, Chloe, Lois and further away Lionel, Martha and Jimmy as well.

The integral problem though is more complicated and easy enough all the same. I'm disappointed in the way, the writers decide to let Clark grow up. There have been so many incidents in the past season alone which should have done the trick but he's still quite immature.

Chris is right by the way, the only credited character possible to hook up with Clark is Lois (Lex/Lana doesn't look like it'll go away, Chloe seems to finally have found one non crazy boyfriend which will take her out of the equation as well) ... and while she does have some traits of the Lois I know and love, she's a far cry from feeling "right" (yet). In my opinion that will be proved by the choice of her new employer in the upcoming episodes.

#208105 10/01/06 08:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, me, too - but only in Smallville!
I have to admit that I have always wanted Clark to be with Chloe (in the Smallville universe only, of course!)
~~

I'd never thought about this before! I believe you are right, Lisa. But I like Smallville's Lois. I really like her sassiness!

the shows writers basically set Chloe up as Lois with another name. And the actual Lois isn't nearly as Lois-like as our Lois.
And, now, just when Clark finally realizes how great Chloe is, she has turned her sights to Jimmy Olsen. Poor Clark. And Chloe can't see that Clark is ready to give it a try...
~~

The spoilers Bettina speaks of are easily found at KryptonSite, if anyone is interested.

But darn it all, if they didn't have a character named Rya. Now, I'm trying to figure out what to name a character in my story that I had already named Rya. Oh, heck, I might use it anyway...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#208106 10/02/06 02:08 AM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
chlark is out
I think they're setting up a love triangle with this one.

Ann, the problem is that the shows writers basically set Chloe up as Lois with another name. And the actual Lois isn't nearly as Lois-like as our Lois.
Exactly. I still wish for Chlois. I don't believe it'll happen, but Chloe taking the name Lois Lane (which she has already been willing to use) makes so much more sense to me than Lois changing her behavior/ambition/goals.

Not to mention that in season 5 we had Chloe is quite Lois-like role (from later in LnC) with her relationship with Clark, too. He told her things he didn't tell anyone else, including his parents, and she gave advice and encouraged and supported him and such.

#208107 10/02/06 05:06 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, so Chloe has a Lois personality even if she isn't Lois... I wonder, would you be happy seeing Lois date (or thinking about dating) a guy who has a Clark personality but isn't Clark?

Ann

#208108 10/02/06 05:26 AM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Originally posted by TOC:
Okay, so Chloe has a Lois personality even if she isn't Lois... I wonder, would you be happy seeing Lois date (or thinking about dating) a guy who has a Clark personality but isn't Clark?

Ann
You mean on Smallville? No, not really. For me, my issue with Lois isn't the relationship with Clark. For me, Lois Lane is amazing. Brilliant, talented, ambitious, determined, hard-working, nosy, and has printer's ink running through her veins. She's extremely focused, sometimes to her own detriment. THLois is my favorite Lois, and most of those characteristics are the ones I came to love in her (though they are also present in the comics, cartoons, movies, etc.).

Lois Lane on Smallville didn't go to school and so didn't graduate (a far cry from my THLois that I love who wouldn't play hooky). Didn't even know she hadn't graduated. Got into SV High and then got a free pass into Met U, still without graduating high school. Got kicked out college for drinking. Mooched off the Kents for a while before a job was given to her. Then got got given another job, still without even asking for it, much less working for it. It's just so not Lois to me. I don't like things being given to Lois, I think Lois should be aggressive and go after them.

I don't dislike the character, but she's not amazing or inspiring or anyone special to look up to. She's not possessed by a mystery, so that she has to solve it. She doesn't seem to notice all the weird things that happen around her. She's not ambitious or determined or hard-working. She doesn't seem to have goals. She doesn't go after things. She's a good person and all, and some people like the "finding herself" Lois. But for me, Lois has always been the early-achieving, over-achieving, gotta-succeed, too-focused, too-driven, can't relax type person.

For those who deem her feelings for Clark the most important part of or the bulk of her character, they probably would like to see that. But for me Clark is inherently a hero, Lex is inherently a villian, and Lois is inherently a journalist (or truth-seeker, if you prefer). Lex has been doing shady things since maybe the second episode. Clark has been pulling rescues since the first episode. Lois has been here two seasons, and has done very little to fill the iconic role.

#208109 10/02/06 06:06 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I still wish for Chlois. I don't believe it'll happen, but Chloe taking the name Lois Lane (which she has already been willing to use) makes so much more sense to me than Lois changing her behavior/ambition/goals.
Precisely.

I also second everything Tzigone said, especially this:

For those who deem her feelings for Clark the most important part of or the bulk of her character, they probably would like to see that. But for me Clark is inherently a hero, Lex is inherently a villian, and Lois is inherently a journalist (or truth-seeker, if you prefer). Lex has been doing shady things since maybe the second episode. Clark has been pulling rescues since the first episode. Lois has been here two seasons, and has done very little to fill the iconic role.
Since I have given up on Clark & Chloe and don't care about Lois, the main reason I watch Smallville is Lex and how he interacts with Clark. It's an angle that I have never seen done in a Superman universe before - not that I am a Superman expert. Everytime I remember Lex's line from season one, "Clark, our friendship will be the stuff of legend," I get little shivers on my spine.

Tzigone, I may be just missing the nose on my face, but what does THLois stand for? Which version of Lois do you mean?

#208110 10/02/06 06:19 AM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
THLois is Teri Hatcher Lois. Sorry, holdover from Kryptonsite. Huge Chlois (Chloe is Lois) debate thread there. We differentiate Loises by calling them THLois, EDLois, KBLois, MKLois (for the actresses) Silver Age Lois, Golden Age Lois, Earth 2 Lois, etc. We're just too lazy to type them all out.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard