Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
#205831 01/30/06 11:23 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Granted. You didn't need your head, did you?

I wish I had more money at work to spend on IT infrastructure.

Yvonne

#205832 01/30/06 12:17 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
With an embarrassment of riches, you buy so much stuff that you end up with a Rube-Goldberg computer network that nobody understands, including you. Work quickly grounds to a halt as nobody can find any of the servers they need and all the backups disappear into the ether.

I would like my head back. laugh

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#205833 01/30/06 12:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted. Unfortunately, the operation to reattach it is performed by a drunken failed medical student and it ends up sewn on backwards. So you can now never see where you're going, but you always know where you've been.

I wish I didn't think mind-maps are a chaotic splodge of mess.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#205834 01/30/06 05:30 PM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Granted! Now you think they're so perfect you're compelled to do *everything* as a mindmap. Everything from grocery lists to fic. In fact, you're so taken by them, you find that you can't think about anything else. As you walk down the street you start to create mindmaps in your head (Tree-->Leaf-->Green). You become so obsessed you get a mindmap tattoo.

I wish I didn't have to wait until Saturday to see a friend of mine.

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#205835 01/30/06 05:53 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Granted. Too bad you only caught a glimpse of him on the evening news as he was dragged off, kicking and screaming, by the police. But good news is you can still see him Saturday... it'll just be behind an inch of plexi-glass.

I wish I didn't have any homework to do tonight.

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#205836 01/31/06 03:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted, but you've got extra homework for the next week to make up for it.

I wish all the racists in the world were dead.

#205837 01/31/06 09:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted! But, as it turns out, the good people at Avenue Q are right. Everyone\'s A Little Bit Racist . But hey, at least the enviornment is much better off without humanity around.

I wish there was a global health care system which provided quality medical care to every human being on the planet within a reasonable timeframe while still giving the doctors of the world due compensation for their time, effort, and expertise.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#205838 02/01/06 10:31 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Granted. There is. In fact, it's so advanced nobody dies anymore. People get to live forever... or, they would, but the thing is, Hades is very disappointed because he's not getting any more souls for his kingdom, so he goes to Zeus to complain. Zeus understand that the balance has been irrevocably damaged and sends down lightnings that kill all doctors, nurses etc. involved with this health care system.
(Adaptation of the Greek myth of Asclipios)

I wish for a small, light, easy-to-use, compatible with my laptop gadget I could have with me 24/7, which could record my thoughts in Word files, so that I could create my stories anytime I want, anywhere I want, without needing to do any typing.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#205839 02/02/06 10:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted, however some hacker gets in and uses the access to delete your memory......

I wish I had a flying motorbike....

#205840 02/03/06 08:49 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Granted! Unfortunately, the motorbike can't fly under the weight of a passenger, so you'll never get to fly yourself, and everytime you turn around, the motorbike flies off and leaves you stranded.

I wish I had superglue.

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#205841 02/03/06 09:43 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Granted. You now have superglue...in your hair, on your fingers, on your clothes, in your eyes...shame the tube burst when you squeezed it.

I wish I had pork chops to make for dinner. drool

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#205842 02/03/06 12:05 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Granted. Two piglets, plus the appropriate piggy accommodation and food, are now yours. Look after them and feed them well, and in no time at all, you'll have your pork chops. I mean, you did say that you wanted to make the pork chops, didn't you?

I wish I was a better singer.

Yvonne

#205843 02/05/06 01:08 PM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Granted! You practice so much that you're a better singer. The best, in fact, but you can only sing one song. The one you practiced. Mystery Girl by Peter Andre.

I wish I didn't have to babysit while I can barely move. :p

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#205844 02/21/06 05:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted. The <insert adjective here> kids have now tied you up quite thoroughly. Now you can't move at all. Enjoy!

I wish there was readily available incontravertable definitive proof for or against the existance of one or more higher beings (and, if "for," clear information about the nature of said being(s) - name, what's wanted from us, etc.), so that people (especially the ones with bombs) could stop arguing about it.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#205845 02/22/06 04:37 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Granted. Said deity notifies everyone, and people with bombs stop arguing about THAT. However, they decide they need to argue about something, so the philosophical purpose of the Brady Bunch reruns restarts trouble in the Middle East, and pretty soon we are arguing about the morality of eating rocky road ice cream as opposed to plain old chocolate, since we humans seem to LIKE to argue sometimes. Sinner, Beware! devil

Let me see...I wish I had the money and resources to travel with my family anywhere I wanted four times a year.

Marcy

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
#205846 03/13/06 06:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted, but you get mugged on your travels and they take all your cash, credit cards, ID and your car as well, leaving you stranded in some pigsty of a town that you were passing through on the way to somewhere nicer.....

I wish I was able to heal the sick with nothing more than a touch of my hand......

#205847 03/13/06 07:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Granted. But working on the Chinese theory that someone who saves a life is then responsible for that life...all the people you heal expect you to feed and take care of them from that point on and you rapidly run out of room in your house and money from your bank account. Meanwhile, all these extra people are causing a worldwide population explosion, which makes you deeply unpopular with everyone.

I wish...there were enough hours in the day to get everything done on my daily 'to do' list.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#205848 03/16/06 12:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are! Too bad you can't get any of it done due to everyone around you messing things up constantly......

I wish that when people weren't happy with a post on the boards they'd talk to the person who made the post before going to a board moderator.....

#205849 03/17/06 05:06 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Done. Course, now that the admins and mods are out of a job, they have plenty of time with nothing to do...and you know what they say about idle hands...

Not a good idea with this lot, especially. wink

I wish I didn't have a dust allergy and didn't start sneezing up a storm every time I hoover. Bleah.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#205850 03/17/06 05:29 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Granted. Now you're allergic to clean air instead. Which means you must learn to live in the dust.

I wish I was talented at drawing.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard