Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Eep! You caught me. I was supposed to be writing... actually, sleeping, seeing as it's 3 am. And under no circumstances was I supposed to start reading anymore posted stories - I'm way behind as it is. frown But alas! I peeked and saw that HoL scene... Love that scene... and that this was your first fic... so here you are. Lovely fdk, which does come at a price... I'll need more story. wink

He just wanted to throw it back in her face, make her hurt as much as she had just hurt him, but his secret was so imbedded in him that he couldn’t.
You know, sometimes I really wish he would.

Is that all you’re after? His money? My glamour? If that’s what your love is, I’ll pass.
Ouch! And Clark's just hurt enough that I'll believe that. frown

As the first rays of dawn began to illuminate the interior of Lois’ apartment, the usually neat and tidy living room looked as though it had been ransacked. A broken lamp lay next to the skewed coffee table, covered in shredded newspaper clippings. The bold primary colours of red, blue and yellow were scattered haphazardly over and around the table, as though swept aside.
Eeep! This doesn't sound good!

There she proceeded to cry herself to sleep, all the while hating herself for letting a ‘man’ reduce her to such a disgraceful, weeping, weak excuse for a woman.
Awww!! huh ) to Clark making his very cutting remarks to Lois "Get in bed with the devil." My poor boy is hurting. And now he's probably kicking himself for being so cruel to Lois, but at the same time wanting to hate her. Yipes, what I really meant to say, was great job describing the emotions! And I'll just reiterate that fact that you can't leave us hanging like this!! mecry

More please. laugh

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Mouse, you're off to a great start with your first fic!

Great to see Superman actually warn Lois about Luthor. He's still not giving her much but at least he's done it. Nevertheless he didn't do it with much grace, which is fine because that still gives us that sense of resentment that was so strong in the orginal scene.

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
What about Luthor? Do you *know* him too? He’s a criminal, Lois. A murderer. But all you see is what he wants you to see – the charming, *rich* man. Is that all you’re after? His money? My glamour? If that’s what your love is, I’ll pass."
Yep -that's S1 Superman all right. smile

Loved Lois's destruction of her scrapbook - she had a good time <vbg> Cathartic even! And then her more reflective thoughts in the morning and her decision to "act" rather than play the victim. So Lois. smile
But this surprised me:

quote:
Whoever Alice had thought might be standing at her door, she was not prepared for a tear-streaked Lois Lane.
Why was Lois 'tear-streaked'? Guess she did a bit of backsliding in the cab on the way over. Understandable. smile

Really liked what you've done with Alice! In the show we never had a sense of her as anything other than "wife of" so it's nice to see her backstory too. And it's quite a backstory!

Really enjoyed it, Mouse - looking forward to finding out what happens next.
- How will Lois procede to "investigate Luthor"? Will she accpet his proposal as a means of going undercover (god, I hope that's not a pun <g>) ? Will she enlist Clark to help her or will she avoid going t o him, mindful of "the hurt" she'd given him?
- Will Superman continue to be as vindictive as he was when he left Lois's appartment? Or will he, like Lois, have better thoughts in the morning?

c.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow so far you have me hooked! I can't wait to see what happens next. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mouse, absolutely ditto Sara and Carol! This is fascinating, and so far very well put together. Superman's bitter, angry comment to Lois is perfect - just what we all wish he'd said to her in the episode, I'm sure. Well done! smile1 )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Great start. I love that Clark couldn't help but shoot his mouth off about Luthor and that Lois believes him.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Looking forward to next post, everybody else covered most of it, but really well described and extremely intriguing storyline. See this is why they should have had a messageboard back when Lois and Clark first aired, then they'd have plenty of storylines to keep the show alive and awesome writers to pick from. Bravo!! thumbsup

TEEEEEEEJ

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Yah! Yah! Mouse wrote a great story and everything, but I should really get the credit because I told her to post it. Otherwise, I'd be the only one reading it. dizzy

Told you so. Told you so. huh

And there's more great stuff to come.

gerry

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
This is nicely cleaned up from the original post, but the great concept is exactly the same. I want to see where Lois goes from here. Interesting explanation for why Perry kept quiet about Lex.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Blogger
Blogger
Mouse,
Look at all these wonderful comments! I think we have a new addition to the list of wonderful LnC fanfic writers. Great job! thumbsup

-Seema

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup smile
Wonderful characterization of Alice.
The subtle "only two" was ingenious

-Ankit clap

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Mouse,

I am so glad to see you are back with this story! smile1

I liked this when you first posted way back in November (all my original comments still apply), and I like it even more now. I wish Lois had investigated Luthor. Interesting premise - I can't wait to see where you take this.

Please POST MORE!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard