Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#206816 04/28/06 09:17 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Mom just got out of surgery. She's got ovarian cancer, only now sans ovaries. She had cancer on one, and a more-than-half-a-kilo tumor on the other, which was pressing against her colon. It was actually attached, but they were able to remove it without problems. She had fibroids on her uterus, too, so they removed it as well. The breast cancer was small and easy to remove because they caught it extremely early. I don't know anything about her gallbladder yet, though.

She's going to have to have chemo, but they're talking only once a month, so it won't be as bad as it could be. They think they got all the cancer. Thanks for your prayers, y'all. She's still going to need them, if y'all don't mind.

Thanks, y'all.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#206817 04/28/06 10:36 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Glad to know the surgery went well smile Hope she'll only be getting better from now on! smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#206818 05/01/06 03:37 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well I'm just hopping on this gravy train! But you both got my hopes and prayers that everything goes smoothly, and that your mom recovers 1000%.

Or 100% even, because 1000% would be kinda insane...

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard