I've read a bit up on spoilers of the upcoming season six episodes and I do have my doubts (though nothing definite) about a Clois ship on the screen.

This season might just be the one for me to stop watching Smallville because it looks like the focus is slowly getting away from Clark, despite this large plot of last season's cliffhanger continued in Zod. I don't want to give away too much but there seem to be a lot of storylines waiting which deal with Lex, Lana, Chloe, Lois and further away Lionel, Martha and Jimmy as well.

The integral problem though is more complicated and easy enough all the same. I'm disappointed in the way, the writers decide to let Clark grow up. There have been so many incidents in the past season alone which should have done the trick but he's still quite immature.

Chris is right by the way, the only credited character possible to hook up with Clark is Lois (Lex/Lana doesn't look like it'll go away, Chloe seems to finally have found one non crazy boyfriend which will take her out of the equation as well) ... and while she does have some traits of the Lois I know and love, she's a far cry from feeling "right" (yet). In my opinion that will be proved by the choice of her new employer in the upcoming episodes.