Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
“You called us, Lois Lane. Did you not try to damn the Fates?”
jawdrop

Wow, Wendy, this was totally unexpected. And very, very clever! And I love Greek mythology, so I loved this even more. wink

This is absolutely great. I was reading it with a grin on my face. <g> I could just see Lois and Clark in the jeep... And this is so much better than what I originally thought would happen (That through closeness, she'd materialise and become alive again - long shot, but there was all that foreshadowing wink )! Very original and very well done!

Julie (still grinning <g>)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
*gasps, coughs*

Wow. That was unexpected. A very cool deus ex machina ending. Now I understand the significance of your chosen title.

I'll confess; I found the conclusion sudden and abrupt, but that's the effect of this literary device, and since you chose to use this device, I have to assume that you wanted a sudden ending for your story.

but there was all that foreshadowing
What foreshadowing? help Where? *lost and confused*

Actually, I expected some sort of a revelation scene when Lois came back, but I like the way you chose to end this story. Full of promise, and hope. smile

I liked this story. smile The description was exquisite, intimate, yet heartbreaking at the same time.

*reminds myself once again to not doubt Wendy's ability to bring our favourite couple back together, regardless the situation* smile

twins
metwin1

Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
hat foreshadowing? [Help] Where? *lost and confused*
I meant foreshadowing for my theory. First Clark could touch her. Then hear her. Then see her, briefly. I thought Wendy might go all the way and make her truly alive again through this process (and did she prove me wrong!).

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Columnist
Columnist
Woo hoo! Lois lived. Loved how you ended this, wendy! Great job! It was very different. And I loved every word of the story. I also take back the death threats, and that one time I bit you laugh

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, it's no Lois Lane, Ghost Reporter... wink

Seriously, I love the ending. And I love how the Fates are brought in. And I still have the urge to read a certain book.. but it'll wait. laugh Wonderful!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy, you pulled a "H.G. Wells" goofy

Absolutely original, incredibly lovely and fabulously super! thumbsup thumbsup

Am in awe of the non-revelation revelation dance

Part 6 gives a new significance to the title "Twist of Fates" laugh

And, did I tell you, after LnC, the next best thing I'm crazed about is Mythology. So this was an extra extra smile

jump ~Ankit smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
And now I think someone's tapping a foot pretty impatiently, so I'd better end this and post the final section.
I confess: that was probably me- I was doing my own version of Tap Dogs...

Great story, Wendy! Wow, that was really an original take on this episode.

Can I beg for an epi? I would just love to get Clark's perspective on Lois' sudden change in demeanor. She said the 3 magic words first! I'm surprised he didn't fall over!

Do not waste this opportunity, mortal.
Very nice. There are some other times when I wish those 'damn fates' had stepped in. Thanks for sharing!

~sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
eek

What an abrupt turn of events! I think I liked it, though! I liked that Lois kind of went back in time instead of them just plopping her back where she was in Clark's apartment. Props for the ending. wink

Jen
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I didn't see that solution coming, and I doubt I'm alone on that. In hindsight, it's kinda been hinted at right from the beginning (or should I say from the title?).

I just loved this. Had one of those soppy grins on my face when I was finished with reading. Wonderful twist at the end and a great happy ending.

Sira - very content with how the story turned out. clap clap clap clap clap

Blogger
Blogger
I never expected Greek mythology and I love the way this story ends. You made my day! notworthy notworthy notworthy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I never expected that! You are still able to surprise us<g> I knew she had to come back somehow. It was interesting to see another way other than HG Wells. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"BEST DEUS EX MACHINA EVER!!!" thumbsup clap

Awesome end, Wendy!

TEEEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy dance! dance dance dance

Great ending, it was fate!! LOL

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
I wondered, as I read this fic, how you were going to get Lois and Clark alive and together. Several unimaginative solutions came to mind, but I admit, I never saw the answer staring me right in the face.

The twist of Fates...very clever, indeed! hail

gerry

Kerth
Kerth
eek

Totally unexpected... wink

Jose :rolleyes:

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Great story! Nice twist, what a surprise!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Kudos to a clever solution. I doubt if many saw it coming even given the title which provides a nice slap on the head after the fact clue.

Still, I have to say that I'm disappointed that Lois didn't remain as a ghost. Both you and Pam (with the wonderful Tryst) chickened out in the end and allowed Lois to live. What's wrong with having a ghost as a character in a story?

Good job, as always. Write more.

Tank (who figures Wendy has to get on with a lot more writing so she has plenty 'in the can' when she's forced back to the working world)

Columnist
Columnist
I didn´t see that coming :rolleyes:

I love the end, Lois alive and with Clark laugh

Great job Wendy thumbsup

Karla

Top Banana
Top Banana
Surprising! WAFFY! Terrific!

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Fantastic job, Wendy!! Never would have expected that. What I really love is that you *didn't* have the Fates simply bring Lois back to life, they gave her a second chance instead by turning back time. So much better this way! No messy cover story for why she was suddenly alive again. wink

I think the scene in the Jeep is my favorite. Love her slow realization of what had happened, and that she didn't quite grasp all of it, but knew enough to make some good decisions. laugh

I have one question though:

“Hey.” His lips curved in a sweet smile. “Welcome back, partner! You looked like you were on another planet for a while there.”
Can Clark get any more sweet?! *sigh* I can just hear his soft voice, caring but with a little bit of humor. smile1

“Step on it, Kent.”

He grinned. “For you, Lois, anything.” And the Jeep picked up speed.
So cute! And you know... I'd give anything to be inside Clark's head right about now. laugh

Yet another well done story, Wendy! Brava! goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard