Next Thread
Print Thread
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Anyone else here doing NaNoWriMo? I'm posting my novel to my live journal at www.cascadingmoondust.com .

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm doing NaNoWriMo too, but I haven't been posting exerpts. Mostly because my novel is crap. <g> But hey, it's practice. wink

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
I'm pretty sure my novel is unpublishable in its current state, but like you said, it's practice. smile

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Think there might be a thread about here somewhere on it, Emily (although not sure where). I know quite a lot of our authors are participating.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Emily...

Yeah, I think Lynn, CC & Yvonne are NaNoing along with Julie. Some of the rest of us are doing NaFinWipsMo instead goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yep, I'm doing the NaNo thing which is why I've been around even less than usual on the boards. I only just broke the 10K barrier so I think we can safely say I'm not going to win NaNo. laugh

I would say, though, that if it weren't for NaNoWriMo, I would never have discovered that I can write non-L&C fiction. I'd recommend it to anyone who's ever wondered, like I did, whether my writing ability was forever stuck in the world of flying men and tights. laugh

Yvonne

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm beginning to think that my writing ability is stuck in spandex and plucky reporters.

Most of those who have participated in this November writing exercise have written more on their stories in the month than I have the entire year. But I'm not bitter, really I'm not razz

It's not that I don't have ideas, I do. It's mostly that I never feel motivated to write... or maybe I'm just lazy.

Tank (who finds it a lot easier to just sit back and try to keep up with all the new story parts on the boards)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard