Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#20700 05/08/10 02:52 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
For some reason, when I tried to post this earlier, I had not been able to reply in this thread. The only button available at the time had been the "New Topic" button. huh But I have access to the "Post Reply" button now. So just to make sure that my story doesn't blindside anyone (After all, my previous stories have all been pretty light fare), I'm going to add my WHAM warning to this folder.

If Looks Could Kill - WHAM warning
by Lynn S. M.

Lois is dead at the start of this story. She remains dead throughout the story. She stays dead at the end of the story.

This story is rated "M" for "Major Angst" by the newly invented "Lynn S. M. rating system."

- Lynn

#20701 09/28/10 09:59 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
The Wonder of Love

This story NOT a Lois deathfic or a Clark deathfic, but it’s rated PG-13 for both sexuality and graphic violence. If you don’t like seeing Lois Lane badly hurt, please stop now. And if you don’t like seeing Superman push the envelope of acceptable Superman behavior, please stop now. I promise I won’t be offended.

If you want to take a chance on this story, however, I will tell you that Lois survives this tale. I will also tell you that Lois and Clark as a couple survive the narrative. But that’s all I promise. So if you have the Amazonian strength to continue, I invite you to do so – with the following words of warning (cribbed from Dante and slightly mangled) before your eyes.

“Abandon (nearly) all hope, all who enter here.”

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#20702 11/04/10 01:08 PM
Kerth
Kerth
'Trusting Me, Trusting You' by Female Hawk.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

This fic has some dark moments. It has implied violence - results, not the actual events themselves. I skip over a lot of detail, hoping that individual readers will fill in the blanks or not - depending on their own preferences.

In places, it is sad.

Language - the word 'hell' appears a couple of times.

It is not a deathfic. That doesn't mean there is no death, but that death isn't a major theme. (And both Lois and Clark will be alive at the end.)

Most of the WHAMs come early in the fic.

Corrina.

ETA

As mentioned in the FDK thread for the prologue, Part 1 has a section which could seem to hint at something chilling.

Here's the section ...

Today, I strengthened my position over the enemy. We exposed him ... for a full twelve hours overnight, leaving him weak and defenceless this morning. The surgery was performed by Moyne and Shadbolt.
The *surgery* referred to is the issue. If your imagination leaps to gruesome stuff, it's almost certainly *not* as bad as what you're thinking.

I'm not willing to publicly say what the surgery was, but when it is revealed, I think most people's reaction will be 'OK, that's not as bad as I'd feared.'

I hope this helps,

Corrina.

#20703 03/19/11 05:59 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Somewhere between Heaven and Hope by Jenna

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Lois and Clark deal with one of their children being missing. And Superman has to come to terms with one of his hardest struggles yet.

Can't promise that I will fix all my broken toys.

"Even with all my abilties there's nothing I can do." -Clark Kent.

Jenna: "That's enough! You release the Charactors from this tragedy right now, you little gnome. Or I promise to send you somewhere far worse than the fifth dimension!"

Kazbo sarcastically: "You have me so scared!" menacing: "try dealing with this!" throws in a slow, agonising death. then disappears.
-from an arguement with Kazbo, the evil muse
#20704 05/09/11 10:46 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ok. Well, it's time. I don't want to lose any readers, but I can't deliver any more parts of Missing Lois without the first of my WHAM warnings.

Firstly, I'd like to remind my readers as I did at the beginning, nobody dies but the characters do get banged up from time to time.

The first time is coming up in Chapter 2-Part 5.

Another WHAM happens in Chapter 3 as well as a WHAM, Bam... Sorry, Relationship WHAM. But I reassure you, if you stick it out... wounds do heal and everyone lives happily ever after again by the end of Chapter 10.

I'll post again, when we get closer to the next WHAMs in Chapters 4 and 5... Oh, wait. Someone does die. Ooops. blush But not a main character and not someone who survives in the regular canon.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#20705 06/08/11 01:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In Borrowed Time - Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 2 part 5 of 8. A very poinient account of Lois' passing a she dies of natual causes - old age.

In Clark and Lois - Dispair to Hope - Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 4.

We will see how the Lois of Alt 1 died before Clark actually would have met her and Clark is with her at the time. It is a convoluted story involving multiple universes and time travel. It will be best understood by reading the Matchaker Chronicles set in order leading up to it. Volumes 1 and 2 have been posted already. Volume 3 will be posted shortly on both fanfic and nfic boards.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#20706 07/19/11 03:45 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Lois has died prior to the start of 'Moving On'. The story does touch lightly on Clark's feelings, but the overall tone of the story is contemplative and introspective rather than emotional.

#20707 07/29/11 08:16 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know I should have posted something earlier (like when I started posting Chapter 5), but better late than never. blush laugh

As I mentioned before, my characters do get banged up a bit in Missing Lois and coming up towards the end of Chapter 5, bad WHAMy things happen. Someone does die, a minor character, but the effects of this death will affect our characters for a long time to come.

In Chapter 6 we have a red-herring death and in Chapter 7, canon Lois finally gets around to having her baby and dealing with her curse (WHAM), but she does survive (kind of).

If these WHAM warnings were too vague for you, I apologize; I hate to do more spoilers. If you HAVE to know the type of WHAM mentioned above, before it is posted, feel free to contact me and I'll give you a private spoiler WHAM warning.

I'll post more WHAM warnings for the last chapters (8-10) closer to their posting dates.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#20708 07/30/11 12:59 PM
Kerth
Kerth
WHAM warning for my story, "Distraught" that should be going up in the next day or so. Take this WHAM very seriously. None of it is fake. This is a deathfic.

Also, it is very long! I should break it up into more pieces, and I can, but I tried it and I still like it best as a one-shot. So there.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E
Lois is dead before the start of story (in childbirth). Clark is in a bad place... Very serious and angsty and sad. If you want more of a warning, feel free to contact me. For those of you who think this is too sad or serious, I'm also planning on posting an alternate/companion piece where Lois is dead but the story ends happier... whinging , and it had to be written. wallbash

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#20709 08/16/11 10:13 AM
Kerth
Kerth
WHAM warning once again for my story "Distraught- Alternate Ending". Again, very serious WHAM (for those of you who did not in fact read the first one).

Will probably go up in the next couple of days. Sorry about the delay. huh Life caught up...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E

Lois is (still) dead. As is Clark and Lois's baby boy. Not discussed very much in this version. This version of the story picks up after Clark tells Lois's parents the truth and goes very differently from there. While Clark does not actually commit suicide in this version, there is a lot of talk about it and he does attempt. So just giving you fair warning. But... he does live. So you can breathe easy. wink Oh, and there's a little more backstory in here with how Clark coped up until this point- including his parent's role in it all.

--Mark Twain
#20710 10/27/11 06:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In Just a Little Too Far someone from canon is dead. It's not sudden and happened before the action of the story. Due to a disaggreement wink with my Beta, I will also be posting a Happily Ever After ending for those who cannot handle a bit of grim reality. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
#20711 02/05/12 01:27 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Afterwards details the aftermath of a particularly disturbing crime. I have tried to keep it as free of graphic details as possible, but the implications of what took place are clear. It is NOT a cheery story, nor does it have a happy ending.

#20712 02/09/12 06:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Passing Of A Legend

Perry White dies. Sorry, folcs. But I felt like it needed to be written.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#20713 04/01/12 07:57 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois

First off, let me inform you that this story is set in an alt-canon-dimension. No harm comes to canon Lois, canon Clark, or alt-Clark in this story. That being said, this is technically a “deathfic” in that alt-canon-Clark is killed and alt-Clark decides to go save this new Lois instead of saving his alt-Lois, who died back in the Congo. (I do not consider these spoilers as these facts are known within the first few lines of the Prologue and Part 1.)

WARNING: If you continue to read, you *will* be spoiled. Don’t read the rest of this unless you really want to know major plot points (no details) of this story.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

A
N
D

R
E
A
S
S
U
R
A
N
C
E
S

SPOILERS and REASSURANCES. SPOILERS and REASSURANCES. SPOILERS and REASSURANCES. SPOILERS and REASSURANCES. SPOILERS and REASSURANCES.

Clark is killed as a baby by Tempus back in 1966. By killing Clark, Tempus inadvertently wipes out his own existence. This event causes time to shatter and the formation of another dimension in which Clark doesn’t exist. (Canon Dimension is fine though; canon Clark and canon Lois return to their time and S2 continues as in canon – no harm, no foul.) The shattering of time means that this new Lois and new Wells can only travel forward in time, not backwards to right this horrible wrong. Baby Clark’s death also means that when Lois and H.G. Wells leave 1966, they will no longer remember Clark, Superman, or Tempus, because they will no longer meet them or each other in the future.

Lois refuses to accept this fate for Clark or herself. H.G. Wells informs her that the only way to “unshatter” time is to figure out how Tempus’s destiny is linked to Clark’s/Superman’s and find some other way to save the man from the future. If they can figure out a way to make Tempus survive, then they can “unshatter” time and go back into the past to save baby Clark. Lois and Wells give each other notes to explain what has happened and what their assignment is to save Tempus.

Upon returning to 1995, Lois is thrown into a world where she no longer remembers Clark and where Superman never existed. Season 2 continues… only without him and his influence in it. Since there has been no Clark or Superman in this new destiny, many people who survived in canon dimension will not do so intact, or at all, in this dimension. This includes people around the world, in Metropolis, in Smallville, and even within the Daily Planet family. It also means that Clark isn’t there to distract Lois from Dan Scardino, so he also will have a larger romantic part in her life than in canon. (All sorts of WHAM warnings here.)

Be reassured that not all is without hope – Clark hasn’t disappeared completely. Lois starts having dreams of her previous life with Clark and Superman in it. These dreams influence Lois’s real life and makes her question so-called truths that she had once considered facts. Then she discovers that Clark hasn’t completely abandoned her, either that or she’s going crazy.

My Betas reassure me that Book 1 can be considered a Dark Comedy (either that or I have a real sick sense of humor). The darkest and hardest parts to read (unless you have some gag-reflux to Dan Scardino) will be Parts 1, 23, and 24. Everything else is somewhere between the silliness of Green Eyed Monster and the drama of Missing Lois. Be warned though, since there is no Superman or Clark Kent alive in this story, many people *will* die. Also, not everything in Lois' life will be sunshine and roses.

If my reassurances have not relayed your fears for a future lightness after the darkness of this story, please feel free to skip Book 1 entirely and start with Book 2, which will have a real, living, breathing Clark and a flying Superman and not so many deaths of canon characters. Book 1 is recommend prior to reading Book 2, but not required. Each Book in this trilogy is a separate story and can be read alone or as part of the whole series. You could even read Book 1 after reading Book 2. Feel free to email me at lc.virginiaR@gmail.com, if you need to know in more detail who will die or get injured or how close Lois and Dan become in Book 1.

Personal WHAM Warnings:

Tank – because of no Clark Kent, Jimmy Olsen will have a bigger part in Lois’s life and he will *not* die. (Sorry). The only ‘kid’ though is alt-canon-Clark as a baby.

Ray – I’ve tried my best not to include those plot devices that you hate in my stories, but I cannot guarantee that I’ve gotten rid of all of them.

VirginiaR.
---
#20714 05/25/12 03:08 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark

First off, let me inform you that this story is set in an alt-canon-dimension. No harm comes to canon Lois or canon Clark in this story. That being said, this is technically a “deathfic” in that the original Clark of this new dimension (alt-canon-Clark) died back in 1966, leaving Lois and the Kent family essentially Clark-less. Alt-Clark decides to leave his dimension and move to this new dimension to save this alt-canon-Lois instead of going back in time to save his alt-Lois, who died back in the Congo. (I do not consider these spoilers as these facts are learned during the Prologue and Part 1.)

Because there is no Clark Kent in this alt-canon dimension until alt-Clark arrives in May 1993, several people who are alive in canon dimension will already be dead or injured in this story upon alt-Clark’s arrival. The death and injuries happen prior to the beginning of this story, but could be considered a WHAM when you learn about them during the course of the story, especially if you haven’t read Book 1: Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] .

If you have read [i]Another Lois
, don’t worry the death and injuries are ones you have already learned about in Book 1, and be rest assured the body count diminishes down to single digits.

If you get uncomfortable with Clark (alt-Clark, in this case) romancing someone other than his direct soulmate (alt-Lois), you may feel uncomfortable with this story… as that one of the main reasons that alt-Clark moves to this new dimension is to woo this alt-canon-Lois.

Feel free to email me, if you need to know in more detail who died or got injured. If you want to know if this alt-canon-Lois will end up with alt-Clark or her own alt-canon-Clark (resurrected from the death – hey, it could happen!) during the course of this story, I’m sorry, I will not be handing out that information, you’ll have to read and find out.

04/25/14 - EDIT: In Lois's previous life (described in Book 1: Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois) Lois gets sexually attacked (although, not raped). The memory of that attack is described in detail here (and alluded to in Book 1). The Lex Luthor of this story is a horrible man who enjoys inflicting pain on others, especially women. Some of his thoughts and actions shown in his POV scenes (and a couple of other characters's as well) may be uncomfortable for some readers. While he may at times fantasize and/or plan to do bodily harm to Lois, he never succeeds. He is, however, successful with others, and these acts are alluded to and the outcome described.

WARNING: If you continue to read, you *will* read spoilers!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

A
N
D

R
E
A
S
S
U
R
A
N
C
E
S

SPOILERS and REASSURANCES. SPOILERS and REASSURANCES. SPOILERS and REASSURANCES. SPOILERS and REASSURANCES. SPOILERS and REASSURANCES.

TANK: (Spoiler) There are more than one Jimmy Olsen and they will both not only be interacting with L&C, but with each other during the course of this Book. Neither of them is currently slated to die. (Reassurance) Lois will cut her hair earlier than she did in canon and it will be approximately half way through the story. Lois and Clark will not be directly involved with any of their own children during the course of the story (i.e. all references to children, pregnancies, etc. will be vague and non-specific.)

General Spoilers & Reassurances: Alt-canon-Lois will fall in love and become married to a Clark by the end of this story. Alt-Clark will be with a Lois at the end of this story. I will not tell you if they will end up with each other or another set of (possibly resurrected) Loises or Clarks.

VirginiaR.
---
#20715 12/12/12 07:38 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Yep. I did it again. I killed Superman.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

In the first chapter of "Kill Your Heroes," I knock off Supes under mysterious sort of circumstances. The story does not get any lighter by the end. Just to warn ya'll. smile

--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
*bump*

I expect to be posting a warning here in the near future anyways and this way it'll be easier for me to find. wink

--Mark Twain
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard