Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful, Wendy!

I was away from the boards from parts 3 to 6, so I got to read it all in one breathless go, instead of hovering anxiously over my keyboard, hitting "reload" every 15 minutes in the hope you'd posted again.

And while I was reading that very powerful love scene, I was thinking about how there was only one more part... how could it possibly end?? I liked your solution. I, too, am a fan of mythology. In my younger days (sigh) I studied mythology before I switched my focus to the medical field.

This was surprising and intriguing, and I'm curious about "what happens next" too. Clark has got to be completely flummoxed by Lois's behaviour. And the fact that Lois has, essentially, just discovered that CK=S but has also discovered it a lifetime ago makes this "non-revelation revelation" a rather interesting topic to explore further. She's gotten way beyond the anger and angst, but Clark knows nothing of this.

Or does he? That is, will he? Clark experienced Lois's death when it happened, but he obviously shares a unique bond with her or he wouldn't have been able to progressively feel, hear, and touch her. So could he experience her memory of it, too? Of course, if he can't, there goes an idea for a follow-up story... wink

You know, every time you write one of these more serious stories (challenges to Tank aside), I think that you couldn't possibly write a more powerful story that the one I'm currently reading. And then you go and write another story, and I realize I'm wrong-- you can. You did!

And I was charmed to see that you worked this
At any other time, she’d have thwapped him for that.
into your story. I still fondly remember getting thwapped by those glasses during one of my first forays onto IRC. goofy

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Top Banana
Top Banana
Completely original.

And I feel like a dunce for not once realizing the title held the answer in plain sight! Brilliant!

Superman mythology meets Greek mythology. Totally works for me. And, too, I think this is some of your best stuff yet. Wonderfully evocative and rich with emotion.

Yay, Wendy!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
Duh---

I read Wonder Woman too!!

Creative and original...probably the best re-telling of TOGOM I've read!

Great work.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well, count me in with the group who NEVER saw this coming, even with the hint in the title. My head hurts from all the slapping! smile1

I think this was great, Wendy, and the unexpected resolution made it even more fun. I agree with everyone who really loved that time was re-wound rather than having Lois suddenly return to corporeal, living, breathing form, while in Clark's bedroom (although you could have had some fun with *that* too! devil ).

I was EXTREMELY relieved that Lois was allowed to remember what had happened, since at first I feared that her nebulous memory of the events would fade away like so many of our dreams do upon waking, so thanks for letting her remember, learn, and move ahead. I also loved the "don't waste this opportunity" advice she heard in her head.

LOVED Clark's reaction to Lois's sudden and somewhat inexplicable (to him) interest in him - that was excellent! I would love to see more but I think it was perfect just the way it was.

What's next? smile

V

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, this story was just utterly and completely fantastic from beginning to end... and this last part was no exception clap notworthy

Now... when do we see more???? wildguy wildguy wildguy

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW, WOW, WOW! smile1 I love it.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
thumbsup I can't say enough, and when they made love... ooh, it was so original and absolutely wonderful!! And you captured both of their feelings and emotions so well, and Lois as a ghost; still as stubborn as ever, gotta love that!!! Now, I'm gushing, lol. Okay, I'll stop.

But OMG!!!! notworthy

That's all I can say on this blush

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A little late on posting but nothing short of amazing. Great job Wendy!

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
“We are known as the Moirae.” Another of the women spoke. “You may have heard us referred to as the Fates. You called for our help, Lois Lane.”

“Actually, Lachesis, she damned us,” the third woman pointed out. “For that, she deserves - ”

“Don’t be so hasty, Atropos. This mortal is not like those we normally encounter. Her death was not destined.”
LOL! Atropos sounds just like Lois! thumbsup

Well, normal... until your next TOGOM rewrite, eh? laugh

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Where do I start, guys? goofy Having said that, I mentioned to a friend of mine who'd read up to where Lois realised she was a ghost that the title was a major clue to the solution, and the penny didn't drop. So maybe it wasn't that obvious. wink

What I am delighted about is that you all seem to think that the solution works. I knew when I planned this (I had the solution before I even had the story goofy ) that it was a bit... out there. wink And I thought I might get some readers disappointed that I'd chosen a deus ex machina ending rather than something a bit more logical and down-to-earth - always assuming that ghosts could ever be considered down-to-earth. wink Thus far, only one reader's told me that the ending didn't really work for her, so I'm very relieved. laugh And fascinated to see how many of you are interested in mythology!

My apologies to those of you who were keen on the idea of a continuing series: The New Adventures of Clark and Lois (Deceased). goofy It could have worked, I guess. And maybe one of these days...

Janet said:
I'm curious about "what happens next" too. Clark has got to be completely flummoxed by Lois's behaviour. And the fact that Lois has, essentially, just discovered that CK=S but has also discovered it a lifetime ago makes this "non-revelation revelation" a rather interesting topic to explore further. She's gotten way beyond the anger and angst, but Clark knows nothing of this.

Or does he? That is, will he? Clark experienced Lois's death when it happened, but he obviously shares a unique bond with her or he wouldn't have been able to progressively feel, hear, and touch her. So could he experience her memory of it, too? Of course, if he can't, there goes an idea for a follow-up story...
LOL! Well, I was assuming that Clark wouldn't retain any memory of what happened. So, yes, Lois would have some explaining to do - especially that 'kiss me, Clark!' and, of course, knowing about Superman. But that kind of conversation is kind of old-hat. Okay, she'd tell him about dying and being with him as a ghost, and he might think she was insane, goofy but I think he'd go along with it. You can imagine that for yourselves!

And also:
You know, every time you write one of these more serious stories (challenges to Tank aside), I think that you couldn't possibly write a more powerful story that the one I'm currently reading. And then you go and write another story, and I realize I'm wrong-- you can. You did!
Wow. Thank you!! I'm humbled. blush

To all of you who posted feedback on any of the sections, paid me wonderful compliments in IRC, mentioned the story in email, nagged for more and so on, I really, really appreciate all your kind words - and, yes, even the threats. wink And to Chris and most especially Kaethel, who offered me invaluable beta-reading services, my very sincere and appreciative thanks. notworthy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard