Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KathyM Online Content OP
Features Writer
OP Online Content
Features Writer
Very lovely indeed, Wendy! Lois's reasoning was very logical as she put together what she'd seen with what "could" possibly be - living up to her reputation. And I liked Clark's misdirection of Jack - I agree, there was definitely no way that he should know before Lois.

I admit that I was surprised to see Clark getting *angry* at Lois for figuring it out, but since he was physically and emotionally exhausted, I'm willing to cut him some slack. wink

The rest of their conversation was wonderful, and of course it ended very happily for all (except Lex, who'll find out shortly that the woman he loves has dumped him for that giblet Clark Kent... goofy )

Many thanks, Wendy.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh god oh God oh God oh God!!!!

I had to pause and squeal in several places, Wendy, this is awesome!!

I love it that he had to wrestle it out of her. <g>

I also love it that you took Fly Hard and wrote such a nice aftermath. I see that episode as pretty useless... and I've never seen another fic about it before.

And that image of them standing together, him holding her, it's just lovely and just.. wow!

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Yeah, I know, I already gave you comments, but you *did* revise. wink

He’d always thought he was so discreet about that... Nervous, feeling as if he was under a microscope, he couldn’t stop one hand lifting to the rim of his spectacles. Seeing her eyes widen at the gesture, he snatched his hand away, but not before he saw her nod in something like confirmation.
Very nice!!!

Your faith in me, Lois... it awes me, but it’s also a huge responsibility.
Still love this line! Adore it! goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Loved it, loved it, loved it. The dialogue was perfection - this was a fabulous vignette, Wendy, and a wonderful and very much more satisfying conclusion to Fly Hard.

Next? wink

V

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Columnist
Columnist
Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, hail

Karla

Kerth
Kerth
Good development of the conversation, Wendy smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my gosh! I'm grinning like an idiot. A happy, sappy idiot! Why can't real men be that sweet and romantic and.... (or at least not those i know...*G*)

What a wonderful conclusion, Wendy! I just simply loved it. Adored it. Devoured it. Sucked it up. And grinned through all of it like a LnC depraved FoLC.

Sira - smile1 thumbsup thumbsup clap

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice, Wendy. I've just read both parts. I'm quite surprised, though, at the lack of angst. That really was delightfully sappy! smile

I liked the idea that Clark was angry that Lois had figured out the secret. I also liked the fact that Lois didn't want to say that she loved him, fearful as she was that he might think she only loved him because of Superman. That shows a decent amount of sensitivity on her part, I think.

Chris

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful finale..

Loved the levelheadedness Lois showed as she laid out her case and the ending?? I'm a puddle! blush blush

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Wow, lovely story, Wendy! everybody has already said pretty much what the best parts are, but I have to add that I really like the way Lois doesn't want to confess 'the other thing', how somehow, you can feell her insecurities...

“All right. Since you’re insisting - but if I’m gonna be embarrassed then so are you. So answer me something. I know you said that you think Lex is a criminal and that’s why you hate seeing me with him. But - honestly - is that the only reason?”
This is sooo Lois, I can totally picture her behaving that way.

Like I said, amazing story (I was missing more WAFF on the MBs lately and this was perfect! cool )

Cris (off to read the story again laugh )

Cris
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL. I love it. I especially love Clark's initial reaction at the very beginning of this part. Only Lois can make him a true klutz. heh

Wonderful story, Wendy!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I loved it. Such a sweet story.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I loved that wendy! what a wonderful little revelation story. I am doing cartwheels in my livingroom as we speak! goofy That was very waffy. I loved his reaction to her discovery. What a wonderful birthday fic. Nice job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
That was nicelove.

Glad that Lois figured everything out.

gerry

Top Banana
Top Banana
He took both her hands in his and held them tightly. “I feel... alive, Lois. I want to fly as high as I can go and do cartwheels in the clouds. I want to write ‘I love Lois Lane’ in letters thirty feet high in the sky. I feel as if there’s no-one else alive in the world but you and me. I’m the strongest man in the world, yet you can bring me to my knees with just a smile. And you think I don’t want to hear you tell me you love me?”

He was shocked when her only response was a tiny choke.

“Lois?”

“Clark, I’ve never heard anything so romantic in my life before!”

He grinned. Suddenly, he just couldn’t stop grinning. “And I’ve never heard anything more beautiful than you saying those three words, Lois.”
oh, gee, golly - wow! clap clap I'm just stunned. notworthy

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice story, Wendy!

I liked the part where Clark is willing to keep an open mind about Lois's feelings towards him because of his promise and winds up believing her in the end! Whoohoo!

Now all we need is a sequel where Lex figures out the giblet is Superman and spends 422 parts torturing Lois and Clark until we get our happily ever after. wink

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

This is excellent. smile1 I love it.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb! I always like Lois realizing on her own. Also, the retrospections on the characters' behavior during the hostage situation was fantastically done.
goofy

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Beaytiful story.

I was wondering if it is intentional that Clark says " I love LL", not "LL loves me". I can understand the latter (he wants Lois know his feelings), but I believe that what gives him "high" is Lois's declaration.

I feel... alive, Lois. I want to fly as high as I can go and do cartwheels in the clouds. I want to write ‘I love Lois Lane’ in letters thirty feet high in the sky. I feel as if there’s no-one else alive in the world but you and me. I’m the strongest man in the world, yet you can bring me to my knees with just a smile. And you think I don’t want to hear you tell me you love me?”

Gabriele
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was so fabulous, Wendy! notworthy I totally loved part 2 - the part Gabriele quoted is actually my favourite line. blush

I adored the revelation and Lois's explanation of how she'd come to figure it out, and I'm glad Clark realised that Lois was truthful about her feelings for him. Also, how can he not trust her when the first thing she did was to come to him and not to publish the story?

Thanks again, so very much, for the lovely birthday present. I'm very, very touched that you wrote this for me. It made my birthday all the more special. sloppy

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Wendy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard