Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I get there first, I get there first!!!

I cannot believe this!!! I just turned 24 for the third time (funny how I don't feel older at all laugh ), and looked at the boards and awwwwwww! You're a sweetheart of a friend, Wendy!

Then Bethy (who's spending the weekend with me) made me notice that it's part 1 of 2, therefore you're actually cruel. wink

She does have a point... especially as I neared the end, scrolled down after what I thought was *just* another line. A powerful line, but just a *line*. And then I saw it. Staring at me in big red, or gold, or neon-glowing letters. T. B. C.

Why????? whinging

But that was beautiful!! I particularly loved the insightful look into Luthor's relationship with Lois. I actually hadn't noticed that about Fly Hard, but he does show several times that he cares about her, and he definitely put her safety before his own. So that was really, really well done to have Clark notice that.

Then I loved Lois finally getting a clue about Clark's behaviour during their time as hostages. The only thing I didn't like was the TBC... although you know me, I'm a glutton for that kind of punishment and secretly loved it.

So, when are you posting the next part? For my 24th birthday for the fourth time? laugh Don't you dare!!!! I want it yesterday!! Please! Please please please with a Tim Horton's donut on top! notworthy

Thank you so much for the beautiful birthday present, Wendy. You're really a sweetheart. sloppy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy Canoli!(well I am Italian<g>)This is great! She tells him! WooooHooo! that is a switch!. I love it! He must be Cr*ppin his pants about now!
Wendy get back here and finish this little birthday story. Oh yeah PS. Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Kaethel. Happy Birthday to you!. Love it! More soon! dance Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, cruel queen, cruel mistress of the cliffhangers. How thou dost love to torture thy petitioners so! (okay, so I'm feeling poetic tonight...)

I love the introspection and the conversation. And the fact that Lois realized she hadn't been as observant as she should have been! But, then you go and leave us on that particular cliffhanger. shock

Soooo... when *are* you posting part 2? Well? laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap

YES! Finally a fic where Lois guesses The Big Secret during this episode!

So now Clark has to admit that yes, it's true, he's Superman, and perhaps Lois's going to say she has strong feelings for him, *him* Clark, and obviously he'll believe nothing she's saying, and then there is still the Lex-problem, but at the end everything will be right in their world... and only ONE part to go?! I look forward to read how you're going to manage that! (without a doubt you'll succeed wonderfully!)

Simona smile
(who'd like to have a Kaethel' birthday every month [sorry, Kae laugh ])

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
This is great but I agree ,how can you leave us hanging like that?!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I can just see the beginning of part 2 goofy :

Clark sputtering the coffee he just sipped and looking with wide eyes at Lois, saying "What??"

Am I right? laugh

Loved the first part of this story. hyper

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful! smile1

Happy Birthday Kae!!!!!!!

dance dance

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Malu, I can see that too! I'm half expecting the next thing to be Clark sputtering/coughing and giving Lois this shocked look while trying to make it incredulous . . . laugh Perfect ending to a chapter, even though it makes people like me wail "nooooooooo" for want of the rest.

I also loved the feel of their conversation. You managed to keep a tone of Clark being bitter and very frustrated with Lois, but also holding it back and forcing himself to talk calmly and rationally as much as possible, his little moments of calm-downs. And then there was Lois, relaxing her walls to try to talk to Clark. I felt a sense of how much she needed to talk to him by the number of times she COULD have taken something he said and reacted to it, but kept forcing herself to be calm and almost vulnerable.

I especially liked how I could feel Lois's embarrassment by Clark's question “You don’t know why that is, Lois?” By simply describing her actions and not even mentioning the word "embarrassed", you managed to convey the sense of it even better than if you had used the word. I notice you employ that technique all over the place masterfully. It really works WELL. laugh (Now if only I could get certain writers on K-Site and ff.n to do that . . .)

What a lovely chapter! Now all it needs is the sequel. *looks hopeful in anticipation*

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Love the thread title you've chosen, Kae!!! razz So good to know she went to Clark's afterwards. wink

The bite in his tone surprised him, but he couldn’t find it in him to regret it.
Awww. Bad Clark! Bad! razz

If he had a few dozen more grey hairs, he’d know who to blame.
/me chuckles... and takes back the yelling. Poor Clark.

He couldn’t be mild-mannered Clark for her tonight.
Awww! And who can blame him? frown

“I don’t need his thanks.” It was ungracious, but he didn’t care. The last thing he wanted was Lois conveying messages to him from Luthor.
I agree!! razz

Her eyes widened, and he thought for a second that there was a flash of hurt there. Quietly, she said, “He’s not my boyfriend.”

“No? Could’ve fooled me.”

“Clark!”

He sighed. “What?”

“Does it have to be like this?”
Oooh! I love it! I love Clark when he's like this. We get his raw emotions! Wait... I mean... Poor Clark!! frown

She was silent for several moments, playing with her coffee. Then, slowly, she said, “I’d expect you to trust my instincts.”

Yes, she would. And had, on many occasions. Did this mean she was actually starting to believe him?
Ooh! Let's hope so!

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, but those were exceptions.”

He raised his eyebrows. She flushed. “Okay, a few. All right, several,” she amended as he continued to look at her.
razz

“You don’t know why that is, Lois?” He stared at her, eyes widened in incredulity. Then, as he realised just what he’d revealed by that, he stifled a curse. Why give her any more ammunition to accuse him of jealousy?
Awwwaaaack! That's right, had to be one word. goofy

“The first thing I realised - that’s the one that’s more about me than you - I want to tell you that first. But I’m scared that once I tell you the second thing you’re not going to believe me about that. So...” She chewed her lip. “I’m going to start with the second thing and take my chances.”
AWWWWW!!!!! Poor Lois! Clark, you'd do best to believe her! Trust me, it'll save you some heart ache in the end! wink

“Okay.” She took a deep breath. “This is going to sound weird. Damn, it sounds crazy to me. But I’ve been over it and over it and it just seems to... fit. Though if I’m wrong you’re going to laugh yourself silly at me.”
LOL!! Now wouldn't *that* be a story? <g>

“I think you’re Superman, Clark.”
:eep: Oh boy! You know... I see the beginning of part two now: Clark's coffee sprayed all over Lois's face. <eg>

Wonderfully written as always, Wendy!!! goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A Fly Hard continuation! Yay!

Ooh, what a cliff-hanger...I can't wait for the next part!

JD
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oohhhh more more more! wildguy I'm assuming that since this is a *birthday* fic for Kaethel (BTW Happy Birthday Kae! party ) that part 2 will be posted sometime later today???? ::hint hint:: LOL! Otherwise what would be the point of it being a 'birthday fic?' wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ohhh, I just love this. In a way I saw it coming since she started babbling about having to things to say, one more about herself and that he wouldn't believe that after she told him the second thing!

In a way, it's incredibly insightful on her part. Because she gets 100% right. On the other hand, maybe she's going to tell him she hates him and doesn't want anything to do with him from now on! *eg*

Anyways, great birthday fic for Kaethel, Wendy.

And Kae: how do you do it? Turning 24 so often in a row? I'm envious! Happy Birthday!

-Sira dance jump

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

This is excellent. smile1

Happy birthday, Kae! jump

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Wendy!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
“I think you’re Superman, Clark.”
Good for you, Lois. smile1 smile1 I'm proud of you.

gerry

Columnist
Columnist
Hi

Great!!!!! I love it goofy

And BTW Happy Birthday Kaethel !!!!! !!!!!

party

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Thank you all very much indeed!!! smile1

First, and most important, again happy birthday, Kaethel! laugh I'm so glad you're enjoying this so far. You made me ROFL with your thread title! razz Had to do something about that!

Plus, of course, with everything going on Clark kind of littered the scene with clues, I thought when I watched the ep again the other morning. Lois even noticed a couple of them. So, as Gerry said, she had to get a clue. wink

So I'm really glad you've all enjoyed this so far! Thank you! notworthy

Oh, and Doranwen:

I especially liked how I could feel Lois's embarrassment by Clark's question “You don’t know why that is, Lois?” By simply describing her actions and not even mentioning the word "embarrassed", you managed to convey the sense of it even better than if you had used the word. I notice you employ that technique all over the place masterfully. It really works WELL.
Thank you! I'm learning a lot more about techniques such as showing and not telling lately, thanks to some writer friends. smile I think I've always done it to an extent, but am striving to be better.

Thanks so much again for all your wonderful comments! And especially Sara, who not only wrote an essay here but went beyond the call of duty to BR part 2 late last night.

Part 2 coming up in just a few minutes.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard